6.1.4 Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

Conquest does not kick in for players until level 10, and you're the only one thinking they're enslaved, no one on the forums but you has ever posted anything about feeling enslaved, and it's all your characterization of other people, projecting your narrative on them.

You can mince it into any words you wish. It doesn't change the numbers. Planetary missions are such awesome conquest now and define what is or isn't " efficient, fast conq" Every other playstyle utterly pales in comparsion.

..With likely and notable exception of some..touch shady crafting alternatives. Which, again, is a great soloable activity that needs no other people to happen.

Buffing multiplayer exclusive content so it reaches even the same approx ball park AT LAST would be so important.

Just to be clear, I'm perfectly fine with planetary missions remaining best conq there is. That being the path of least resistance has its benefits. Its just that if you compaare it to any other "activity" or " end game activity", entire digits are missing atm. Which is utterly obscene.

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you're fine with won't amount to a hill of beans to low-level players once they realize EA just nerfed their early conquest opportunities into the damn ground.

This is a prime example of the dangers when it comes to some bit half arsed " eh, we just add million conq objectives and adjust later:p" - devving decision. If people notice their lvl 10 character reaches conq target in 12 mins on Monday, ability to do so is a well established tradition and a required norm by Tuesday. Even a whisper of any significant adjustment ( or nerf if ya will! ) from BW's part is a declaration of war and source for frustration that spells ruin.

Edited by Stradlin

And what about those streamers that hate pvp? Should they have to do GSF just for conquest points even if they hate pvp? You had a fit when you had to pve to get your points yet here you are telling people to do GSF even if they hate it. So it okay for others but not you? And you wonder why people don't listen to you when you throw a fit.

This is unfortunately what he has been doing from the start, the nerfs started because of his one man campaign against them. I guess one person really can mess up a game

So, looking back at David Staats post, it is abundantly clear that the Chicken Little'ing that is occurring here is completely baseless and unwarranted. You can prognosticate all you like but Nostradamus was a hack and the information that has been put out so far does not support the claims of major nerfs. <snip>

This conquest update is exactly how the HUGE NERF of 5.6 started out. Who all remembers what a pooptastic show 5.6 was? Anytime BW/EA brings up "rebalance" and even slightly mentions "nerfing" points... We ALL know how it will end. Nefing and restricting points via level will never be a good thing and it will only hurt small guilds.

However, I do fully agree with them increasing the points for harder level objectives and group based objectives. Creating new objectives or making old ones repeatable or increasing points are all good things. If they would just stick to that, it would be all gravy.

~ Sara'dominique :rak_03:

This is unfortunately what he has been doing from the start, the nerfs started because of his one man campaign against them. I guess one person really can mess up a game

And even though he apparently won his one-man-crusade against the conquest system, he still seems unhappy and unsatisfied. :rolleyes:

I don't understand how BW still haven't learned their lesson in balancing. It's the same BS over and over again. Any time a majority of players seem to have found something they enjoy, and play peacefully and happily, BW steps in and destroys their fun. At this point, I don't believe anymore that this is incompetence. This is on purpose. :mad:

Has anyone noticed how QUIET and CALM this board was during the last months? There was pretty much nothing happening at all. That is a GOOD sign, BW. Players were happily playing your game. There was no typical forum-drama going on. We had peace. You guys are apparently drama queens. You just like to trigger your playerbase. :rolleyes:

Stop the nerfs, BW! Just up some of the unbalanced conquest objectives, e. g. GSF. I'm convinced that if you balance conquest without nerfing objectives, everyone will be satisfied. Well, almost everyone. ;)

And even though he apparently won his one-man-crusade against the conquest system, he still seems unhappy and unsatisfied. :rolleyes:

He wouldn't win if he was alone :p

Alot of people just stopped playing this game when this stupid conquest system that punishes actual players (those who involved in group content of any kind) was implemented.

This is MMO.

If you can earn 50k conquest in 90 minutes while playing group content and 500k in the same amount of time playing solo, that's not just wrong.

That's EXTREMELY wrong.

That's catastrophe.

I understand that this forum got extremely vocal and arrogant group of people who play solo and don't accept the right of any other playstyle to exist.

But believe me guys, world isn't turning around you. :p

Edited by Kraysk

actual players (those who involved in group content of any kind)

Wow.

don't accept the right of any other playstyle to exist

I've only seen one person in this topic refusing to accept the right of other playstyles to exist and that's you (see your previous post demanding they remove solo objectives entirely for more evidence if the first bit I quoted here doesn't make it clear). I hope they do buff GSF further, it clearly needs it, but this kind of attitude is the absolute worst. I don't like PVP content, but I don't complain that it exists or that Bioware makes content or changes for it, because people clearly like it. Who are you to decide what makes someone an "actual player"?

Have you even tried to read this exact thread?

The narrative of many "elite forum veterans" here is "DON'T YOU DARE TO HAVE ANY FUN AND SATISFACTION HERE, WATCH CUTSCENES AS I DO!!!11", and of course "DON'T YOU DARE TO HAVE ANY CONQUEST POINTS!!!11 DECORATE SPACE BARBIE HOME AS I DO!".

They were behaving like that since the release of 6.0 and the absolute disaster of new conquest system.

Personally i find that ridiculous that now when people who actually play the game got some hope, these persons are already crying and threating to cancel their sub.

The most toxic part of SWTOR isn't DK chat or ranked PvP. The most toxic part of SWTOR are elitist veteran cutscene watchers.

He wouldn't win if he was alone :p

Alot of people just stopped playing this game when this stupid conquest system that punishes actual players (those who involved in group content of any kind) was implemented.

This is MMO.

If you can earn 50k conquest in 90 minutes while playing group content and 500k in the same amount of time playing solo, that's not just wrong.

That's EXTREMELY wrong.

That's catastrophe.

I understand that this forum got extremely vocal and arrogant group of people who play solo and don't accept the right of any other playstyle to exist.

But believe me guys, world isn't turning around you. :p

And guess what the world isn't turning around you either. Most people that I know that play solo accept group play and even do it themselves but the ones that seem to have more problems with another playstyle are players like you who demand that the playstyle fit what you have deemed it should be.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait until I actually see a full list of changes before passing judgment. I think a lot of you might be getting all worked up over nothing.

If that list of changes is representative, then it won't be any harder for my solo-only alts to hit their target. They'll just have more ways to do it.

Of course I have no idea if that list of changes is representative or not. It would have been useful also to see a list of the things that are not changing.

When I see the actual changes reported on the PTS I'll decide whether to celebrate or be sad.

Yeah, that'd be in line with what Warzones have. Other alternative in this vein would be to increase amount of medals required so pursuing the objective would span across multiple matches. Unless my memory betrays here, I think such conq objective was there already maybe one week out of four or so. However, for no good reason, BW -removed- couple of GSF themed daily repeatables from rotation entirely.

Have to admit I missed that one when it was in, probably as I don't do GSF with conquest in mind; but ye, if it were something like an "earn 8 medals" repeatable for those 2200 points and it actually carried over between matches, that would be ideal for new pilots, none of the feeling like time was wasted if they were 1 medal short.

I really like that, in general the more inclusive these objectives are the better for all of us, but with GSF having that learning curve, ensuring people can still work towards the objective like this would really be nice to have.

@Davidstaats Please give this one some consideration, it would be a win all round! :)

For those worried about nerf's, I do agree that increasing the objectives which need it is the better course than nerfing, but I mean honestly the only ones we have seen so far are the pretty cheesy ones being lowered. If we are honestly looking at balancing based on time spent, hopefully using the heroic dailies as the benchmark as that seems to be the point most people are comfortable with, I can live without the ones which are basically free as far as time invested giving as many points as they do now, as it will open up more activities which are currently not worth doing for conquest points. I guess we shall need to wait for the full list to find out though.

Have you even tried to read this exact thread?

The narrative of many "elite forum veterans" here is "DON'T YOU DARE TO HAVE ANY FUN AND SATISFACTION HERE, WATCH CUTSCENES AS I DO!!!11", and of course "DON'T YOU DARE TO HAVE ANY CONQUEST POINTS!!!11 DECORATE SPACE BARBIE HOME AS I DO!".

They were behaving like that since the release of 6.0 and the absolute disaster of new conquest system.

Personally i find that ridiculous that now when people who actually play the game got some hope, these persons are already crying and threating to cancel their sub.

The most toxic part of SWTOR isn't DK chat or ranked PvP. The most toxic part of SWTOR are elitist veteran cutscene watchers.

I haven't seen anybody say anything about the buffs being bad. The objections I've seen (and made) have been more about the nerfs and Bioware's general track record with "rebalancing" Conquest. A lot of the solo players that you're saying aren't "actual" players have actually agreed that GSF and other content should be buffed, myself included.

As I said, I've only seen 1 poster say outright that any playstyle isn't valid or shouldn't count for Conquest and that's you. Even in this post you're doing it, "now when people who actually play the game got some hope" to imply, once again, that solo players aren't "actual" players. So again, I ask you, who are you to decide what is and is not a valid form of content in this game? Why are your comments here not toxic in the way you're accusing solo players of being, if not worse? I can't say I've seen anybody ask for any PVP or Group content be outright removed from Conquest entirely like you have, or say players that like that content aren't "actual" players. You've done both of those things to solo players.

Have to admit I missed that one when it was in, probably as I don't do GSF with conquest in mind; but ye, if it were something like an "earn 8 medals" repeatable for those 2200 points and it actually carried over between matches, that would be ideal for new pilots, none of the feeling like time was wasted if they were 1 medal short.

I really like that, in general the more inclusive these objectives are the better for all of us, but with GSF having that learning curve, ensuring people can still work towards the objective like this would really be nice to have.

@Davidstaats Please give this one some consideration, it would be a win all round! :)

Yep.. Couple of downsides with medals too - One or two of them are kinda AFK friendly. Even so, GSF has a much better situation than WZs in that regard. Plus ultimately, majority of GSF medals encourages proactive busybody gameplay, notion of people chasing them sounds like a net positive with match quality in mind.

Kills+Assists combined could also work just like Rampage I and II do with planetary missions I think.

Edited by Stradlin

I would like to see all the pvp conquest achievements become per character and not per legacy. This would give pvpers more options to do conquest by just pvping.

If all you want to do it pvp, you should be able to do it on every character and not just limit it to 6 wins across the whole legacy. I find I have to change characters mid session so I don’t waste the points sometimes.

Once you’ve done the legacy pvp achievements, the only thing you get from pvp is around 2000 if you get 8 medals, which you can’t always get in arena on the losing team.

That should include the socialite achievements too. I would like that to be per character and not per Legacy.

Make these things daily repeatable PER character.

Read the 6.1.4 post again, this time a bit more thoroughly. Those were EXAMPLES. He didn't give a full list. You saying that there are only two nerfs, therefore, is incorrect. We've no idea how many are coming down the pike.

That is my concern and why I asked if they would be putting ALL of the changes on the pts for us to see or only some.

Absolutely, but of the sample changes given only two are not regularly available: Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal and Team Ranked: Total Domination. Maybe it is significant that the two objectives that are not regularly available are both PVP related, but maybe not. Until we have seen the full range of changes judgement can not be passed.

I would hope that they publish a complete log of all changes, preferably grouped by their respective Conquest week (probably better to list all of the general, weekly occurring objectives together and then group the objectives that are specific to a specific Conquest with that label), but even just seeing it on the PTS, most people who are regularly invested in Conquest know the usual weekly objectives, will give us a broad picture of how these changes are going to impact the various play styles.

This is what happened with 6.0. People could immediately see that the changes in 6.0 would be detrimental to small guilds and solo players and voiced that to BW, but BW went ahead with them anyhow. Then backpedaled with 6.1.1. What has been put out so far is nowhere near the debacle that was 6.0.

All good points. I hope they publish the full list at the same time it goes on the pts so we can properly test.

Players under level 30 do not have access to the higher-level activities that might garner more conquest points, and no one under 70 can run ops, so consider NOT applying ANY nerfs to players under level 30.

That way, brand new low-level Steamers and other new players who've recently joined us who may be eager to contribute to their guild's conquest won't feel like they're swimming through glue to complete their 50k.

Here are things I currently do on my lowbie alts for conquest that don’t include pvp

1. Starter planet kills

2. Starter planet 2 missions

3. Heroic on starter planet

4. Second planet kills

5. Second planet 2 missions

6. Heroic on second planet (I know that’s a once per legacy). But there is usually a do x number of heroics one too.

7. Sell junk

8. Get a taxi

9. Decorate strong hold (which requires you placing and picking up a deco 5 times)

10. Doing a class mission (repeatable)

11. Leveling up one lvl

12. Leveling up 5 lvls

If you add the pvp ones and the socialite ones, there are more. But even without them, I can get 20 lowbies done a week. Even if they nerf the taxi and the sell junk, it won’t drastically reduce that much. Means I might have to do a couple more class missions.

Why don’t we wait till it’s on the pts and get the full list of changes before we go full rabid at BioWare or parts of the community that don’t play the same way as us.

Edit: started a new Merc tonight and by the time I left the starter planet I had 81,000 conquest points.

** disclaimer ** I do have 150% stronghold bonus. But we had no guild boosts on.

So even if they nerf those two things and nothing else, I would have been 75,000.

Depending on what other changes they make, I don’t think it’s going to be too strenuous for newbie characters to get conquest from lvl 10 onwards.

My point is, there is plenty to do on low Alts.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Absolutely, but of the sample changes given only two are not regularly available: Starfighter: <Ship> Eternal and Team Ranked: Total Domination. Maybe it is significant that the two objectives that are not regularly available are both PVP related, but maybe not. Until we have seen the full range of changes judgement can not be passed.

In grand scheme of things, what they do to objectives that are available maybe two times a year is completely insignificant. Conq theme weeks not tied to daily areas turn more and more rare every time they add more daily areas with supplementing conq theme weeks to them. GSF and PvP-themed conq weeks happen like twice a year now. Dear Bioware, How much you buff or nerf objectives that are there two times a year is completely irrelevant. The improvements that are actually meaningful are all about objectives that are there each week.

I would hope that they publish a complete log of all changes, preferably grouped by their respective Conquest week

Yeah, exactly.. Iirc before they dropped the """"wonderful"""" conq patch last spring, they preluded it by displaying a web page with a confusing big unsorted pile of perks that were not sorted by rarity, availablity, conq week or anything else. How was anyone supposed to make any sense of that or give any feedback about it? I remember looking at..like..eight GSF themed conq objectives on display there and thinking "eh, I guess it don't look so bad for GSF" Its just that BW prolly kinda themselves forgot how in practice, these perks are virtually never available!?! Nobody cares what happens to perks that are available two times a year!! That stuff is completely trivial in any practical sense!

Stuff available every week should be on front and center of every buff, nerf or adjustment. EVERY SINGLE activity in this game that needs other people to happen needs more daily objectives available every week. GSF in particular. If GSF had 10% of daily objectives planetary tourism has, it'd be a massive buff.

Edited by Stradlin

Yep.. Couple of downsides with medals too - One or two of them are kinda AFK friendly. Even so, GSF has a much better situation than WZs in that regard. Plus ultimately, majority of GSF medals encourages proactive busybody gameplay, notion of people chasing them sounds like a net positive with match quality in mind.

Kills+Assists combined could also work just like Rampage I and II do with planetary missions I think.

Aye, repeatable for x kills + assists would work nicely. Would give new pilots the same chance as they wouldn't need solo kills and could achieve over multiple matches, may even discourage people sticking to the bottom of satellites like ticks. It would run the risk of people ignoring capture points though, and in my experience a LOT of people do that already. Perhaps we could split into 2 objectives? Something like;

Starfighter Assault: Achieve a combined 8 kills or kill assists in GSF.- infinity repeatable - 2200 conquest points

Starfighter Support: Achieve 8 medals for healing and node defence in GSF.- infinity repeatable - 2200 conquest points

Played well, you could work on both at once. I like to stick to defending one of the control points and find that though you may not be in the middle of the action, you still manage to get a few kills as often 1 or 2 people will peel off and try to get a sneaky capture, so it should balance out for low/mid skill players and not only the top tier guys (I like to think I am average, but remember well what it was like starting out)

(I'm pretty sure node defence and healing give medals, aye? TBH I don't pay much attention to the after action screen as is either a win or a loss as far as I am concerned.)

I would like to see all the pvp conquest achievements become per character and not per legacy. This would give pvpers more options to do conquest by just pvping.

If all you want to do it pvp, you should be able to do it on every character and not just limit it to 6 wins across the whole legacy. I find I have to change characters mid session so I don’t waste the points sometimes.

Once you’ve done the legacy pvp achievements, the only thing you get from pvp is around 2000 if you get 8 medals, which you can’t always get in arena on the losing team.

That should include the socialite achievements too. I would like that to be per character and not per Legacy.

I would support this. TBH I am not doing a lot of PvP at the moment due to the losses not counting for the quests any more, just the odd match for fun when the GSF queue is dead and I am in the mood.

That said, I would never go PvP for conquest points anyway, as with GSF, for me it is something to be done when not working on the conquest because it is just not even close to efficient compared to PvE. Combine that with the fact that you need wins and matchmaking can give you a bad run at times, just not worth it.

Most everything with a daily or weekly lock should be per character instead of leagcy - not just PVP.

And outside of stuff like specific events (e.g. Gree), objectives tied to content which is always available should always be included.

Edited by DawnAskham