That's it. I'm just retiring my Sentinel.

Enexemander

sentinels are very squishy if you just don't attack them through rebuke.

Good idea in theory, impossible in practice where most classes got dots as a mean of defense alternatively trash pugs breaking cc/throwing uneeded AoE's etc. To be fair, mostly lower level of PvP finds smash a problem since its pretty easy to destroy those noobs in ranked with proper teamplay and composition.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea in theory, impossible in practice where most classes got dots as a mean of defense alternatively trash pugs breaking cc/throwing uneeded AoE's etc. To be fair, mostly lower level of PvP finds smash a problem since its pretty easy to destroy those noobs in ranked with proper teamplay and composition.

I was taking this from the perspective of a marksman sniper. If you engage in range, and they have it up, our no damage knockback + mezz is easily 6 seconds to stall.

I was taking this from the perspective of a marksman sniper. If you engage in range, and they have it up, our no damage knockback + mezz is easily 6 seconds to stall.

But now he's white barred, and you're ****ed because you can't stun him to prevent him from UR or to stun him while he is UR.

It's better to just root him (lasts 5 sec), and sit there for it to wear off.

Edited by Smashbrother

A good sent / maurader cannot be beat period (aside from mass zerging, and even then....)

If a sent is having an issue with the squishiest class in the game. going ranged isnt going to help.

Advice to OP,

Go and make yourself a sorc LOL come back and let us know how that worked out for you.

:p.

D,

My sage is level 37. :-p

I also think you're confused. I don't have a problem with fighting sorcerers. I have a problem when the entire team is coated with stun bubbles.

I'm all for sorcerers having a stun bubble that only works on them.

I also think you're confused. I don't have a problem with fighting sorcerers. I have a problem when the entire team is coated with stun bubbles.

Learn to smash as many people as you can and pop all those bubbles at once.

Yes the entire team got bubble on them is really annoying I already switched to my Vanguard so I dont have to deal with bubbles.

I'm done with dealing with the bubblespec BS.

I'm going ranged only until they fix this Cluster@$%@

fun fact: I saw this guy on his juggernaut the other night. Same name, in any event. Absolutely horrible gear. A free kill without bubbles. I abandoned that team before the match started. Bad is bad.

I don't think this is true. The buff to both was basically the same patch wasn't it?

If I had to guess, I'd say bubble stuns was buffed to deal with carnage maras/combat sentinels. Before the bubble stuns a person of this class/spec combo with the proper gear could leap to a bubbled sorc, and if they were allowed to get off Gore > Ravage Scream (Precision Slash > Master Strike Blade Storm), maybe throw in a Dispatch if the target was still up and that was GG man. Full Health to dead in the space of 4-5 GCDs. You could counter this with a knockback or stun, but stuns can be on kind of a long cooldown and you need them for dealing with things like UR/GbtF. If you knockback then 15s later they're in your face again with Blade Rush spam and you're still dead in the span of about the same time.

With bubbles though combat is almost completely shut down because now sorcs/sages (and anyone they bubble consistently) have a nice cheap, basically spammable stun that completely negates PS (it only lasts for 3 GCDs). The effort vs reward for the spec is thus skewed way down (you can do it if you're really good and pick your targets very well, but obviously DPS uptime is lower).

All that wonderful potential burst and its all completely countered by bubble stuns.

If anything I wonder if smash wasn't intended to deal with bubbles. Leap to a group of bubbled melee and pop all their bubbles at once (and then pop yours so you don't die for your troubles). Singularity stacks stay up for a good long while, the autocrit buff lasts for 20 seconds, you might can slow them down, but you aren't going to completely shut them down like you will a combat sent.

Is basically why I switched my sent to focus. I'd go back to combat in a second if I knew there wouldn't be a ton of bubble stuns (sometimes I say screw it and go combat anyway, just cause I love the buffed transcendence).

Yes smash is the only way to perform well as a Mara while stuttering. Annihilation is too cleansable and the carnage rotation is too fragile. In level 50 games I would have to confirm but i think very few ravages actually finish vs competent teams with 2 or 3 enemies in proximity - there are too many ways to stop them and their cool down is too long.

A good sent / maurader cannot be beat period (aside from mass zerging, and even then....)

If a sent is having an issue with the squishiest class in the game. going ranged isnt going to help.

Advice to OP,

Go and make yourself a sorc LOL come back and let us know how that worked out for you.

:p.

D,

Can't be beat huh? I have yet to lose to a sent/mara in a 1v1 situation. Infiltration/balance shadows played well make sents/maras cry for their mothers.

Can't be beat huh? I have yet to lose to a sent/mara in a 1v1 situation. Infiltration/balance shadows played well make sents/maras cry for their mothers.

Actually they don't, we wipe the floor with them they're ridiculously squishy. :rolleyes: the only shadow that can beat us is kinetics and their assassin counterparts.

I might not play my mara because I should be able to run around at will and kill everyone and with the bubbles it bothers me and I don't like it and it's not pvp if I can't run around and kill squishys and all the people I want to and I don't like being bothered and I will shelve it and not take it off the shelf until I can run around killing everyone like I supposed to cuz that's pvp. I should be able to smash em and choke em and stun em and interrupt their casts without them botherin me killen them cuz then it just takes longer to kill em and thats a waste of time and the wz would go faster if I wasn't bothered and just killed em all.

Going ranged won't help much if your server has a couple of sorc or sages that team up and know what they're doing.

My sorc often bubbles himself then force speeds into the enemy teams ranged (they almost always seem to group up in the same areas), bursts the bubble to stun them, then our other sorc uses extraction to pull me back. A few seconds later he bubbles up and does the same thing. (use grenades as well when off CD on any you miss with the stun).

Rather a fun way to annoy the ranged while you keep the rest of the team bubbled to shut down the lolsmashers. :D

Realistically though changing bubble stun without fixing smash would make the lolsmash problem a lot worse. Both need changes but until that happens expect more bubblestun to counter the huge amount of people re-rolling sent / mara for the easy mode smash specs.

Going ranged won't help much if your server has a couple of sorc or sages that team up and know what they're doing.

as soon as the sniper breaks or the stun wears off, he pops entrench. entrench last an unusually long time (20s) and is on a very short cd. basically, it's available for every fight. it's like having 20s force shroud. anybody will die under focus fire, but I don't see how a couple sages charging a sniper is remotely threatening. hell, he could entrench just before they get in range for bubble and completely waste their stuns.

but I don't see how a couple sages charging a sniper is remotely threatening

Oh it's not meant to be, it's just to annoy them and lower their dps output a bit...and gives our juggernaught a leap to point on them if he wants it. :p

So many ranged don't expect a squishy to be charging at them and don't think fast enough to entrench. (you get to learn the good players that do and avoid doing it around them).

That and we get bored enough just laughing at the melee being stunned for most of the wz that we have plenty of time to annoy the other teams healers and ranged too.

The ignorance in this thread is maddening. Every time bubble spec comes into the conversation everyone immediately goes into "lawl 1v1" scenario and gives all these "amazing" tips on how to avoid it. Avoiding a single bubble stun has NEVER been an issue here. It's an ENTIRE TEAM having a bubble stun on them. I have no problem with a sage keeping their bubble stun, they are squishy, they need that utility. However, giving that stun to the entire team is just asinine. You can't avoid it, you will get stunned by another player just simply running past you and clicking the bubble off him because the damn thing is an aoe stun and it takes damn near 5 bubble stuns to fill your resolve.