Final Check: Conversion of Command Boosts, CXP Packs, and Command Tokens?

AlCiao

So, a while back, the devs said that, come 6.0, command boosts (that last for something like an hour or two, I forget which) would get converted into renown boosts, but consumable cxp packs and command tokens are getting converted to credits.

Just want to double check that there's been no word of this plan changing since then? Want to do a final check on this before I use all my packs and tokens :p

I haven't seen anything in dev tracker about it, but dev tracker has also made oblique references to a PTS cheeve to get a Kai Zykken log mount, and I never saw that explained there either.

I converted my Command Tokens to CXP (soon to be Renown) Boosts. (Edit: stupidly typed Packs before).

Others have bought Ilvl 230 gear to sell.

Choice is yours, but make a choice because BW has made clear the exchange rate will be abysmal.

Either buy 230 gear to make credits or buy (soon to be) Renown Boosts. As I'm swimming in credits, I chose the latter.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

I converted my Command Tokens to CXP (soon to be Renown) Packs.

Choice is yours, but make a choice. Either buy 230 gear to make credits or buy (soon to be) Renown Packs. As I'm swimming in credits, I chose the latter.

Dasty

Uh, do you mean the Command Boosts? The packs are things that drop from dailies and FPs and ops and stuff, that give you a set amount of command xp when you consume them. I wasn't aware that you could get them with command tokens.

Anyway, it's not that I'm having trouble deciding what to do, it's that I want my decision to be informed. Last I heard, those CXP packs are NOT going to convert to Renown packs but are going to convert to credits, just like Command Tokens. The Boosts (like xp boosts, except for cxp) are going to get converted to Renown Boosts though.

Again, that's the last I heard, and I want to make sure it hasn't changed, before I spend my tokens and use my cxp packs to store up boosts.

Uh, do you mean the Command Boosts? The packs are things that drop from dailies and FPs and ops and stuff, that give you a set amount of command xp when you consume them. I wasn't aware that you could get them with command tokens.

Anyway, it's not that I'm having trouble deciding what to do, it's that I want my decision to be informed. Last I heard, those CXP packs are NOT going to convert to Renown packs but are going to convert to credits, just like Command Tokens. The Boosts (like xp boosts, except for cxp) are going to get converted to Renown Boosts though.

Again, that's the last I heard, and I want to make sure it hasn't changed, before I spend my tokens and use my cxp packs to store up boosts.

Apologies, no idea why I typed Packs when I meant Boosts. But the direct answer to your question is "no" -- they have not announced any new changes.

For others, and, this is my understanding (and I think I'm right unless they change something out of the blue) and for clarification since I (stupidly) used wrong terminology above...

Command Boosts -- these extend the time for which you will gain CXP while playing. These boosts will be converted to Renown automatically with 6.0.

Command Packs (or CXP packs) -- these are the items you get for increasing your actual Command level. You get them when completing bosses, etc. Keep in mind, Command level becomes irrelevant in 10 days. Spend them now!

Command Tokens -- Currently you can use these to purchase: a) Ilvl 230 gear; b) some crafting stuff; or c) Command Boosts.

By Command Boost, I mean the item that gives you 2 hours of extra CXP gain. In 6.0, it becomes extra Renown gain.

BW has said that your Command Boost items will convert to Renown Boost items. That's why I purchased them on my 30 some odd alts. :rak_03:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Apologies if I was confusing. And, this is my understanding (and I think I'm right unless they change something out of the blue)...

Command Boosts -- these extend the time for which you will gain CXP while playing. These boosts will be converted to Renown automatically with 6.0.

Command Packs (or CXP packs) -- these are the items you get for increasing your actual Command level. You get them when completing bosses, etc. Keep in mind, Command level becomes irrelevant in 10 days. Spend them now!

Command Tokens -- Currently you can use these to purchase: a) Ilvl 230 gear; b) some crafting stuff; or c) Command Boosts.

By Command Boost, I mean the item that gives you 2 hours of extra CXP gain. In 6.0, it becomes extra Renown gain.

BW has said that your Command Boost items will convert to Renown Boost items. That's why I purchased them on my 30 some odd alts. :rak_03:

Dasty

Yes, exactly.

I saw the devs say this a few months ago, on dev tracker.

I'm just making sure that they haven't said something else since then about changing their minds on what's converting to what.

Very handy to know, thanx for the information :) (only been back a couple of weeks, still trying to get to grips with everything) :)

Edit : Just to be crystal clear :

The "Superior Command Boost", a consumable that sometimes drops from the crates (you can also buy it i believe?), giving a 100 percent bonus to CxP gain for 2 hours.. that'll simply switch to "Renown boost". So definitely worth holding on to.

What about the "Bonus CxP Consumable" (i think you mention it in the original post, but since there was a bit of confusion, i'd rather be safe than sorry, hehe) another item that sometimes drops from command crates (gives 1500'ish CxP i think ?). Does anyone know if that will be transformed into a Renown item as well, or will it just collapse into 200 credits ? :) I have about 20 of them, so i'd really not be caught making a bad decision here. Thank you :)

Edited by PlacidDragon

On PTS, the consumables that give CP directly were changed to non-usable items that can be sold to vendors (Only had a bunch of green ones, those sold for 120 credits each). Command Tokens became credit chits worth 1 credit. Those still in the command stash could be claimed and sold for 1 credit or deconstructed to gain 1 renown point. Edited by Mubrak

So, a while back, the devs said that, come 6.0, command boosts (that last for something like an hour or two, I forget which) would get converted into renown boosts, but consumable cxp packs and command tokens are getting converted to credits.

Just want to double check that there's been no word of this plan changing since then? Want to do a final check on this before I use all my packs and tokens :p

I haven't seen anything in dev tracker about it, but dev tracker has also made oblique references to a PTS cheeve to get a Kai Zykken log mount, and I never saw that explained there either.

the number will be about 13 to 14k per character based the mount of stuff they have..... now we just sit back and wait to see what that final number is

Well they have to keep plenty of peanuts in reserve; it's what they are clearly using to pay the Devs.

All The Best

Absolutely.

Edit: Which is why I'll be taking advice posted on the forums and spend mine on Command Boosts.

Edited by ZeroTypeR

I converted my Command Tokens to CXP (soon to be Renown) Boosts. (Edit: stupidly typed Packs before).

Choice is yours, but make a choice because BW has made clear the exchange rate will be abysmal.

Either buy 230 gear to make credits or buy (soon to be) Renown Packs. As I'm swimming in credits, I chose the latter.

Dasty

While I understand this, i have a doubt how much Command Tokens, I have.

When i look on the "currency" tab in my inventory, all mych characters share the same number: 572 Tokens.

but when I open the "command stash" of each characters, there are literally thousands of them.

Which number is actually valid and what can i do with those Tokens that are in "command stash"?

Thank you!

When i look on the "currency" tab in my inventory, all mych characters share the same number: 572 Tokens.

but when I open the "command stash" of each characters, there are literally thousands of them.

Which number is actually valid and what can i do with those Tokens that are in "command stash"?

Thank you!

Here's what I did and I will actually get the term Boosts vs. Packs right (I'll even proofread! :rak_03:).

For Command Tokens, you can only "claim" a maximum of 3000 across all of your characters legacy-wide. Your individual characters can stockpile above that level.

I went through the tedious process of...

1) Take each character to the Command Token Vendor on Fleet. Made sure I had enough credits (50,000 per Command Boost, soon to be Renown Boost) so as not to have run back to legacy bank.

2) Spent down the "claimed" Command Tokens (max 3000). Each Command Boost costs 190 Command Tokens & 50,000 credits.

3) When the Legacy-Wide Command Token amount was less than 190, I then went to the character's individual Command Stash and "claimed" more Command Tokens.

4) Rinse and repeat on each character.

Hope this helps.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

Thank you!

They’re both valid.

On LIVE, when you buy gear or Iokath recombinators or CXP boosts from the vendors with command tokens, it deducts those from the total in your currency tab. That caps out at 3000 per legacy. The command tokens in your currency tab are the total available to spend directly for all your characters in your legacy.

The ones in your command stash are ones you have yet to claim... just like anything in there like gear pieces or companion gifts. You can’t do anything with stuff in your command stash until you claim it or disintegrate it. You can disintegrate them into command points (CXP) although it’s only 1:1 so it’s not terribly worthwhile.

When you buy stuff that costs Command Tokens, it gets deducted from the total on the currency tab. You can replenish the amount up to the cap of 3000 by claiming the appropriate amount from your command stash. That’s how people can essentially bank more than 3000 tokens. I’ve heard there is a cap in the command stash, per character, of 10k tokens but I’ve never gotten close to that.

Based on what happened when I copied my LIVE toons onto PTS at the start of phase 2, when Onslaught/6.0 goes live on the 22nd, the 3000 tokens in your currency tab will be turned into 3000 credits for whichever character you log on to first. Any command tokens in your stashes on your various characters become “credit chits.” You may claim them for credits. Or you may deconstruct them into renown points at a 1:1 rate. Renown levels are about 16k points as of the last version of PTS so the thousand or so Command tokens in your stash won’t be worth much as credits or as renown points. That’s why it’s best to use them now.

You can use them for:

1) rating 230 gear

2) CXP boosts

3) Iokath recombinators.

Here's what I did and I will actually get the term Boosts vs. Packs right (I'll even proofread! :rak_03:).

For Command Tokens, you can only "claim" a maximum of 3000 across all of your characters legacy-wide. Your individual characters can stockpile above that level.

I went through the tedious process of...

1) Take each character to the Command Token Vendor on Fleet. Made sure I had enough credits (50,000 per Command Boost, soon to be Renown Boost) so as not to have run back to legacy bank.

2) Spent down the "claimed" Command Tokens (max 3000). Each Command Boost costs 190 Command Tokens & 50,000 credits.

3) When the Legacy-Wide Command Token amount was less than 190, I then went to the character's individual Command Stash and "claimed" more Command Tokens.

4) Rinse and repeat on each character.

Hope this helps.

Dasty

Thank you very much, clear!

They’re both valid.

On LIVE, when you buy gear or Iokath recombinators or CXP boosts from the vendors with command tokens, it deducts those from the total in your currency tab. That caps out at 3000 per legacy. The command tokens in your currency tab are the total available to spend directly for all your characters in your legacy.

The ones in your command stash are ones you have yet to claim... just like anything in there like gear pieces or companion gifts. You can’t do anything with stuff in your command stash until you claim it or disintegrate it. You can disintegrate them into command points (CXP) although it’s only 1:1 so it’s not terribly worthwhile.

When you buy stuff that costs Command Tokens, it gets deducted from the total on the currency tab. You can replenish the amount up to the cap of 3000 by claiming the appropriate amount from your command stash. That’s how people can essentially bank more than 3000 tokens. I’ve heard there is a cap in the command stash, per character, of 10k tokens but I’ve never gotten close to that.

Based on what happened when I copied my LIVE toons onto PTS at the start of phase 2, when Onslaught/6.0 goes live on the 22nd, the 3000 tokens in your currency tab will be turned into 3000 credits for whichever character you log on to first. Any command tokens in your stashes on your various characters become “credit chits.” You may claim them for credits. Or you may deconstruct them into renown points at a 1:1 rate. Renown levels are about 16k points as of the last version of PTS so the thousand or so Command tokens in your stash won’t be worth much as credits or as renown points. That’s why it’s best to use them now.

You can use them for:

1) rating 230 gear

2) CXP boosts

3) Iokath recombinators.

Thanks a lot!

Where are the vendors where you can buy CXP Boosts?

Supplies section of fleet, outer part of the ring, second space from the right as you're facing all the vendor spaces, dead center behind a desk/console along the outer bulkhead.

Apologies, no idea why I typed Packs when I meant Boosts.

Dasty

I see that you too have been hit by the dreaded Spelling / Grammar / Content police, here only to nit pick over every little mistake in a post regardless of the content or message.

Welcome to the Club.

"Everybody Makes Mistakes", Vailyn.

Edited by denavin

I am almost positive unless I had a dream, that in one of the streams musco said SPEND YOUR CXP BOOST NOW!! because they will NOT convert to reknown boost, is this not the case?

Hmmm..

Good point. I do know that it was reported by one of the team members that tokens were going to be pretty much worthless... but not sure about the CXP !

It would be good to get that cleared up !

I am almost positive unless I had a dream, that in one of the streams musco said SPEND YOUR CXP BOOST NOW!! because they will NOT convert to reknown boost, is this not the case?

He said the consumable bound to legacy CXP packs. Like the ones that drop from each boss in a flashpoint or op. Or the ones that drop from world bosses. Or the exploration ones from Iokath dailies. The ones that when consumed instantly grant CXP.

The boosts, the ones with a buff timer that increase the amount of CXP earned, those will be converted into Renown Boosts.

He said the consumable bound to legacy CXP packs. Like the ones that drop from each boss in a flashpoint or op. Or the ones that drop from world bosses. Or the exploration ones from Iokath dailies. The ones that when consumed instantly grant CXP.

The boosts, the ones with a buff timer that increase the amount of CXP earned, those will be converted into Renown Boosts.

Correct. Eric posted this on Reddit several months ago. Yes, I know it was 4 months ago, but I follow what they say pretty closely and I have not seen anything to suggest otherwise, though I understand the OP's consternation (which is justified). In any case...

Direct quote:

"Q: If we have a lot of the Command Boosts saved up, what will happen to those when Onslaught is released? Will they be converted to credits, or changed to a new boost?

A: Any Command Boost Consumables will be converted to apply to Renown. - Tully"

Citation:

Dasty

Edited by Jdast