Invasion participation only startable by guildleader character is a bit odd

xeikonburns

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So once again, conquest started while i was at work and as plus had an appointment in the evening - which left my guildmates with 8 hours without any bonus provided by invasion.

And with them already running the heroics on voss or crafting like insane before i could start the invasion, thats a simple loss of around 75'000 (!!!!!!!) Conquest Points provided by the bonus - only due to a totally weird decision made @BioWare ...

Please fix that mess !

Sigh!

Our guild needs this as well. The guild leader doesn't always have the ideal schedule or play time to invade as early as possible to maximize points. This is an unnecessary disadvantage. There needs to be some way to delegate being able to invade.

Our Guild is suffering from this as well. Our GM is not able to get on until late in the evening on Tuesdays. As such, we basically lose a whole day of progress. Even if our "points" are added after the invasion, and I don't know if they are or not, you lose out on the planetary bonuses for different objectives. This should be a NO BRAINER. Put in a setting that allows the GM to select at least one or two people that can also start an Invasion.

I'm sure there are some things that have to be exclusive to guild masters. After all, there is a reason for the rank. However, Invasion should not be one of them. As others have stated, scheduling conflicts, vacations, and the like make it completely impractical. I think it should be a separate permission the GM can give to officers, and not necessarily tied to the gold key. There are some people you might trust to decorate and move the ship around, but I'm not sure I'd want to give all of them invasion privileges.

/signed

This really needs to be fixed. As somebody else said, it's not fair to the guild master who feels like he has to log on at a time he might not normally want to in order to avoid inconveniencing his entire guild, and it's not fair to the rest of his guildies who have to depend on one person in order to get their bonus.

In fact, this notion that only the guild master can invade a planet was so baffling to our guild that it took us two weeks to figure out that that was the rule! Officers kept moving the ship, activating orbital strike, etc. and for the life of us we could not figure out how to "invade". We even submitted multiple bug tickets and received the incorrect answer quoted below by another poster saying that our inability to invade was a bug. It's not a bug, just a really stupid rule that should be changed!

I really do hope this issue gets resolved. Guild leader should be able to pass along whatever privileges to their officers however they seem fit.

our guild leader gave me permission to move our ship for the last conquest, I was able to move the ship, however starting conquest was never given to me as an option. and being that I thought I had permission to start the conquest I thought the whole thing was bug, so I attempted to move the ship to other nodes on the planet, and still nothing. so I moved it to other planets. Still nothing. this whole moving of the ship cost 90k credits or so. not that big of a deal, but still a loss none the less because the devs failed to acknowledge to players that only guild leaders can start conquest.

I even went to the point of submitting a ticket about the matter, and I got an interesting response.

"Greetings,

I am Protocol Droid M0-T0, Human-Cyborg Relations.

Thank you for contacting us about the issue you encountered. This particular case appears to have been caused by a bug within the game that will need to be corrected in a future game update and as such, cannot be corrected by Customer Service.

To allow us to identify and correct these issues, we would request that you submit a Bug Report on this issue. Bug Reports submitted though the In-Game Help Center go directly to our development QA team and not to Customer Service. To submit a bug, you can type /bug in your chat window or select Bug Report from the drop down when creating a new ticket in the In-Game Help Center."

so I would recommend that we all submit this issue as a bug report.

^ We received the same message twice. /facepalm

Edited by Starlite_Chobo

/signed

I'm a GM, and my work schedule does not coincide well with the patch/reset schedule (Reset, and new conquest becomes available many hours before I can make it home from work). Guild members are signing in and beginning to attack the conquest system (for reduced points) until I can get on and invade the planet.

While there may be guildmasters out there that want a much tighter control over the ship/guild, I implicitly trust the other guild officers. Thats why this should be a Rank option.

These (as well as other guildship options (i.e. Move Ship, Support, Summon Team) should be moved to Rank options, not tied to the credits a person can access from the bank. I look at these as "Guild Officer Responsibilities". While these things may cost guild funds, they are things that should not be counted against that persons Weekly number, since it is not "personall".

My GMs went on vacation this week. They handed the GM title over to me for a week. I moved the ship. No problems, except now I am drunk with all that power and my minions will have to deal with me until Monday muahaha!

That is an option, granted... however, not an ideal option. One should not have to "give up" GM in order for the guild to continue if they are not always available. Not to mention, that doesn't take unexpected situations into account.

That is an option, granted... however, not an ideal option. One should not have to "give up" GM in order for the guild to continue if they are not always available. Not to mention, that doesn't take unexpected situations into account.

Yeah, it's not ideal, I admit. I have a pretty unique relationship with my GMs and not everyone is in my situation. We also split the duties in half. The guild is run by a couple, so they delegated powers to myself and another ops lead. It works out well for everyone. Rule of two, I guess. =)

The single GM idea to rule them all, seems a bit out of place in the conquest world. When there was no real "guild based" activity (yes there were ops, but mainly that was a personal activity you did with other members... the "guild" didn't really do anything other than provide a chat room, and a bank.

The game, as far as guild (at least those choosing to participate in Conquest), has changed... and I think they need to relook at the "one to rule them all" mentality. By either allowing more than 1 guildmaster (rule of 2), or giving the guildmaster the ability to grant those they deem appropriate, the same authority as the GM.

And once again - it's tuesday, guildmates are waiting to begin the conquest and i'll be working till 9pm MESZ ...

So why can't i give any of my officers the right to start the conquest ?

As Tait is on a posting spree today, maybe he *poof* in here, leaving any answer ;)

Edited by xeikonburns

/signed

This is very frustrating! Our current GM logs in very late evening, so potentially I lose out on a days worth of bonus. She is also on holiday for two weeks. So if she keeps the GM role, I (and other members) lose out on Personal Conquest.

I would love to be able to see a feature where you are able to see the next conquest event and a voting system for the next planetary invasion so when reset comes along, bonus points are applied.

I have very limited play time and without the bonus the Personal Conquest reward is very far away!

/signed

This is very frustrating! Our current GM logs in very late evening, so potentially I lose out on a days worth of bonus. She is also on holiday for two weeks. So if she keeps the GM role, I (and other members) lose out on Personal Conquest.

I would love to be able to see a feature where you are able to see the next conquest event and a voting system for the next planetary invasion so when reset comes along, bonus points are applied.

I have very limited play time and without the bonus the Personal Conquest reward is very far away!

You can see the next events here. As for a voting system, thats something to work out with your GM. We did something similar on our website...

My issue still is that I can not give permissions for someone to start the invasion... without giving up the GM spot on a guild I founded, and funded (TS3, Website, contests, etc out of my own pocket).

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks,

After doing a check to see what else was pulled into 2.10.2, we found that the ability for Guild Masters to allow other Ranks within the Guild to start Invasions was also put in! GMs can set this permission within the Ranks tab in the Guild window.

I'll put that in as part of my Patch Note update as well.

-tait

(p.s. - sorry about hijacking your thread, Jerba!)

Thought this might be of interest