Developer Update: Heroic Space Missions

CourtneyWoods

We could really use some space pvp content right about now, the railing system wouldn't work well if that was put into motion, wouldn't it need to be re-modeled so we could have more control of our star ships?

Sure the railing system works for single player pve, but what about multiplayer pve or pvp? that's another story!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those are the only controls you use these missions will be very tough for you. For normal missions you can get away without needing the up/down/left/right movements, for heroic you need to avoid more shots.

I must be missing something. If I move my mouse pointer, my ship moves too...

I must be missing something. If I move my mouse pointer, my ship moves too...

Correct, however you need to point the mouse at what you want to kill, and as many things now take quite a few shots to kill while you are shooting at it they will get their guns lined up on you. Unless you are using the wasd keys to keep moving while shooting you will take a lot of damage and I would be surprised if your ship can survive.

You might just make it through Hypori, which seems the easiest, but good luck on Baros, shooting at ten ships all shooting back at you with you chasing them is bad enough with moving around.

Truth be told, I really enjoy the space missions.

They were a bit challenging at first but after doing each one dozens of times, now I can run them while also watching something on another monitor. For the time spent they are about the fastest lvl appropriate way to make money and xp and while I do wish that there were more options for some space commendations (and I wish some stuff was cheaper since 2000 commendations is 20+ days of space missions for 1 item is retarded).

I'm looking forward to new space missions and potentially greater rewards.