Single Blade Option for Double Bladed Lightsabers

-Silver-

Every now and again my double bladed lightsaber bugs out and it appears to only have one blade activated. It looks AWESOME: http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc212/darkstorne/swtor2012-11-1617-25-57-95.jpg

Even back in KOTOR I used to wish that the various lightsaber forms had animation differences as well as stat differences. I would love to see this in SWTOR.

I wouldn't want this high on the list of priorities for game updates, but one day it would be awesome to see the offensive saber forms using both blades, and the defensive form switching to a single blade.

I'd love to be able to use a DBLS on my sage so you can have your SBLS if I can have that :)

Hehe. I meant that since we know from the films that double bladed lightsabers don't always have to have both blades activated, it would be cool to add that feature - and have it tie into the stances (Force Technique and Combat Technique).

A single bladed lightsaber can't magically grow a second blade :p

I'm not after switching between a double saber and a single saber, but simply switching off one half of the double. Purely for aesthetics. Hence I'm not suggesting this should be high priority, but that it would be cool to see it one day :)

I guess a nice side effect would be that it helps add further distinction between Shadow specs. Tank shadows will most frequently fight with a single blade active, while DPS will fight with both active.

Edited by -Silver-

• 2 years later...
Was always against weapon restrictions. Between offhand generators and modding, everything should be fair game, within class category.

We should totally suggest this for Bioware to consider.

Was always against weapon restrictions. Between offhand generators and modding, everything should be fair game, within class category.

I definitely agree with that. Would be cool if you could go Single-Blade, Jar'Kai or Saberstaff on whatever Jedi class you happen to be if you wish, and the same for the tech weapons of the tech classes.

But I imagine it being like it is makes it a little easier to balance. You're balancing the class, not the fact that the class performs ungodly well for some reason with X weapon style.

^This.

If Force users are to be kept away from pistols and non force user away from light sabers, fine, but allow us to change up the weapons!

I would love for my Trooper to wield a blaster! Dual wield possibly! Same with my Agent. They use one in their cut scene's, I'd like to actually use one all the time! :)

As old as the 'Omg have you seen the consular hats' topics.

Think if I remember, Bioware wanted each class to be easily identifiable via Weapon aesthetics. I don't think anyone would have actually raised an eyebrow if our weapon had no direction restriction over our classes. It is of course the only reason we are limited. They could remove the restrictions from our abilitys and WOW I can finally have a single lightsaber assassin...with reverse grip :p. Have you tried playing a single saber assassin you get like two abilitys :D.

Edited by nikaj