How to fix kolto missle IMO

Orondo

I agree that kolto missle is broken but for a different reason. The spell would be way more valuable if it functioned like other missle/dart effects for the Merc. The reason Mercs find it hard to use kolto missle is because the amount of time and steps it costs you to use the ability, versus the amount of healing you can do single target without it. If you could fire kolto missle at a target versus having to place the effect on the ground this would save time and also eliminate the concern for who it will hit, because you would have the ability to use it on the person most in need of the heal without having to take your eyes away from your healing bar. The missle would still use the aoe effect and hit two other players in range but would give you the ability to actually determine who you healed with the spell as well as save you some time when using the ability. While the three targets is a little weak a change to the mechanic would negate this becuase the ability is on a short enough coodown that it would make up for the lack of targets. You could actually spreadout the use throughout the party more frequently. You really have to ask yourself why it this the only missle effect for Mercs/BH that functions differently?

BIOWARE PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!!

I agree that kolto missle is broken but for a different reason. The spell would be way more valuable if it functioned like other missle/dart effects for the Merc. The reason Mercs find it hard to use kolto missle is because the amount of time and steps it costs you to use the ability...

Keybinding, use it! Really, how hard can it be?! Point a mouse to the area where you want to throw your kolto missile and hit the key! It's almost fraggin instant.

If anything should be changed, it's that darn stupid 3 person limit removed and, maybe, some healing buffed.

I have noticed there is a second or so from when you select the target area to when the missile is fired. So much for instant cast.

That actually works in your favor, it causes the game to “overcompensate” with who can be hit by it. I target and fire at the Tank for the 5% buff right when he is jumping into battle. As the missile hits that spot, the tank is 30 feet ahead in combat but the DPS now arrives in the same place the tank was. Both the DPS and the Tank have the green numbers above their heads yet they are 30’ apart.

It’s almost as if it calculates the hit twice, when it is cast and when the missile arrives.

Edited by Brakner

Kolto missile is fine minus the 3 person limit it hits. I posted a thread earlier about the fact that I feel it is healing harder than it was before the last patch, but it could just be my imagination. It would much more beneficial if it could hit 4 or 5 and not change its output to keep it balanced for pvp as well as pve.

Keybind it and go; very easy skill to use.

That actually works in your favor, it causes the game to “overcompensate” with who can be hit by it. I target and fire at the Tank for the 5% buff right when he is jumping into battle. As the missile hits that spot, the tank is 30 feet ahead in combat but the DPS now arrives in the same place the tank was. Both the DPS and the Tank have the green numbers above their heads yet they are 30’ apart.

It’s almost as if it calculates the hit twice, when it is cast and when the missile arrives.

Yes, I found that beneficial as well. I like te ability a lot, I just wish it hit up to 5 people.

Like the having to target a area of the gaming field in order to use it (bound to middle mouse button).

Having it just use another on target select removes some of the interaction with the environment / encounter that Kolto brings vs sitting there clicking away at unit frames.

Gets even more fun in 8 / 16 mans as you need to keep track of where people are in the field more to use it.

Oh player 6 is low, he is around player 9 who is also low etc. Boom fire away.

I love even more seeing people running around, soon to converging on a spot and firing it their direction.

I agree that kolto missle is broken but for a different reason. The spell would be way more valuable if it functioned like other missle/dart effects for the Merc. The reason Mercs find it hard to use kolto missle is because the amount of time and steps it costs you to use the ability, versus the amount of healing you can do single target without it. If you could fire kolto missle at a target versus having to place the effect on the ground this would save time and also eliminate the concern for who it will hit, because you would have the ability to use it on the person most in need of the heal without having to take your eyes away from your healing bar. The missle would still use the aoe effect and hit two other players in range but would give you the ability to actually determine who you healed with the spell as well as save you some time when using the ability. While the three targets is a little weak a change to the mechanic would negate this becuase the ability is on a short enough coodown that it would make up for the lack of targets. You could actually spreadout the use throughout the party more frequently. You really have to ask yourself why it this the only missle effect for Mercs/BH that functions differently?

BIOWARE PLEASE TAKE NOTE!!!!

I love how it works,,,pls dont listen to OP. Its a skill, maybe you should just try and improve at it rather than ask that it be made easier to use. Once you get used to it, its faster than any other skill with an activation time. If you are having trouble learning it, throw it down at your feet when u are around other people. Throwing it down at your feet takes zero time, its just an instant click. From there practice on aiming it quickly.

The delay between casting the spell and the kolto exploding can work in your favor. During supercharge, Charged screen doesn't go up until Kolto missile has healed people. This means you can fire kolto missile, and activate supercharge before it explodes.

You would do this to get more supercharge time! Activating supercharge before kolto is fired means the next heal (during supercharge) is a GCD away, and you lose ~1.5 seconds. Activating supercharge after kolto is fired, you may only lose ~.5 seconds (depending on how good you can get with the timing) and you still get charged screen and +10% healing.

I do like it the way it is. And if there are too many people for you to reliable get your tank with Kolto missile, you need to tell the Raid to split up a bit more- it isn't an ability design issue. Though, I'll admit, it is hard to target the ground near the tank when there is a big robot and 10 marauders attacking.

Didn't think about it that way, but when you mentioned it and I look at it again it does seem to play out that way. Useful.

I'm getting used to Kolto missile, but... sometimes, I place my target hex in the target area but my mouse curser passes over a friendly, or enemy and the missile cannot be placed, costing me a precious second before I can get my heal off.

Obviously - I need to focus on just placing it on the ground 'near them' and just let the splash heal who it heals, but being able to target a friendly specifically with it would definitely improve the speed in which I can deploy it.

could be worse, could be kolto cloud/recuperative nanotech

i think the ability could use some more instant to it's landing but othar than that it's perfect honestly due to the utility tied to it and the healing is respectable talented

Taken from QA

http://www.swtor.com/node/313694

Georg Zoeller: Our stance is that all full healer specs should be viable for all type of content, which is the case, even for 16 man Operations. Our own players have no issues clearing any of the content in the game, on all difficulty levels, with any healer spec. Data from the Live game shows Operations, at all sizes, being successfully run with Commando and Scoundrel healers. It is expected for certain Operations bosses to create challenges for different healer archetypes (e.g. due to mobility requirements), but overall, every healer archetype is capable of successfully healing through any Operations and Flashpoint content in the game (currently and in the future).

With regards to your question about Commando/Scoundrel Area of Effect healing not scaling to group size, please understand that no heal, on any class, scales with group size. The most powerful Area of Effect heals in the game (Salvation/Revivification) affects up to 8 players, but does not scale with group size. These abilities are very costly, have an activation time requirement and require the targets to stand in a localized area for ten seconds to receive the full benefit. We plan on improving the overall Area of Effect healing performance of the Mercenary/Commando in the next major Game Update (1.2) by increasing the number of targets affected by Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb.

As for Scoundrels having no tools for short burst healing, we don’t agree with that assessment. A scoundrel, for example, is capable of producing rather significant burst healing output by using Upper Hand gained from Underworld Medicine or Kolto Injection to trigger an instant Emergency Medpack or Surgical probe when needed. That said, we certainly think there’s room for improvements (and our upcoming Game Update 1.2 has a sizeable chunk of such improvements). For example, we are shifting the healing created by the Kolto Cloud ability to be front loaded in 1.2 to allow it to act as an emergency Area of Effect healing tool.

Finally, the perception of a specific class being not desirable can also be affected by the desirability of other classes. For example, Sage/Inquisitor healers are currently able to exceed our intended healing performance at times by affecting multiple heals with the same Conveyance/Force Bending buff. Game Update 1.2 will remove the ability to do so.