Oh the C.M. waiting game.

MikeCobalt

I recently decided to expand my characters from three to four, maybe five so wanting to have their appropriate outfits ready ahead of time I purchased them with my existing characters. That seems good so far and even found a few "Good Deals" but the Wait for the Timer to wind down on just legacy transfers is killing my *Anticipation on starting new characters; Grrr..

Since these are simply Legacy transfers and not intended for the GTN why is their a *Timer?

Unless you *know* that you will never ever ever ever ever want to have the same thing (or parts of it in a mix and match basis) on multiple characters, I advise you to pay the "unlock" fee to allow all your characters to claim unlimited copies of whatever outfit or weapon you want. It costs less per unlockable thing than the original item, and allows all future and past characters to claim the item from the Collections interface.

So equip the items on your character that bought them (for armour sets, equip the *whole* set), then Ctrl+C to open the Collections, find the item, then use the account-unlock button to unlock it account-wide.

And re-equip your normal gear afterwards, of course.

... the Wait for the Timer to wind down on just legacy transfers is killing my *Anticipation on starting new characters; Grrr..

You don't have to wait for the timer to start a new character. Also, why didn't you just buy the outfits on the new characters, rather than buying them on some other character and then transferring them? (Your CC are accessible by all characters and credits can be transferred through Legacy Storage or mail.)

Well with only having a few characters this is the first time I've tried to set up a character before they are created. I really had No Experience in this despite my amount of time at SWTOR. The idea of restricting items "Unworn" between Legacy characters is something I never would've seen coming.

The idea of restricting items "Unworn" between Legacy characters is something I never would've seen coming.

It's because of a couple of fussy technical limitations inside SWTOR:

* Items can't change bind type between bind-to-character and bind-to-legacy.(1)

* bind-to-legacy items aren't compatible with Collections, and CM items must, by definition, be compatible with Collections.

Consequence, the initial bind timer can only make the item bound-to-character(-on-timer).

(1) This isn't true in all games. In GW2, an item can pass from "unbound but binds to character on equip" to "bound to account and binds to character on equip" and then to "bound to character".