1-50 and I've done 1 (count em 1) Flashpoint

Because finding a group is a P.I.T.A.

This is why LFG in some form needs to happen.

Also had no choice but to skip the Heroic missions on Balmorra, Hoth, Belsavis and Voss despite spamming General all day LFG and using the LFG flag on the social window.

I know it has been talked about a lot, but it is not a dead horse. It will not be a dead horse until BioWare realizes and admits it is wrong on this issue and adds some sort of LFG functionality beyond the social window flag.

LFG does not discourage socializing any more than not having one promotes it. What is added to the social aspect of the game by not having LFG? This:

"LFG Hoth heroics"

"LFG Hoth heroics"

"LFG Hoth heroics"

"LFG Hoth heroics"

Not exactly social, is it? What about once a group is formed? Any socializing that happens once a group is formed is up to the participants. The tool used to form the group has no impact at that point except to say that an LFG tool would make it more likely that you find a group in the first place and therefore more likely to have that chance to socialize.

Leave out the instant teleportation if you must. That part isn't necessary. If you leave out the cross-realm grouping capability, though, then players will often have a very long wait as we do now and that will diminish the overall effectiveness of the system.

BioWare, you are wrong on this issue. The sooner you admit that, the better off the game and its players will be.

Wrong about what? They have never said they never plan to implement a more robust LFG system. they just did not prioritize it over other thing for launch.

As you say, its not "needed" in order to level to 50. And its will not be needed after that until there is endgame content, meaning the end game content is a higher priority. The purposefully made the leveling curve such as you can skip flashpoint, Spacemissions, bonus missions and the like and still get to 50. All they other stuff heldp you get their faster and easier. Thats all.

LFG tool will happen, just did not happen for launch. Among other things.

One character level 11, done 1 flashpoint. Second character level 28 has participated in 5 flashpoints. There is a looking for group tool but people just refuse to use it. Even without people using the tool I have had no problem finding a group or filling my own group. I feel for you.

What I've done If I can't find a group is just wait until someone else posts an lfg about the stuff I want to do, then join up (try to do this in an area with a recommended level equal to the flashpoint you want to do in case of flashpoints for maximum effect). I've done all flashpoints and heroics as far as I've progressed in the story.

Make friends in-game, they will be glad to help you out if you ask. And offer help to friends, even if they don't ask ;)

There is a LFG tool in the game. People just don't use it. I have lost count how many FP's I've done using it.

It's not what everyone is "used to", but it works. Keep your eyes on chat also to find any groups looking for a pickup. Or, join a guild that shares the same interests as you.

Find a guild??? Once my wife and I were comfortable with the server and classes we picked we started looking for, and found, one right away. Now our guild has two nights a week just for flashpoints so we can all get together, split into similar level groups and go kill us some nasty mobs. The best part is, since we are learning to play together as a cohesive group, by the time we're all 50 and ready for Ops, we will already be quite comfortable with how the group dynamics play out.

Wrong about what? They have never said they never plan to implement a more robust LFG system. they just did not prioritize it over other thing for launch.

As you say, its not "needed" in order to level to 50. And its will not be needed after that until there is endgame content, meaning the end game content is a higher priority. The purposefully made the leveling curve such as you can skip flashpoint, Spacemissions, bonus missions and the like and still get to 50. All they other stuff heldp you get their faster and easier. Thats all.

LFG tool will happen, just did not happen for launch. Among other things.

I believe the position I saw (it was second-hand via someone else's post here) was that BioWare considers LFG to be a social aspect that is diminished by an automated LFG system.

I did 2 flashpoints from 1 to 50. Not because it was hard to find a group, but because questing is a more efficient way to level and I get plenty of gear from that.

Just got to the fleet station and spam. You'll have a group in minutes.

i'v eonly done hammer station. just can't be othered sitting in fleet spamming lfg for hours until i get a group

I don't know what server you play on; but I have had no issues finding quick groups in fleet. There are nearly constant BT/Ess groups running during primetime, and Hammer Station and Athiss take little effort to jump into. As the average player level increases, so will the number of people looking for higher instances.

I am 33 and have done 0 FP , i want to do it but sitting there and spanning LFG is so 90's , i am sorry but a lfg tool is needed .

"So 90s"; you realize LFD was a 2009 (maybe 2008) release and only two games have it, right?

Having the same problem, but an LFG wont fix the problem. This is a single player game with a chat box. Get used to it.

I always have my LFG on, and am almost always spamming general for heroic groups, and all I am met with is "Heroic quests are skippable"

The simple fact of the matter is that heroic quests are worthless for the most part. It is far too easy to get pretty much epic quality gear by spamming the 1 key for a few hours at a time. Flashpoints also offer no real upgrades to the items you can get from commendation vendors.

Sorry to hear about your trouble, OP. I've experienced the opposite. I have a few characters, and I've never had any trouble finding groups with any of them. They've all done every flashpoint and heroic quest that was at level for them.

Maybe you just picked a bad server?

Edited by imtrick

Having the same problem, but an LFG wont fix the problem. This is a single player game with a chat box. Get used to it.

I always have my LFG on, and am almost always spamming general for heroic groups, and all I am met with is "Heroic quests are skippable"

The simple fact of the matter is that heroic quests are worthless for the most part. It is far too easy to get pretty much epic quality gear by spamming the 1 key for a few hours at a time. Flashpoints also offer no real upgrades to the items you can get from commendation vendors.

A couple responses:

1. Don't spam general for flashpoints. Go to the fleet station...get a group in minutes.

2. Your server must suck - I sometimes wish I could turn OFF heroic quest group spam in general.

3. Heroic quests are not worthless. Plenty of them offer orange gear rewards that are either aesthetic or stat upgrade. At the least - repeat them as often as possible and strip the mods to use on other gear. It's like free commendations that take 10-15 minutes to get.

I've done 3 different flashpoints and every Heroic so far. No problems getting into or starting a group. Are you guys playing off hours to your servers or something? Heck, most of the time I get in before they even know I'm a Healer.... though I do have that written in my LFG comment.

Those are not flashpoints they're heroic quests...

Have you looked to your servers population before coming crying to the forums? Is the ratio between factions balanced or all over the place? Are you on one of the older servers where the people flying through the quests are probably capped, or a newer one where people may still be arsing around at level 20~ on their alts?

vvvvvvTHIS IS MASSIVELY RELEVANTvvvvvv

People have this weird shyness thing in regards to forming a group. You will be honestly surprised how many people will respond to 'LFM x heroic quests!' over someone mindlessly spamming 'LFG x' 'LFG x' 'LFG x' every 5 seconds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ill agree, i was in hoth a couple levels ago with 90 people there i could not find a group for the heroic missions. After about 1 hour of spamming general i found a healer and we 2 manned all of them (i am a tank, took forever but was easy).

I am enjoying the single player in this game more than the multiplayer aspect. I am a 7 year wow veteran and am giving this game a real shot (lvl 42 powertech so far) but it is hard to keep my interest right now. I will log on and just sit in the fleet messing around with the GTN (as much as i can with its inferior interface options) trying to motivate myself to go out and level.

This is only going to get worse as i want to roll alt characters, only way id be able to get through it is turning off the cutscenes.

I dunno, i really really really wanted to like this game but after my first act on my powertech everything went downhill. (This was at lvl 33 mind you).

Ill agree, i was in hoth a couple levels ago with 90 people there i could not find a group for the heroic missions. After about 1 hour of spamming general i found a healer and we 2 manned all of them (i am a tank, took forever but was easy).

I am enjoying the single player in this game more than the multiplayer aspect. I am a 7 year wow veteran and am giving this game a real shot (lvl 42 powertech so far) but it is hard to keep my interest right now. I will log on and just sit in the fleet messing around with the GTN (as much as i can with its inferior interface options) trying to motivate myself to go out and level.

This is only going to get worse as i want to roll alt characters, only way id be able to get through it is turning off the cutscenes.

I dunno, i really really really wanted to like this game but after my first act on my powertech everything went downhill. (This was at lvl 33 mind you).

I enjoy the heck out of the game and I don't mean to imply otherwise. The flashpoint I got to do (Hammer Station) was quite fun and I even enjoy the heroic missions when I can get a group. I didn't race to the end (in truth my main character is 49 at the moment but will hit 50 tonight) but I also didn't spread my play time over all my various alts. I sort of wanted to get one through his story then take my time with the others.

Maybe I'm just ahead of the leveling curve. It was a lot easier to get heroic groups before I got to Balmorra. But even if I did pull ahead of the curve a bit, the problem is only going to get better temporarily. Ultimately there won't be a curve at all. Most characters will be max levle and those who are not will be distributed through the lower levels. I fear finding heroic groups at that point will be eve harder than it is for me now.

I did 2 from 1-50 and I'm in a guild with 40+ people.

I was REALLY turned off by them when I finished Talos V, ran around some did some quests, hit the limit on my quest log, deleted Jedi Rescue since it was just some grey quest...then tried to run Maelstorm and couldn't.

Poor design on that gating.

But yeah, now that I'm 50 I imagine I'll run some more...they're just not that compelling when trying to level up.

I believe the position I saw (it was second-hand via someone else's post here) was that BioWare considers LFG to be a social aspect that is diminished by an automated LFG system.

I'll be careful to consider their level of experience in this genre when telling them how wrong they are.

To the folks able to easily find groups, great. Telling us you have a different experience doesn't make us liars. Instead of responding to us as if we're wrong, as if we'd make this up, try doing something helpful instead. Telling us your server and faction would be nice. Perhaps we just picked a server that doesn't have a good pug community.

Edited by ticklefist

Levelled from 1-42 so far with barely any social points and two completed group flashpoints. It's way too much of an effort to sit in the fleet spamming LFG when I could be levelling.

I also havent done many heroics since Nar-Shadda (Empire), you say "LFG Heroic Quest" for about an hour and people rarely respond. Im dreading getting to 50 and HAVING to sit in fleet spamming to get gear. A LFG tool is needed, urgently.