My Goals for Crafting Crew Skills

MisterWallace

I really wish that each crew skills had some sort of benefit to have it leveled to 400. But it seems that this game has not put enough thought into what benefits a player should get out of their crafting crew skills.

My philosophy is that each crafting skill should

1. Provide a Bonus that can only benefit the player in endgame

2. Provide A service to players that don't have that crafting skill

3. Fuel a steady and reliable cash flow

4. Benefit our guilds in some way, like guild recipes.

My reasoning behind this is because I'm 400 Synthweaving, and sure i can make awesome orange gear. Then I look at Biochem and gaze at its pure awesomeness, and wonder why all the other crafters get the short end of the stick. You can troll me all you want and tell me to level Biochem, but honestly I'm not going to level it because thats taking the easy way out.

Somehow we need to meet halfway, and make it so all crafters have something that seems fair and reasonable

Example.

Synthweaving and Armormech can make additional augments to bracers and belts

Cybertech BOP mods that have +10 to any base stat

Artifice and Armstech +10 to barrels or Hilts

Biochem has a good bonus

Adding Augments to All Gear is temporary fix for a Permanent Problem.

My philosophy is that each crafting skill should

1. Provide a Bonus that can only benefit the player in endgame

2. Provide A service to players that don't have that crafting skill

3. Fuel a steady and reliable cash flow

4. Benefit our guilds in some way, like guild recipes.

My reasoning behind this is because I'm 400 Synthweaving, and sure i can make awesome orange gear. Then I look at Biochem and gaze at its pure awesomeness, and wonder why all the other crafters get the short end of the stick. You can troll me all you want and tell me to level Biochem, but honestly I'm not going to level it because thats taking the easy way out.

My philosophy is that your philosophy is wrong, and 1 and 4 are HORRIBLE ideas. And that instead of breaking the rest of the skills to be broken like biochem is, they should instead fix biochem.

I don't *want* people to feel like they have to actually HAVE a crewskill to be the best adventurer they can be. I want them to be perfectly happy and content buying crafted stuff from other people if that's what they choose to do, so that I am competing aganst less people to sell to more peope.

edit:

P.S. My philosophy is that crew skills should be all about making money via that crewskill. Any benefit that comes from having that crewskill should only be makeing that crewskill more profitable. (i.e. more efficient to make stuff, make stuff faster, make better stuff, less expensive to make stuff, etc.)

Edited by GnatB

I'd just like to point out that Biochem suffers the same problem here.

You're stating it like being able to use your crafted gear is a benefit. Think of it this way instead: You're a Synthweaver, you made your orange gear and it's awesome. If you switch to, say, Artifice you can still wear your crafted gear. You can still sell whatever excess gear you have, as well.

Biochem? If you switch, no more Stims and Medpacs for you. They sit in your inventory mocking you, daring you to level back up to 400 just to use them.