Are boss loot drops based off of what classes are in the party?

Aren't those orange drops BoP anyway? I soloed Hammer Station and Esseles a few times for lightside points and all the stuff the bosses dropped was BoP.

But yeah, they seemed very much based on my class. And on my Smuggler, in two normal Esseles runs with another human player, I got two orange blasters, two orange jackets and two Esseles gloves... it was a little crazy. Wasn't complaining though.

On My Marauder, I ran TBT 4 times in a row with a BH and every single drop was AIM. I then soloed the first Droid boss after those three and my Marauder's Vest dropped.....

It may be random, but the classes present have to effect the RNG in some way. Maybe giving an extra % to the roll based off the classes in the group or something.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
I did a test tonight, I did 20 runs with my 50 BH and on the final kill, all 20 times, Cademimu Ranger's Greaves, Cademimu Trusty Holdout. I then did 10 runs with my SI and I got the Foeseeker's Body Armor and I forget the second drop. I took my BH in there cause I like the looks for the Foeseekers's Body Armor, but after 20 runs with the excact same drops from every named kill I would say its not very random. I did get two variations on drops on the first kill. One time I got the earpiece and the other time sharpshooter pants. But I find it odd out of 20 runs the drops did not vary.

The Columi piece at the end of a HM FP, the columi and Rakata pieces in Lost Island, and Rakata pieces in operations only for the classes present, always. Anyone saying otherwise, prove it, because I've done literally hundreds of HM FPs and never seen a single columi piece drop from the final boss that wasn't for one of the classes involved.

Everything else I'm not sure.

I've helped gear fresh 50 sorcs by running even HM FP with a sin tank, two sorc dps, and sorc healer, because the inquisitor piece is guaranteed to drop from the last boss.

Edited by Taiketo

The Columi piece at the end of a HM FP, the columi and Rakata pieces in Lost Island, and Rakata pieces in operations only for the classes present, always. Anyone saying otherwise, prove it, because I've done literally hundreds of HM FPs and never seen a single columi piece drop from the final boss that wasn't for one of the classes involved.

Everything else I'm not sure.

I've helped gear fresh 50 sorcs by running even HM FP with a sin tank, two sorc dps, and sorc healer, because the inquisitor piece is guaranteed to drop from the last boss.

Yea... not true. I had double trooper helms in that one Rakghoul place with absolutely no troopers in the run.

Yea... not true. I had double trooper helms in that one Rakghoul place with absolutely no troopers in the run.

Yeah, no, you didn't.

Two things wrong with what you said :

1. Only one Columi piece drops at a time from the final boss in Kaon.

2. Trooper helms will not drop if a trooper is not present.

Prove it, or stop spreading lies.

It seems to be spotty. Whenever I run eseless/ BT with lowbies, I always end up getting all the drops even though I'm 50. Other times when I run with groups at-level, we will occasionally get drops for classes that are not there, but it is not as common as it used to be.

From what I've seen its not 100% party only drops. If its an 'orange' item it tends to be for the class you have in group, though not necessarily for the correct Advanced Class (wish they'd fix that). The other drops like non-modable things, are not class specific.

I always thought Ops were weighted depending on the group, but strenght and cunning still drop more than anything else. Which was great, the first night I ran SM EV and KP, i was almost full columi gear on my sawbones, Hat never did dropped, it was pretty much the same with HM EV and KP, was full rakata after running both of them the first time. Just missing hat (again) and bracers). Now my shadow took forever, about 2 months of running HM KP and I still never got a mainhand. Didn't get it until we Consular weighted the group and ran NIM KP. Hell I got Karagga's hat and seen more hats drops than I have Consular's mainhands. Edited by mikebevo

smart loot was added some time ago in hm and ops. the other flash points they were not i believe but am not sure.

i think it might have been in 1.3 when the lfd was implemented or shortly afterward/ before. it was a godsend with much rejoicing after it was done by those running ops and hms.:D

This so called 'smart-loot' is not so smart. I rolled my 7th alt, i know i have become and alt-addict, and took 3 sages with me through the esselles so I can get the robe. Guess what? It took me 7 runs with 4 sages to get the robe and that is not the worst part. The worst part is the trooper and smuggler loot that drops when your party composition has none of these. The bonus boss, which needs to drop the robe, was very kind to give me 4 times in a row, i will stress, the same useless black talon pyro something shield.

So I would like to take the time, with this post, to thank BioWare for this 'smart loot' idea because it is a complete waste of time. To run a flashpoint 7 times to get 2 pieces of consular gear (5 times gloves drop) and 1 out of 7 robe, is , for the lack of a better word, retarded.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

I remember a while back there was a dev post where they said that the mechanism that decides the loot sees what classes are in the group and drops a piece for one of those classes. However, it seems this isn't working correctly cause as many people have said loot is dropping for classes not in the group unless every player in the group is the same class or there is only one person in the flashpoint or op. I would think this is probably a bug and Bioware will hopefully address it in the future. Until then, I guess we will have to live with it. Edit: Upon reading other posts it seems that even with all classes in the group being the same loot isn't being distributed correctly. I truly do hope BW address this issue in the near future. Edited by WillDad

I always thought Ops were weighted depending on the group, but strenght and cunning still drop more than anything else. Which was great, the first night I ran SM EV and KP, i was almost full columi gear on my sawbones, Hat never did dropped, it was pretty much the same with HM EV and KP, was full rakata after running both of them the first time. Just missing hat (again) and bracers). Now my shadow took forever, about 2 months of running HM KP and I still never got a mainhand. Didn't get it until we Consular weighted the group and ran NIM KP. Hell I got Karagga's hat and seen more hats drops than I have Consular's mainhands.

Thats odd, just ran EC SM with 4 Mara's and a Jug and no warrior gear dropped at all. All but one piece was BH (we had one bounty hunter who made out like a bandit), the other was for Inquis.

for me it's all random and actually least promoting my class.

I have had zillion HM FPs and Consular drops are rare (no matter the group configuration) and sometimes NOTHING useful drops. Last Saturday I did Eseless twice, and again nothing dropped.

I mostly see items drops that no one wants.

On the other hand I tried to run Kaon (for I do not know how many times) in order to get that Columi double bladed staff, but it has NEVER dropped. Since I already have EWH staff, it's not a big deal, but if I don't, I woudl have gone nuts.

I mean HOW long you need to do the same stuff in order to make any progress?? i do my grinding diligently, but that's getting out of hand...