Gifts...From Companions.

JediElf

When we play, we shower our companions with gifts. Some to show affection, some to just be kind, and some are given so they don't try and eat us! *looks nervously over to Khem*

However, I often wonder, if our companions could give us gifts.

What would they give us?

:jawa_evil::jawa_cool:

When we play, we shower our companions with gifts. Some to show affection, some to just be kind, and some are given so they don't try and eat us! *looks nervously over to Khem*

What would they give us?

Buggie things for my SI as she loves 'em!

Flowers and candy for my agent as she's a sweetie herself and likes that stuff.

Weapons and booze for my Smuggler.

Less time on the bridge and more f-t-bs for my SW.

Wining, dining and nookie for my JK.

Weapons, fist fights, lots of nookie, and hugs for my BH.

Oh, you mean actual companion type gifts? Courting and weapon gifts mostly.

Awww such a cute list! :D

I mean, more like, what companion would give what kind of gift, and why. They don't have to be already existing in the game ( but relevant to the lore), but if our companions could actually gift our characters, what would they give.

That kinda thing.

:jawa_angel:

Edited by JediElf

hmmm....

my bh would all be about trophies..not humanoid ones, more like that fireside rug she asked about, or a rack of stag antlers, a necklace made of claws, ect

trooper- anything to take her mind off the army, so probably luxury

agent- sophisticated items, high end technology, rare vintage spirits and wine, ..... heirloom gemstones >:3

Awww such a cute list! :D

I mean, more like, what companion would give what kind of gift, and why. They don't have to be already existing in the game ( but relevant to the lore), but if our companions could actually gift our characters, what would they give.

That kinda thing.

jorgan- dead womp rats at your doorstep.

blizz: anything and everything

vector... F!agent waking up to find little hatchlings on her wall, making heart patterns

torian- very BIG dead womprats at your doorstep

Edited by Crezelle

hmmm....

my bh would all be about trophies..not humanoid ones, more like that fireside rug she asked about, or a rack of stag antlers, a necklace made of claws, ect

trooper- anything to take her mind off the army, so probably luxury

agent- sophisticated items, high end technology, rare vintage spirits and wine, ..... heirloom gemstones >:3

blizz: anything and everything

vector... F!agent waking up to find little hatchlings on her wall, making heart patterns

torian- very BIG dead womprats at your doorstep

Crezelle, I think you're taking the whole cat thing a little too seriously... that being said... I can see Jorgan hauling in some dead raks =D

Iresso: Access to that

giant sith datacron in his head!

What would they give us?

Companions you marry do give you gifts. Quinn sent me some luxury and military stuff, but I don't recall exactly what they were; I vendored them after a fight.

...hey, it's cathartic. I did it to my RL exes, too. :jawa_angel:

You mean, he hasn't already been bringing you those? Everytime I get back to my ship there are a variety of dead beasts on the doormat just waiting for me. I find it romantic. :D

I agree with whoever said Luxury for trooper (I think it was Crez) - hmm, wine, bubblebaths...chocolate...but a big shiny new cannon wouldn't hurt, either :)

Actually, Andro gives you a giant *** sword....

Oh! Yes, and Corso gives you a custom blaster, Sparkles. Possibly the only combat-effective gift in the game. I didn't even want the man as a long-term partner and I still melted when he gave it to me. It's the only gift-from-an-ex I've ever kept, because I know it's completely irreplaceable.

That was just devastatingly sweet.

Oh! Yes, and Corso gives you a custom blaster, Sparkles. Possibly the only combat-effective gift in the game. I didn't even want the man as a long-term partner and I still melted when he gave it to me. It's the only gift-from-an-ex I've ever kept, because I know it's completely irreplaceable.

my smuggler only somewhat stays around corso cause shes jealous of torchy :p

Edited by Crezelle

...Sparkles?

And there is ANY doubt that Corso will be added as a Gay Option when they finally come out with the Gay Patch? XD

*big blush*

I'm sorry guys, I forgot that companions actually do give you romance gifts. That's what I get, for pining after companions I can't have...yet...I hope it's 'yet'. :o :o

Let me fix it then.

Other than the romance gifts, what kind of gifts would any companions, give your characters, if they could.

Edited by JediElf

*big blush*

I'm sorry guys, I forgot that companions actually do give you romance gifts. That's what I get, for pining after companions I can't have...yet...I hope it's 'yet'. :o :o

Let me fix it then.

Other than the romance gifts, what kind of gifts would any companions, give your characters, if they could.

Well, Ayang is a secret nerd, so I get the feeling she'd freak out if one of her friends gave her a holo of some math lectures or something. Like me IRL. :C

I actually really like the fact that Corso gives you a gift that is combat effective. Game needs more of this kind of stuff. I had completely forgotten about Andronikos giving me that sword, but its been months since I played my SI.

*big blush*

Let me fix it then.

Yes, our guys and gals are so sweet, sending us gifts... that I sent to other toons and have them gift to other companions. >.>

I'd love my guys to secretly have a custom outfit tailored for my gals.. take that clean or dirty, because it can be both. :jawa_evil:

LIs and beyond:

Corso would give you some kind of custom-made weapon. I could see it being pink, possibly bedazzled. And my smuggler would raise and eyebrow, and he'd get all "whaaaat? I think it's pretty."

Blizz would give you some awesomely cool gadget that he spent hours and hours designing and customizing just for you. He'd think through the tiniest details that you'd never even realize till he spent another hour pointing them out to you.

Gault wouldn't give you anything, but he'd insist on sharing his prized bottle of ridiculously expensive wine with you.

Mako would make some home-made card saying how much she loves being your friend: "we'll be BFFs forever!"

Torian would bring you a gorgeous fur throw made from some outrageously dangerous animal. And then insist on trying it out if you're together.

Tanno would drop some crazy amount of credits in your lap, say "your cut", and then leave you to wonder what con he pulled off this time.

And Aric, I think he would like to give you every lovely thing if he could, but until then he'd probably give you something really wonderful - like foot massages after a long day.

Torian would bring you a gorgeous fur throw made from some outrageously dangerous animal. And then insist on trying it out if you're together.

i'd be up for that. on a side note; sleeping under a giant sheepskin rug is the warmest thing youll ever sleep under :3

Oh! Yes, and Corso gives you a custom blaster, Sparkles.

...Sparkles?

And there is ANY doubt that Corso will be added as a Gay Option when they finally come out with the Gay Patch? XD

Well, I don't think he named it until after he decided it was for the player character. Or else he had a name in mind but discarded it when he decided to give it away. He isn't brilliant at symbolic gestures, but it was a sweet thought.

And Aric, I think he would like to give you every lovely thing if he could, but until then he'd probably give you something really wonderful - like foot massages after a long day.

Aaaaah that's adorable!

And I had a little chuckle at the Tanno & Gault ones too, sounds about right for those two. :)

Aaaaah that's adorable!

And I had a little chuckle at the Tanno & Gault ones too, sounds about right for those two. :)

I loves him :sigh: Just incredibly decent. And I really love how in the letters he sends you he has this very off-hand way of giving presents that really had thought behind them and this sense of how much he values "his girl."

And Tanno and Gault crack me up; I hated both of them to start and they both grew on me. Antiheroes....gotta love em.

What would they give us?

Hey, if you romance them, they do give you gifts! I think that Vector gave my agent some nice killick linens and a star map. They're not really her thing (I think she would prefer all the blasters that Corso keeps giving f!smuggler). But he meant well. I think it raised her approval rating a little, anyway. ;)

• Lord Scourge might actually give me the Necronomicon and tell me I might find it interesting. :rak_04:
  • Doc would give me an armload of miscellaneous baked goods, flowers, wine, and souvenir panties, while talking a mile a minute about the last hundred women we saved, how grateful they were, and how this is my share but he took the best of the haul for himself but, well, he doesn't have the storage space for all this overflow, and I missed a really really good time - come on, this killer blonde wouldn't stop talking about you, and it's not like ol' Doc can manage quite this many ladies on his own, not when he's got his good Jedi friend to share the load - so I should come be his heroic wingman next time. And help carry this stuff. Here, take the Organa white wine, too, Doc never drinks Alderaanian whites.
  • Akaavi would get me a safer helmet. Looking stupid is not the point, captain. Being alive is the point. (Akaavi never understood my smuggler's style.)
  • Ensign Temple would get me some prototype combat widget that is only useful in close quarters combat, Cipher, but I'd love to practice with you sometime! Just the two of us!

Edited by bright_ephemera

Hey, if you romance them, they do give you gifts! I think that Vector gave my agent some nice killick linens and a star map. They're not really her thing (I think she would prefer all the blasters that Corso keeps giving f!smuggler). But he meant well. I think it raised her approval rating a little, anyway. ;)

Yeah, I know Quinn got me a bottle of wine (although I believe that was a wedding gift from another officer), silk sheets, and military armour to keep me protected, LOL. But I could definitely see him giving my Warrior those sorts of gifts.

I could also see him giving her some nice expensive trinket, Quinn looks like he'd have good taste (he likes Luxury gifts, after all ;). Maybe not a pretty dress, but perhaps a pendant or a piece of jewelry... Something that wouldn't fall off easily, as they battle across the universe.