Unremitting vs Unstoppable

BobaStyx

I play a guardian and I know it must be frustrating for people to eat a full master strike with unremitting, but my real question, and pardon me if this has already been asked, is why does the Juggernaut have a very distinctive red glow/shield pop up when they are immune to cc's/interrupts but Guardians have no such distinct animation? It's kind of a pain to try and look at the enemy's small icons for the unremitting symbol while eating said MS, or blowing a CC/KB just to realize they are immune to begin with. Flame on community

The animation of guardians occurs when it procs with the leap. But to be frank I never saw (or rather noticed) the red bubble of Juggernauts (although my bro plays a Vengeance Jugg).

This is like the difference between the skill that increase Shield chance of Assassin and Shadows (Assassin's animation doesn't last while Shadow's one does)

Edited by Altheran

That's ridiculous though, the Juggs have a shield icon over them for the entire duration of the immunity, Guardians we have a split second animation that you have to see as we are leaping? Either they both have large markers for showing immunity or they both should have very slight markers, seems kinda biased to have it one way for one class and another for it's mirror.

While I don't seem to have an issue with this... I do get it. Being a sorc it does seem easier to recognize the jugs vs guardians.

On the same note... I think the pebbles from the sages should be as visible as a sorcs lightning. It's something that comes with experience and not an issue any more but it would make sense. It's far easier to track the lightning back to it's source than it is tiny pebbles.

That's ridiculous though, the Juggs have a shield icon over them for the entire duration of the immunity, Guardians we have a split second animation that you have to see as we are leaping? Either they both have large markers for showing immunity or they both should have very slight markers, seems kinda biased to have it one way for one class and another for it's mirror.

Yup. The visual for unremitting is much difficult to detect. Juggs glow red and they have a shield figure on their chest for the duration.

While I don't seem to have an issue with this... I do get it. Being a sorc it does seem easier to recognize the jugs vs guardians.

On the same note... I think the pebbles from the sages should be as visible as a sorcs lightning. It's something that comes with experience and not an issue any more but it would make sense. It's far easier to track the lightning back to it's source than it is tiny pebbles.

It has nothing to do with personal ability, it is an imbalance that should not exist.

Yeah that drives me bananas, I can track down a sorc no problem with FL but finding the sage well its hard to see where the pebbles are coming from.

It has nothing to do with personal ability, it is an imbalance that should not exist.

I never said it wasn't... I absolutely agree and was just pointing out another example of an animation with a similar problem. While it's minor... it definitely makes sense for them to even things out as far as the animations go.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Yeah that drives me bananas, I can track down a sorc no problem with FL but finding the sage well its hard to see where the pebbles are coming from.

Exactly... it gets easier with experience but man... what were they thinking? One is barely noticeable, dull, walls of tiny pebbles and the other is giant streams of florescent purple light...

Unfortunately as much as I would love to have the lightning be less noticeable so I didn't have a sign on me saying "HEY!!! Over here!!! I'm hitting you and I'm squishy!"... the lightning looks too damn cool to change and should make the pebbles more obvious. They're kinda boring anyways, I'm sure they could do something to spice it up.

Jugg Unstoppable: A distinctive shield pops up on their body

Guardian Unremitting: A circular glow around the body.

There is a distinct visual effect for Unremitting but it is much harder to detect in the heat of battle. Usually, I'm not targeting the guardian so checking buff icons isn't the solution.

Edited by Antipodes

I play a guardian and I know it must be frustrating for people to eat a full master strike with unremitting, but my real question, and pardon me if this has already been asked, is why does the Juggernaut have a very distinctive red glow/shield pop up when they are immune to cc's/interrupts but Guardians have no such distinct animation? It's kind of a pain to try and look at the enemy's small icons for the unremitting symbol while eating said MS, or blowing a CC/KB just to realize they are immune to begin with. Flame on community

devs spent so much time working on the imp side of stuff, they had to skimp on the pub side. hence the crappy fleet, crap esseles instead of bt, and stuff like this

I have both a sorc an sage and there are some differences but they more or less even out. Lighting is a little more visible to see where it's coming from, but it's not that hard still. It's a little more difficult to interrupt lighting because many of the sorc abilities look the same.

Exactly... it gets easier with experience but man... what were they thinking? One is barely noticeable, dull, walls of tiny pebbles and the other is giant streams of florescent purple light...

Unfortunately as much as I would love to have the lightning be less noticeable so I didn't have a sign on me saying "HEY!!! Over here!!! I'm hitting you and I'm squishy!"... the lightning looks too damn cool to change and should make the pebbles more obvious. They're kinda boring anyways, I'm sure they could do something to spice it up.

shhhh!!!! I like my dull subtle rocks. Let them be. People still find me quite easily.

devs spent so much time working on the imp side of stuff, they had to skimp on the pub side. hence the crappy fleet, crap esseles instead of bt, and stuff like this

I think George Lucas did the same thing in the movies.

The Jedi wear bath robes with hoods on them while the Darth Vader got cool robot clothes.

Jedi got Ewoks and Taun Tauns while the Empire got AT-ST's and AT-AT's.

Compare how cool General Grievous is in comparison to Jar Jar Binks.

Clearly the coolness factor has been in favor of the Empire for long before this game.

shhhh!!!! I like my dull subtle rocks. Let them be. People still find me quite easily.

LOL! Yeah, like I said a minor thing that fades with experience. But for people with less experience and awareness I'd say it probably poses more of a problem.

At the same time anyone who is really having this problem, probably has much more important things to focus on improving before worrying about animations. :D

I will admit though, in a large battle on a melee class... there are times where it will take me a second to track down the sage throwing rocks. Against a sorc I don't lose that second... there is no mistaking where it's coming from. And while it's hardly an issue these days we all know that even a second or two can make an impact.

Pretty much this I think. As a pub player I like it when the devs lazyness actually helps us out. I get super jealous anytime I'm on Imp Fleet though =(

Agreed. Flinging pebbles carries with it the inherent humiliation of well, flinging pebbles. If they are going to make it more visible, I demand they make it cooler as well! :) Like some kind of light force energy, it could look like Havoc's plasma blast from the X-Men.

Pretty much this I think. As a pub player I like it when the devs lazyness actually helps us out. I get super jealous anytime I'm on Imp Fleet though =(

I actually don't mind the Republic Fleet, whichever wing it is with the Fountains and ponds and stuff is kind of sweet. Lame that I can never mount my speeder doing Esseles though...

Agreed. Flinging pebbles carries with it the inherent humiliation of well, flinging pebbles. If they are going to make it more visible, I demand they make it cooler as well! :) Like some kind of light force energy, it could look like Havoc's plasma blast from the X-Men.

I concur... it def needs a coolness buff.

I was thinking along the same lines.

Cuz you know who throws rocks? Elementary school kids who can't fight. :p

I concur... it def needs a coolness buff.

I was thinking along the same lines.

Cuz you know who throws rocks? Elementary school kids who can't fight. :p

I wish TKT was like the project storm you see some enemies use where they just throw huge rock after huge rock. That would be pretty awesome, would be more noticeable, and wouldn't be flinging pebbles which I agree is really really lame.

I think we can all agree that sith outswag the republic with ease. I find all of the Republic gear and abilities hideous; it's the only reason I don't play that side.

As for Unremitting, it should be more visible. A giant blue shield!