Another which relic thread.

XAtrophi

So finally got my arkanian reactive warding relic but im not sure if its better then my conqueror one, i heard the arkanian one is bugged and only has a 20 second ICD but if they fixed it then i'll just stick to my pvp one.

Just wondering if anyone has checked whether they fixed it with 2.6

Edit: this is for a juggernaut if that makes any difference not that it matters

Edited by XAtrophi

• 2 weeks later...
Dread Forged Fortunate Redoubt + Arkanian Reactive Warding is BiS for all tanks afaik.

Is Ark RW better than Dread Forged RW or equally good? I have both, and to build e-peen I'd use the DF if it was equally good. But if Ark RW is indeed better overall then Ark it is.

Is Ark RW better than Dread Forged RW or equally good? I have both, and to build e-peen I'd use the DF if it was equally good. But if Ark RW is indeed better overall then Ark it is.

Arkanian RW is better than Dread Forged atm due to a bug that causes it to be able to proc every 20 seconds instead of every 40. The Ark RW relic says it procs for 740 damage every 40 seconds. However, it currently has the ability to proc once every 20 seconds, basically making it proc for 1480 every 40 seconds, compared to the DF RW relic's 1360 every 40 seconds(ironically this is as much as the NiM tier RW relic will proc for). Now, this will likely be fixed in a future update, so if you don't wanna gear with a bug in mind you're not losing too much absorption in the process. If you don't have access to the DF relic, easily go for the Arkanian version though.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

Arkanian RW is better than Dread Forged atm due to a bug that causes it to be able to proc every 20 seconds instead of every 40. The Ark RW relic says it procs for 740 damage every 40 seconds. However, it currently has the ability to proc once every 20 seconds, basically making it proc for 1480 every 40 seconds, compared to the DF RW relic's 1360 every 40 seconds(ironically this is as much as the NiM tier RW relic will proc for). Now, this will likely be fixed in a future update, so if you don't wanna gear with a bug in mind you're not losing too much absorption in the process. If you don't have access to the DF relic, easily go for the Arkanian version though.

Not really. In terms of relic procs, a 20s lockout doesnt mean that it will proc every 20s. There usually is an internal lockout timer, which is generally taken to be 3s. Tanking relics however proc on damage and as damage taken differs according to the fight or strategy or derps that occur. This can make the length on time between procs longer. Aside from this, there are also instances where within the 6s the reactive warding proc is not consumed due to other defensive effects take priority. It is more accurate to use live parses for comparison. For example, http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6897235&postcount=66 can be used.

In terms of the exact data, http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6957897&postcount=74 has the info for the relics and http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=6885902&postcount=57 has how to read the columns.

TLDR: Unfortunately when comparing Ark and DF RW relics its not as simple as 740x2 vs 1360.

Edited by leto_cleon

TLDR: Unfortunately when comparing Ark and DF RW relics its not as simple as 740x2 vs 1360.

Very true. Thanks for the input. Even if the Ark did proc perfectly every time I would still recommend the DF version(Oboran absorbs the same amount for anyone looking at this and wondering too but has less base stats) instead just because gearing with a bug in mind can leave you in a bad spot whenever Bioware fixes these problems(maybe not so much if you're in a raid group that has stuff on farm and you can get extra pieces to hold onto...but most probably aren't).

But which fight puts out 2k DTPS? The only one I can think is Nefra (maybe).
Thok-Zeus calculated it to be 2k dtps sometime back. As with dtps, depends on gear, healer mitigation buffs, active mitigation rotation mistakes, strategy used, etc. For example, on the tank leaderboard some tanks take way less than 2k dtps on HM Nefra.