Healer LF BiS Relics

Marek_Arendis

Hey, so Ive been kinda putting off relics, been just using the Matrix Cube, and a Columi Relic I got off a raid ages ago.

So my question is, what is the best relics to be using. I know Matrix Cube is practically BiS with its Will and Crit. But what should I be grabbing for my second relic. a PVP relic, (keep in mind Im not gonna have patience for a WH so it will be more like a BM as I hate PvP) or a Dreadguard?

Ive been starting to run dailies again(hate grinding dailies, but Im soo poor its sad) and am getting up to the point I can buy a dread guard relic(like should have enough at the end of the day, but dont want to waste the coms if I can just do a few pvp matches and grab a BM relic and it be more use to me.

The matrix cube hasn't been BIS for months.

BIS relics for sage:

Dread guard relic of elemental transcendance

Dread guard relic of boundless ages

In third place, and probably easier to acquire is warhero relic of boundless ages

BIS relics for sage:

In third place, and probably easier to acquire is warhero relic of boundless ages

Hrm really? Ive been back for about a month now(was gone for most of the summer, and a little of the spring) and I have yet to see anything better than the Matrix cube. I dont really see how some power is better than Will and Crit, but anyways. So Dread Guard relic is the way to go eh? Cool thanks.

BIS relics for sage:

Given the thread title begins with "Healer", I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you :p

Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages

War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages

I dont really see how some power is better than Will and Crit, but anyways.

Out of interest, what's your reasoning for this?

Edited by Aurojiin

Out of interest, what's your reasoning for this?

Well Im not the type of person who does the math, and tests everything out, that being said, I just cant see how 47 power, would be more usefull then 84 Will, with an additional 27 crit.

From my understanding Power is very similar to Will power, but from what I can see, willpower also helps critical, and as its my main stat, I believe it makes it a little better than power.

Now I have read that at somepoint, Willpower starts giving diminished returns, but even then, with almost double the Willpower I think it would still be more helpful than 47 power.

I assume you know more about it though, so I would be interested in knowing why its not BiS, or why I would be better with a WH relic then the Matrix Cube. Your help is much appreciated :D

Well Im not the type of person who does the math, and tests everything out, that being said, I just cant see how 47 power, would be more usefull then 84 Will, with an additional 27 crit.

From my understanding Power is very similar to Will power, but from what I can see, willpower also helps critical, and as its my main stat, I believe it makes it a little better than power.

Now I have read that at somepoint, Willpower starts giving diminished returns, but even then, with almost double the Willpower I think it would still be more helpful than 47 power.

I assume you know more about it though, so I would be interested in knowing why its not BiS, or why I would be better with a WH relic then the Matrix Cube. Your help is much appreciated :D

I think you're ignoring the on-use for the dreadguard relic. With the extra 350 power up 1/4 of the time, you have an average of 134 power from the DG relic. The WH relic gives a constant 113 power. Both of these are better than 66 WP and 27 crit.

I think you're ignoring the on-use for the dreadguard relic. With the extra 350 power up 1/4 of the time, you have an average of 134 power from the DG relic. The WH relic gives a constant 113 power. Both of these are better than 66 WP and 27 crit.

Does the WH have a cooldown? If so I still fail to see it then, because the relics are on the same cooldown right? If not, then that totally makes sense..

I never actually looked at the WH relic..hmm gonna go look at it now. How long does it take to get? and how many WZs, I really hate PvP, but if it helps get me a bit more out of my healz, I will make the sacrifice

Does the WH have a cooldown? If so I still fail to see it then, because the relics are on the same cooldown right? If not, then that totally makes sense..

I never actually looked at the WH relic..hmm gonna go look at it now. How long does it take to get? and how many WZs, I really hate PvP, but if it helps get me a bit more out of my healz, I will make the sacrifice

No cooldown on the WH relic...it is a static power boost. The Elite War Hero relics coming in 1.6 are even more powerful.

The WH relics are currently a bit of grind to get...mostly because they require rated WZ comms to buy, and you can't convert WZ comms to RWZ comms until you get to valor 40. Battlemaster relics are +103 power (still better than the cube IMO), and are easier to get. Also, WH relics will get easier to acquire in 1.6.

Actually, the dread guard relic lasts 30 seconds, on a 2 minute cooldown, so it's up 1/4 of the time. In that you're right. But 1/4 of 350 is only 87.5. WH relics top that. Heck, Champion relics top that with 93 constant power.

Also, pertaining to the matrix cube, based on mods, crit and power are exchangable on a 1:1 ratio in most cases, and 66 WP would be equivalent of approximately 72 or 73 power, plus the 27 crit would be 100. Still beaten by Battlemaster relics.

Actually, the dread guard relic lasts 30 seconds, on a 2 minute cooldown, so it's up 1/4 of the time. In that you're right. But 1/4 of 350 is only 87.5. WH relics top that. Heck, Champion relics top that with 93 constant power.

Also, pertaining to the matrix cube, based on mods, crit and power are exchangable on a 1:1 ratio in most cases, and 66 WP would be equivalent of approximately 72 or 73 power, plus the 27 crit would be 100. Still beaten by Battlemaster relics.

The dread gaurd relic also gives passive power. It is better than war hero.

• 3 weeks later...
Given the thread title begins with "Healer", I'm gonna respectfully disagree with you :p

Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages

War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages

I don't PVP at all, so I've been using the matrix cube plus the Champion Relic of Boundless Ages. I have enough daily comms now for the Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages. Should I pair it with the matrix cube, or the Champion Relic? Which is better: 84 Willpower + 27 Crit, or 18 Willpower + 97 Power?

I tried comparing each using the Gear Editor on Ask Mr. Robot. If I pair the Dread Guard Relic of BA with the matrix cube, I'll have a bonus healing (fully buffed and stimmed) of 790.6 and crit chance of 39.48%. If I pair the Dread Guard relic with the Champion relic, I'll lose enough crit that I'd have to exchange one of my aptitude mods for a mettle mod. Then, it would give me a bonus healing of 789.2 with a crit chance of 39.69%. They seem very close to me, and I don't know how to calculate which will lead to overall better healing. It's especially complicated by the fact that these numbers don't reflect how my bonus healing will change when 25% of the time I have the Dread Guard relic activated...I have no idea how to factor that into the calculation. My current crit multiplier is 76.10%.

Edit: OK, so I checked out the SWTOR formula list at MMO mechanics, and did some math. Given my surge and the two possible crit/power combinations, I calculated the "average tick" of my Healing Trance and found a minuscule difference: <0.1 average healing difference between the two options (Champion relic with the slight edge). When I add in an additional 25% chance to crit, based on the fact that I almost always use Healing Trance after a Rejuvinate, the difference in "average tick" is still <1 point of healing (though the matrix cube then comes out on top). So basically, I was way overthinking all of it.

Conclusion: If you're PVP-phobic like me, you can pair your Dread Guard Relic of Boundless Ages with either the Matrix Cube or the Champion Relic of Boundless Ages--whichever makes you happy. It probably won't matter much. (For the record, your bonus healing will be about 4 behind someone using the Elite War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages. It's OK.)

Edited by Mireleni
did some math

BIS relics for sage:

Dread guard relic of elemental transcendance is for DPS, not healing

Edited by Kytea