Best Stunlock PvP class?

Brolide

I believe you're just making **** up now :)

I played WoW vanilla for many years, it has and never will be a pvp game.

The whole concept of a "Player vs Player" is it's just that player vs player... not items vs items.

Hense why I find it amusing that the OP says top vpp player then goes on about doing Arena's for gear to compete.

Now back to you ChrisGG. You really are trying to say that people who hate wow are the people that fail at it?

That's the point :) You can't fail at it as it's designed with the 'average' player in mind.. i.e. 12 or the IQ of a 12 year old. It's a game for the masses where you have your hand held constantly with no difficulty what so ever and you then say, "Cause people fail at it".

You sir and just plain amusing and a great example of what I mean :)

You tried and you failed. I'm sure you've played arenas and gotten dumpstered straight down to the 900 bracket. Also lol @ you using the word AVERAGE.

And actually I am sorry to say that World Of Warcraft is the MMORPG where there exist the biggest and most dedicated PvP community. And yes there are Top PvP players that will use you as a mop to clean the floor in any kind of competitive PvP, and of course there exists End Game PvP. You can like it or not, but it's as it is.

http://www.LeagueofLegends.com

Pretty sure they have the biggest and most dedicated pvp community for an MMO :)

Before you say it's "Not an MMO". All WoW pvp is instant based, set team vs team play.

"we wow has lvling and gear". LoL has character unlocks and leveling.

As for the most dedicated PvP game world wide, I'm pretty sure SC2 wins that as they have professional leagues and insane prize pools... but that's an RTS :)

I rather dont see operatives in the top of warzone chart. Best places are always reached by BH, Sorcs, Sins.

Opp are mobile and deadly, but very low survivability and only direct target.

I play sin and I'm now mostly on the first 3 places in every warzone. With my sin build I have still high dmg abilities and strong defences around 50% armor vs same lvl and so many CC and defence/offence skills (included long ranged and AoE). So I can leave hide off in the back of entire enemy party then kill 1-2 targets on sight and still have enough health to run away and put myself stealth again.

If trouble I can always escape to stealth even in combat. I can also play very flexible. Sometimes on long range, sometimes on close combat. So sin is very flexible class. Not the best DPS but very deadly if played well.

Edited by Brzytwa

I find it extremely amusing people saying, "End game Pvp" and "Top Pvp player" and all that and then saying the magic words.

"In WoW"

i havent played wow in over 2 years, but just to let you know you quit right before the best xpac

tbc was AMAZING for pvpers

http://www.LeagueofLegends.com

Pretty sure they have the biggest and most dedicated pvp community for an MMO :)

Before you say it's "Not an MMO".

I don't have to say it, you already said it and Shawn Carnes - main designer from Riot Games - said it.

This really implies I am right as the other only MMO you put on the table to say I am wrong is not even an MMO.

I played WoW vanilla for many years, it has and never will be a pvp game.

Oh well now I get it. You know nothing about wow PvP. Vanilla was not PvP ready at all, 10 hours Alterac Battlegrounds to kill a PvE boss was not PvP.

If you left before TBC you know nothing about how competitive PvP is in WoW.

heh OP.

So are you telling me that when there are competitions for WoW arena, pvp etc they are given the exact same gear (varying on class and build ofcourse) and no consumeables are allowed so the pvp itself is about:

Class balance

Team Setup

Player Skill

Or does gear still play a massive part in the outcome of a pvp match?

If the outcome of a fight is purely based of the 3 areas I mentioned above, I apoligse and take back what I've said about WoW not being about player vs player, but gear vs gear.

;)

On a side note when I mentioned LoL vs WoW as MMO pvp i was not implying that LoL is an MMO, I was implying that WoW pvp is not massive multiplayer online as it's all instance, arena, teambased :)

Just like Swtor pvp is not MMO. It's instance, arena, team based as there is no incentive for massive world pvp.

To give you a quick idea, MMO pvp is well... Eve Online.

Edited by Zutha

heh OP.

So are you telling me that when there are competitions for WoW arena, pvp etc they are given the exact same gear (varying on class and build ofcourse) and no consumeables are allowed so the pvp itself is about:

Class balance

Team Setup

Player Skill

Or does gear still play a massive part in the outcome of a pvp match?

If the outcome of a fight is purely based of the 3 areas I mentioned above, I apoligse and take back what I've said about WoW not being about player vs player, but gear vs gear.

;)

On a side note when I mentioned LoL vs WoW as MMO pvp i was not implying that LoL is an MMO, I was implying that WoW pvp is not massive multiplayer online as it's all instance, arena, teambased :)

Just like Swtor pvp is not MMO. It's instance, arena, team based as there is no incentive for massive world pvp.

To give you a quick idea, MMO pvp is well... Eve Online.

Actually they do give the same gear no consumables are allowed no addons are allowed etc. But thats only high end pvp. These chums have never played that ;O

Actually they do give the same gear no consumables are allowed no addons are allowed etc. But thats only high end pvp. These chums have never played that ;O

That only for competitions I take it?

Fair enough :)

So normal everyday pvp is about gear and competitions is about skill.

That only for competitions I take it?

Fair enough :)

So normal everyday pvp is about gear and competitions is about skill.

well pretty much everyone has the same gear if theyre in the same bracket, its not like a derp fest

blizzard made it way easier to obtain gear since vanill and everyone is pretty much even in gear if they have been max level for a while

Edited by Dietyz

Dear Zutha,

You have received a warning at STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Reason:

-------

Rude, Disrespectful Comments

Your post was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

Rude and insulting commentary is not permitted on these forums. Statements such as "stupidity that is dribbling out of your mouth" are considered rude. Please keep posts on topic, polite, and constructive to the discussion.

We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you take a moment to review our Rules of Conduct.

Feel free to contact the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Team at bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com if you have any questions about this message or its contents. Thank you for respecting our position and helping us create a fun and safe environment for our community.

-------

Original Post:

You tried and you failed. I'm sure you've played arenas and gotten dumpstered straight down to the 900 bracket. Also lol @ you using the word AVERAGE.

I stopped playing before Arena's were introduced :)

Explain to me what is so funny about the word "average". Try and reply without the "argh fail arff arff" stupidity that is dribbling out of your mouth :)

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,

STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Thanks for this. I'd prefer that you read the posts and the context of the comment before issuing infractions as you are showing youself to be as stupid as the guy I was replying too :)

Thanks and have a nice day.

Z

here judge for yourself.

50 in PvP gear vs people with no expertise. It's balanced if you're a 50 vs another 50. Operatives are extremely easy to kill on my Trooper. This is why they'll need to add a bracket exclusively for 50s in a week or so.

What a dumb post you could have gone to any db and check both classes CC capabilities or are you unable to get info for yourself?

Main difference is, that operative has AoE incap, while assassin has aoe knockback.

Toolset for assassin is

4s stun (60s cd), 4s incap (15s cd), knockdown out of stealth for 2s (30s cd), whirlwind (kinda incap) 60s cd holds about 6-7 seconds, slow 50% 9 seconds.

I don't believe any class has more, either less or same.