EC : 16M-NiM (world ranking)

PTS has been brought up a few times, and for clarity I think it should be noted that the fights went untested on the PTS for 16m. No guild did it. That's how a fight like pre-nerf Kephess made it into the game in the 1st place as I seriously doubt it was an intentional mechanic to essentially pause the game for CDs to come back up.

Some guilds played on PTS 8m... don't know aboud the 16. But it could help.

And, maybe the mechanic wasn't intentional... but it wasn't possible without.

We did it because, with perfect normal strat, we couldn't pass kill Kephess before god mod... we put him to 8%. We made this pause for CD to come back up, in order to win this 8%.

Maybe it wasn't an intentional mechanic, we're trying to talk with developpers to know it, actually... but we did many tries, perfect tries, some tries were so much betters than our first kill, without put Kephess Under this 8% life's points... but, what's wrong. We did it and did it well. No cheats, just brains.

We analysed our fights and the fact is that was clearly impossible, to gain 8% on Kephess without these CDs. We thought... again and again. "how can we gain 8% on Kephess"...

We changed the way that Kephess was tanked... in order to not have the raid to move and gave a constant dps.

We put a healer out of our raid to had one dps class. Only 3 healers!

We chosen when the huge dps was essential (trandoshans? Bomber? Walker? Kephess?)

Then, we found. Too much DPS kills the DPS. It was smarter to stop dps in order to do more dps in the right time.

I don't know what's wrong in it. We prefered to do a smart dps than a huge insane damage just to going to waste and say "I do so much DPS". Again, nothing's wrong, no cheats, just an anlayse of the fight, a comprehension of the mechanics of the game.

And, seriously, Kephess wasn't killable without that before his nerf I think. With only 3 healers and all of our tips, we put it at 8%. This pauses for the CDs to come back up were the keys... I don't know if this mechanic was intentionally placed by developpers... but that's a fact : This strategy works, and... it seems that it was the only one that worked!

We own kephess... we beat him as much with our brains as with our stuffs. And maybe that... that was the purpose of the developers

I honestly believe that Kephess was unbeatable without that strategy. I can't see how to gain 8% dps in an other way.

Edited by lmey

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the effort, it's definitely worth it! The 16 man community in this game is the friendliest i've seen and we would love to have more people join us :D

Yeah I did some hardcore recruiting for last few months but unfortunately it seems the quality of the players has gone way downhill and have been unable to find folks that are a good fit with the guild and who are skilled enough. Might get a couple back for the expac but we'll see. A lot of the raiders already burned out on this game though because they don't consider a new mode of an old operation as progression content. I can't exactly fault them for it because I myself get bored running the same operation since april even if it is in a different mode.

Yeah I did some hardcore recruiting for last few months but unfortunately it seems the quality of the players has gone way downhill and have been unable to find folks that are a good fit with the guild and who are skilled enough. Might get a couple back for the expac but we'll see. A lot of the raiders already burned out on this game though because they don't consider a new mode of an old operation as progression content. I can't exactly fault them for it because I myself get bored running the same operation since april even if it is in a different mode.

Until you've seen Empire on TOFN you have no idea what "downhill" encapsulates. Constant seeking of new recruits in the last few months has only resulted in all two players writing applications that make you wonder if they passed primary school at all. Even the Rep side seems to be more or less derp except for FF. I think that at this point it is safe for me to say that the average player of SWTOR is older than in WoW, but far more immature and "raid illiterate". I would say the damage has become irreversible. But you're right, of course, can't really blame those who have left - if we're still doing EC NiM in April, it will be one year since its launch, and that thought alone causes shivers in my spine as the nightmare of Icecrown Citadel for 12 months will come back to haunt me ... *shivers uncontrollably. I wish I had your optimism in the expansion bringing new raiders in or bringing back the former ones, but I've personally seen people leave right before the launch TFB HM and EC NiM, because in this twisted MMO that seems to be the pattern.

heh yeah krewel...I been in swtor for a while now did the beta survived the mass quitting on the original servers...I remember logging on Port Nowhere one day and being the only person on fleet...The game still has potential, but people are still waiting for bioware to unlock it! I can't handle doing the same operation for a year or more...I don't care if you consider a different mode of the op progression its still the same to me. I would rather have actual new content to progress through rather than a different mode of the same fights. Dying of boredom, but too stubborn to fade away.

Oh my, so much whining, so much "we tried so hard", just because you are not number one in ranking, to which all other 3 guilds pay very little or no attention. I feel for you

For me this discussion is closed and stupid like your answer.

personnaly i play principaly for the pleasure after the challenge.

• 2 weeks later...

Messores Republicae of Prophecy of the Five has downed kephess 16m as well tonight (just use the forum post time).

http://imgur.com/BuhtU0Y

Video will be uploaded soon!

Thank you all for your support, we know we're the rookie in 16 man content at the moment, but we're definitely up for competing with the big dogs now. Hope to see you all in the next operation! WOOO!

We should have some special "aura-like" effect or color patter that is only obtainable in 16 Man raids and another one that is only obtainable in 16 Man Nightmare raids along with a few more vanity items exclusive to it. Edited by Grimsblood

The incentive for us is to challenge ourselves to become better raiders and to surmount the difficulty it gives us. We would still be raiding NiM 16 even if it didn't give any gear at all. This doesn't make us better than anyone, and there shouldn't be any elitism between 16 and 8, but you should ask yourself why you're raiding. Is it for gear? Is that why people want to raid?

Regardless, we're all here to have fun and if fun for you is getting your gear and that's your end goal then that's fine, no one has the right to judge you, this is your form of entertainment, but Nightmare Mode is for the elite, the best players in the game, it should not be a vehicle for gearing.

Other incentives would be nice though, I just don't have any ideas of what would motivate people besides gear and challenge... Speeders/pets? Credits?

The incentive for us is to challenge ourselves to become better raiders and to surmount the difficulty it gives us. We would still be raiding NiM 16 even if it didn't give any gear at all. This doesn't make us better than anyone, and there shouldn't be any elitism between 16 and 8, but you should ask yourself why you're raiding. Is it for gear? Is that why people want to raid?

Regardless, we're all here to have fun and if fun for you is getting your gear and that's your end goal then that's fine, no one has the right to judge you, this is your form of entertainment, but Nightmare Mode is for the elite, the best players in the game, it should not be a vehicle for gearing.

Other incentives would be nice though, I just don't have any ideas of what would motivate people besides gear and challenge... Speeders/pets? Credits?

...which is exactly why Severity will continue to run 16-man NiM for the Warstalker 2 hour title until new content hits. A sense of accomplishment as a raider, not a bragging right in my opinion, because any of these guilds have capable enough players to down these fights now. Same reason why of the videos I have seen, some people are using strategies of other guilds :p

It is not a question of pulling new gear upgrades out of NiM.....I am pretty sure 75% of the top tier raiders were in full 63's within 2 weeks. I just think there should be some distinction for those that have cleared the hard content, something an average player could not achieve unless they completed it too.

The intent of Nightmare Mode was to give the player base and more skilled guilds a challenge that they could be proud of once they complete it. The separation between SM, HM and NiM exists. What is wrong with separating it a bit more? We all know there is a HUGE difference between 8 Man and 16 Man. Reward those of us that have completed the more difficult operations with something aesthetic in nature that would distinguish us considerably from others.

In the end it is a matter of who is the best. Otherwise, progression would not be tracked. Plane and simple.

and carnage gaming has kephess down finally ... was really only week of progression for us though (this was our first full week of attempts)

I have updated messores and carange on the tracking sheet

here is carnages kill shot

http://s3.mmoguildsites.com/s3/gallery_images/546152/original.png?1360037667

here is link to spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgCWcFAbOaZwdHNYaTU0NnN1RXJ6dnBWc2NyeW1fQ3c#gid=0