Official Q&A Thread for May 25th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

Update: Hi everyone! Thanks to Community Representative Parali, we now have an archive of all the Q&A questions that have ever been asked. Please take a look here to see if your question(s) may have already been answered.

Thanks! - JG

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the May 25th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them on Fridays. We’ll have the next set of answers in two weeks on May 25th, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

For the next Q&A, we will be focusing on questions regarding Game Update 1.3, so please keep your questions limited to that topic.

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On May 22nd, 2012 at 2PM CDT (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for May 25th's blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

As development plans are always subject to change, questions about future features will often get vague answers which can be repetitive and sometimes annoying. With that in mind, the development team is more interested in questions about current in-game features or systems, or questions about why development decisions were made. You’re still welcome to ask questions about future features and we’ll continue to answer them where appropriate – just expect the occasional ‘soon.’

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed.

With that being said, please ask away!

Edited by JovethGonzalez

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, most (all?) of the [Daily] quests are written with a story background more appropriate to a one-time quest. I've killed Torvix at least a dozen times, collected enough Esh-ka weapons to outfit the entire Imperial army, and have corrected a certain Imperial Officer's errors so many times that I'm beginning to suspect he's a traitor, not merely incompetent. It's somewhat jarring for a MMO that prides itself on it's Story content to not have considered this for quests that are designed to be repeatable.

Are there any plans to make future [Daily] quests have a story that actually makes sense to be doing it every day (Or even just more than once)?

As an aside, is there a reason there won't be a Q&A for the 18th?

Edited by DarthDemens

Since the need for server transfers and the group finder has caused 1.3 to be a features patch, has the

Dread Masters

story Ops and FPs content been cut/postponed? (If it was real in the 1st place)

Edited by DarthZaul

Could you guys please implement a system to invite newly created characters into a guild according to an account if they wish to do so? For example, I made an inquisitor recently, but haven't been able to get into my guild because a lot of people aren't playing right now, and the people who do play, play at different times in the day. Now I have a guildless mid-level inquisitor. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but before the game came out and you guys were still developing it, weren't you planning to have this kind of system in? To auto invite new characters to a guild with a message saying accept, don't accept, or hide?

As Game Update 1.3 is going to be adding Augment table's, is there anything going to be changed with Augments being "1 use" only or additional Tiers of Augments? As it stands at the moment, once you have crafted/purchased your Augments, you do not need to purchase/craft them again and I feel this is detrimental to the economy.

The only question I can ask, other than the coming soon on Legacy will we see anything in legacy in 1.3 other than minor bonuses/delay reductions being used a credit sinks? Edited by Zilrota
Some discussion. Edited and PM'd

Will the Hood-Toggle feature be implemented in Patch 1.3 (or earlier)? I find my current Jedi guardian to be unplayable until I am able to lower his hood.

If this feature is not to be implemented soon, could you at least put in some hood-down robes in the game? For example, you could offer a hood-down version of the lvl 20 Legacy Robes.

The only way currently to do hard mode flashpoints and Operations is to stand around the Fleet, which is not actually playing the game. Whats the status on the 'Group Finder' that was reported for 1.3?

Server Transfers will that be on 1.3 or before that? In 1.3 can we expect improvement in Open World PvP? Besides llum, we want all planets to recieve a reward for pvping on that planet. This will encourage more Open World PvP and give us a really good reason to PvP anywhere in the galaxy. As a reward maybe valor or commendations for killing enemy players? Will there be new PvP missions in 1.3?

Are there going to patterns offered for non PvE players for Purple crystals or the patterns that can only be found in Ops groups raids?

And are we going to see more solid colors and not just black / random color?

Hello

Can you consider having two different WZ modes available, such as one basic (current form) and one more advanced for a more rewarding experience?

Once size does not fill all and casual players should not be subject to competitive PvP in WZs nor should experience players have to fight in diluted ones.

Your core PvP players can sustain your server population over time but we need to improve their experience and rewards.

The advance mode would allow for more rules to reduce leaching, deserting and make the fights more interesting for hard core players.

Thank you for your consideration.

The first set of Legacy unlocks in 1.2 cost a lot of credits, and the majority of them cannot be unlocked any other way besides spending credits. This is rough on players who like to play alts and do not earn a lot of credits. Will the unlocks in 1.3 be obtainable by any means other than spending credits, and can you give some idea as to what the costs will be?

This is pertaining to the podcast discussion of 1.3 that went up earlier this week.

In it, they stated that the looking for group feature was being implemented in 1.3. They described the basics of how it works (choose a role, choose the content you want to run) and elaborated to include that people can select whatever role they are capable and willing to perform. Currently, we don't have the option of dual spec'ing to actually be capable of doing this, unless we're going to be heading back to fleet to respec each time. Is there any plans to have dual spec implemented or some kind of easily accessible respec (free) option to use in the meantime? I'd love to heal and dps on my merc at a whim, but that's not realistic if I have to manually swap specs and pay for it every time I do a random.

Will we be seeing any option to make alts into companions.

Or use the companions of our alts as our own . As in use nadia grell on a inquisitor. this would allow people to have a force using companion with out having to always use a force user.