Core Labs Hardmode

I have a question about this flashpoint. What the heck are the mechanics? I've tried on three different toons (arsenal mercenary, tactics vanguard, combat sentinel, in mixed 69 and 72) but have yet to get past the first boss. Most recently it was the closest run yet, and most of my tries were as dps in pugs but even when my guild was active we couldn't get it. A typical rundown is:

Tank engages, dps starts up

Boss starts pulling people in, when charged plates channels everyone scurries out

Adds show up, dps switches to keep them off the healer, then go back to the boss

Repeat

The problem is, it enrages every single time. I've looked at the gear of some of my groupmates, and it's not exactly bad, more than meets the requirements. So I have to ask, what's going wrong? Is it just a failure to dps fast enough? Or is something else being overlooked? It feels like we're spending too much time scrambling out of the charged plates or taking down adds.

I honestly don't mind wipes if I come out of it having learned something, but this one particular flashpoint leaves me scratching my head and feeling like I should just leave as soon as it comes up. Considering how long it can take to get into a hm 55 as dps that doesn't really feel like a viable option, and it's not very fair to the rest of the group.

I would say it is more dps that is needed, because it sounds like you're doing it correct. :confused:

Only ideas I got is:

I interpreted it as people being pulled in stayed at boss til he channels the floor thing? Because running out every time he pulls is a big waste of dps.

If everyone is using class tricks to get out from electrical floor it also helps: force speed, rolling, jump to ally etc.

Not wasting big attacks when floor is electrical and he is shielded, save it for when shield drops.

Even if the DPS's have good gear, they might have some lagg or not using correct rotation or have not yet started to switch out bad mods/enhancements included in the gear we can buy for comms.

My sniper did rather puny damage til another sniper in my guild was pointing out my mistakes, have since then looked over guides, started using Torparse/Parsec and Ops-dummy training and now I do pretty well.

Higher gear also helps, especially in pug runs. Can compensate for mistakes.

Me on my sniper (95% ultimate bought 78 gear fully augmented) and my jugg-tank buddy tested Labs HM this week using our treek's as healers, and we got through it without problems. So don't give up :)

With regard to the adds I agree that they should only be dealt with if/when they actually start attacking. Until that point they can be ignored, but once they do they hit like a truck so they have to be dealt with. But they are only weak mobs so shifting one DPS to them should be sufficient. Worst case each of the dps and the tank takes one each and solos that one and the healer should be able to spare one or two GCDs to help out.

This is a DPS and Heals check, pure and simple.

As mentioned above

Ignore the Adds unless they get pulled by AOE/aggro'd.

Any class speed buffs use on the electrocute phase or Intercede/Guardian Leap out.

Ranged DPS need to keep up Entrench or Hold the Line, to mitigate the pull.

If rDPS get pulled just stay out there and walk back slowly as your mashing buttons.

The Droid does have a Cast timer on the electrocution. 2 seconds I believe is it. Not much time to get out.

On my Sent or my Mara I save Predation for the electrocute. Force Camo CD is too long to get it every time.

Sorc/Sages should be dropping puddles outside the water where the door is.

-J:cool:

Edited by Mythurin

The adds aren't bugged. As said on other posts, they won't aggro unless they are touched for the most part. I have noticed that when some healers try and run behind that little partition so that the boss can't pull them they sometimes set them off, but other than that they'll sit there like bumps on a log.

Quick tip for melee characters:

The Boss has a pretty large "hit box", so you don't have to stand "on top of him" to hit him.

Move back until you are as close to 4m from the Boss as you can be. This will allow you to still hit him with all your attacks while allowing you to be closer to the edge of the pool.

Turn your camera so that you are looking "away from the Boss" and towards where you want to run when he electrifies the water. As soon as you see the cast start, run out. 9 out of 10 times you will take no electrical damage.