Space mission leveling

Quasiphill

I recently returned to swtor and rekindled my enjoyment of the space missions. Is this a viable leveling method? Or should one stick more to flashpoints and warzones? I did purchase the legacy xp boosts to space missions so i hope that i haven't wasted my cartel coins. Edited by Quasiphill

I recently returned to swtor and rekindled my enjoyment of the space missions. Is this a viable leveling method? Or should one stick more to flashpoints and warzones? I did purchase the legacy xp boosts to space missions so i hope that i haven't wasted my cartel coins.

You can level using space, but ultimately you'll need to do your class quests. Those will be hard if you dont do normal ground content to get gear upgrades (or at least spend credits for gear in the GTN).

There are nowhere near enough space missions to level you up without doing a ton of repeats though, so up to you.

I found that space missions served better as a supplement to what you are doing on planets for xp.

What I did on my first couple characters was to do the daily quests for space missions that were not grayed out. The space missions themselves aren't great xp for the time invested, but when you couple the xp you get during the mission with the daily quest turn in xp reward, it's worth it.

Just don't bother with the quests that are grayed out. You should have between 2 and 5 quests to do every day, which is a nice chunk of daily xp if you want to do it.

It all depends on your style and how fast you want to level. Even though at early levels good part of space exp comes from kills, later on majority of exp gain is from quests, and quests are dalies, so once you've done them all(ar at least those that are not gray and still give exp), speed at which you get exp will plummet.

So space missions are good supplement, or 'main way' if you log in, do 3-4 missions and log out for the day.

If you intend to keep on grinding exp with space missions, it won't be nowhere near as efficient as grinding fp/wz.

I found that space missions served better as a supplement to what you are doing on planets for xp.

What I did on my first couple characters was to do the daily quests for space missions that were not grayed out. The space missions themselves aren't great xp for the time invested, but when you couple the xp you get during the mission with the daily quest turn in xp reward, it's worth it.

Just don't bother with the quests that are grayed out. You should have between 2 and 5 quests to do every day, which is a nice chunk of daily xp if you want to do it.

This. If I am close to leveling a character I will do space combat missions.

I leveled my Shadow tank, I mainly did Class quests and Space Missions.

I was able to skip over 6 planets worth of side quests on my way to 50. Worked out well.

I would recommend springing for the +XP legacy perks for this though.

Edited by Khevar

i gain probably millions of xp while doing space missions from lvl 12ish to 50. it's an amazing source of xp. past like lvl 40 or so, you gain over 100,000 xp for like 25 minutes of space missions. you CANNOT beat that anywhere.

even from lvl 12, it's usually a good 60k xp a day and around 150,000 whenever you get new missions.

alot of times i only have an hour to play. i run 2 guys through their space missions, BAM, 60k+ xp. level every 2-3 days. you can't beat that. i've done entire characters 30-50 only doing space missions. sure it took weeks, but i didn't have to spend more than 25 minutes per day.