Ashara Zavros/Imperial dancer outfit. Are you serious?

E-Zekiel

I's not just the Inquisitors, on my BH when i preview the dancers outfit on Mako i get the same visual effect that you describe with Ashara

It happens when you preview for most companions. Not when you actually equip it. With inquisitors, it goes beyond just the preview.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, we're all perverts. Who among us can honestly say that they don't delete their browser history before letting someone else use their computer?

I say enough self-loathing! Embrace your true self! Or end up like one of those homophobic preachers who get caught with a call-boy.

Safe Mode.

I think overall the clothing sets need improvement.

You find it hilarious some people care about how they and their companions look?:confused:

What I find amazing is that Ashara (or Mako, or Kira or, for goodness sake, Kaliyo) would ever agree to wear an outfit like that in public in the first place. I would honestly expect Kaliyo to blow a hole in you larger than the death star before agreeing to wear that thing. And Ashara is supposed to be this shy, socially awkward girl - are we supposed to believe she'd run around wearing a thong and a bikini top?

The fact BW lets you put that on them really kind of defeats the purpose of even creating a persona for the companions in the first place. Companions should wear outfits that match their character style. Just put an armoring/mod/enhancement socket on the chest piece and have it apply to all their pieces so we just have to upgrade them once.

I could see having some kind of 'match companion outfit to mine' menu option. And I could see having quest rewards (or commendation rewards) to buy additional outfits for our companions, which would match the companions particular tastes and persona, and give us something cool and rewarding to do.

In the meantime, my vote is never to fix this bug, and yes, Ashara slipped me 50 credits to post this.

What I find amazing is that Ashara (or Mako, or Kira or, for goodness sake, Kaliyo) would ever agree to wear an outfit like that in public in the first place. I would honestly expect Kaliyo to blow a hole in you larger than the death star before agreeing to wear that thing. And Ashara is supposed to be this shy, socially awkward girl - are we supposed to believe she'd run around wearing a thong and a bikini top?

In the meantime, my vote is never to fix this bug, and yes, Ashara slipped me 50 credits to post this.

I chalk it up to my character's force of personality. I mean, I make her slaughter Jedi by the hundreds and then sleep with me, I could certainly persuade her to wear a skimpy outfit.

In an "RP" sense, I make her use red lightsaber crystals as a symbol of my domination of her. Making her wear the slave girl outfit would fit my RP perfectly.

The fact BW lets you put that on them really kind of defeats the purpose of even creating a persona for the companions in the first place. Companions should wear outfits that match their character style. Just put an armoring/mod/enhancement socket on the chest piece and have it apply to all their pieces so we just have to upgrade them once.

I could see having some kind of 'match companion outfit to mine' menu option. And I could see having quest rewards (or commendation rewards) to buy additional outfits for our companions, which would match the companions particular tastes and persona, and give us something cool and rewarding to do.

This logic stops working because sorry but there aren't 500,000 Ashara Zavroses. So "keeping in character" doesn't work so infallibly. Your Ashara is not my Ashara.

I see it like this. My inquisitor and her have a thing, and he slowly opened her eyes over time to express herself as she wants, and not to feel held back by her former Jedi-based reservations. So she doesn't.

For the record, the imperial outfit is not a thong and a bikini top. There are actual pants. And even if the bottom were not a thong, I would only have her wearing the top anyway. I never actually have a companion wear both (on the republic side) because I don't feel it makes sense either, I usually have them wear one or the other.

I agree there is only one Ashara Zavros - just like there's only one Lord Zash and one Darth Thanaton. My Ashara -is- your Ashara - we're both playing the same story. You can see this very clearly by considering how the story ends - clearly there aren't

500,000 members on the dark council.

My point is that our companions are a huge part of the story, and what they wear and how they present themselves is a huge part of their persona. Simply giving us the option to dress them however we want takes away from their personality and really doesn't add all that much to the gaming experience. They usually just end up in cast offs and don't even look all that great.

It doesn't have to be that way - imagine that, instead of gaining affection via gifts, you gained affection by doing 'companion quests' - these would be quests that reset daily that had you doing something for (or to) your companion. They would come in a couple of flavors, one that gained 'dark' affection and one that gained 'light' affection.

Get rid of armor and item slots on companions and instead make customization kits with character appropriate looks that you could buy, based on the companions affection level, light or dark. Dark outfits would be more evil looking, and light side outfits would be brown and make their butts look huge. You could also make some social sets for doing RP stuff. (This also solves the issue of clipping on non-human companions on a lot of armor items). Their could also be iconic, one off quests (like we have now on some companions) at key moments, say at rank changes.

Companion damage and healing would scale off your damage and healing.

So, for Ashara, the dark quest would be something that turned her more dark side, maybe forcing her to kill Jedi or something. Light side quests would be finding and helping light side Sith. Additional quests could open up as you gained affection. Things like battle cries and things they say when you click on them would also change, based on the companion light/dark level.

Romances would be based on affection rank, not light/dark. Being in a relationship would also unlock other customization kits, say wedding dresses, date outfits, etc.

Now, you have a system of daily quests that are actually kind of interesting to do, are based on your story, have a mechanism for tangible progress, make your companion feel like a part of your story and character and add depth and immersion to the game. You also add a bunch of stuff into the economy that people are going to want to get and also gives you some way of molding our companions ala KOTOR.

I don't think BW is going to go and do something like this, but it might give you a better idea of what I'm trying to say.

The true reason why ashara have a bodysuit is that the devs are lazy !!

Because this character can "wear" differents colored faces it's more simple to add an unique bodysuit skin than 1 bodyskin color by facial customisations..

Not matter of background, no matter of ethics, only laziness.

Bah, we're all perverts. Who among us can honestly say that they don't delete their browser history before letting someone else use their computer?

Hahahaha! You let... other people... use your computer... Hahahaha!

Oh, you're serious. :/

I'm pretty sure the bodysuit was implemented instead of actual skin purely as a time saver. Otherwise, I can't see how in the galaxy the devs would not want Ashara showing skin yet would let you put a slave girl outfit on Akaavi Spar. :p

I don't even have Ashara yet, but honestly I think this solution to her not having a body texture looks ridiculous. I mean, why the pattern, even? It looks too "busy" IMHO, it would look better if they made it solid black/grey and maybe gave it a slight sheen. Besides, the bodysuit kinda defeats the purpose of the super-sexy skin-baring outfit, y'know? :confused:

But look on the bright side! I hear that Aric and Vector (female Trooper & Agent romance options) have built-in clothes instead of normal underwear, so you're not alone and it could be worse.

I'm pretty sure the bodysuit was implemented instead of actual skin purely as a time saver. Otherwise, I can't see how in the galaxy the devs would not want Ashara showing skin yet would let you put a slave girl outfit on Akaavi Spar. :p

A lot of companions who are of a non-playable race have the body suit look. Qyzon Fess, for instance.

Also, Ashara has customization kits where you can change her skin color, so they actually have to create several sets of textures.

Plus they have to create them for every additional customization kit, which delays creating new ones, which kind of stinks because she basically has no kits right now, unless you have a security key and the ones on the security key vendor are kind of hideous.

Mandalorians are basically just humans, so the textures are already available. Twileks and Ratataki are playable races, which is the only reason Vette and Kaliyo can wear it.

I actually wish they'd chosen Togruta as the new playable race, which would solve the problem easily. Kind of weird there are only about 4 unique Togruta in the game - kind of weird fighting some Ashara-clones who are 'Jedi masters' in heroics on Nar Shaada.

It happens when you preview for most companions. Not when you actually equip it. With inquisitors, it goes beyond just the preview.

This, its an art bug not an actual skin. That looks more like a default texture artistst use as a guide to actually paint other textures. Seen it in a few other bodies for the preview window.

And yes, Bioware is being a bunch of incompetent lazy idiots ...... surprise surprise.

If you un equip all of her gear, she wears a bodysuit, unlike the other female companions that wear basically boxers and sports bra. I don't think they they can match the clown pattern skin tone they used on her face.

Oh and by the way, the first PIC- that's the outfit I want to see her in... geez, I really need a life.

Well, this is my nail in the coffin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting so upset about this that I'm ragequitting. The fact is, I've been severely disappointed with this game ever since I hit 50, and have been holding out hope that the more grave errors will be corrected.

I think this decision reveals something about Bioware's attitude towards problems in their games. It tells me that the many issues which prevent us from fully enjoying what should have been a fantastic MMO will likely never be resolved.

Maybe I'll check back in a year or so and see if Bioware and EA have matured any.

I agree there is only one Ashara Zavros - just like there's only one Lord Zash and one Darth Thanaton. My Ashara -is- your Ashara - we're both playing the same story. You can see this very clearly by considering how the story ends - clearly there aren't

My point is that our companions are a huge part of the story, and what they wear and how they present themselves is a huge part of their persona. Simply giving us the option to dress them however we want takes away from their personality and really doesn't add all that much to the gaming experience. They usually just end up in cast offs and don't even look all that great.

It doesn't have to be that way - imagine that, instead of gaining affection via gifts, you gained affection by doing 'companion quests' - these would be quests that reset daily that had you doing something for (or to) your companion. They would come in a couple of flavors, one that gained 'dark' affection and one that gained 'light' affection.

Get rid of armor and item slots on companions and instead make customization kits with character appropriate looks that you could buy, based on the companions affection level, light or dark. Dark outfits would be more evil looking, and light side outfits would be brown and make their butts look huge. You could also make some social sets for doing RP stuff. (This also solves the issue of clipping on non-human companions on a lot of armor items). Their could also be iconic, one off quests (like we have now on some companions) at key moments, say at rank changes.

So, for Ashara, the dark quest would be something that turned her more dark side, maybe forcing her to kill Jedi or something. Light side quests would be finding and helping light side Sith. Additional quests could open up as you gained affection. Things like battle cries and things they say when you click on them would also change, based on the companion light/dark level.

Romances would be based on affection rank, not light/dark. Being in a relationship would also unlock other customization kits, say wedding dresses, date outfits, etc.

Now, you have a system of daily quests that are actually kind of interesting to do, are based on your story, have a mechanism for tangible progress, make your companion feel like a part of your story and character and add depth and immersion to the game. You also add a bunch of stuff into the economy that people are going to want to get and also gives you some way of molding our companions ala KOTOR.

I don't think BW is going to go and do something like this, but it might give you a better idea of what I'm trying to say.

I love this idea. Please please post this on the suggestion forum. I would love to do daily quests for my companions (maybe there would be one to shove Skadge out an airlock?) just simply to be able to interact with them other than through their conversations, because once you hit that last one... they don't talk to you any more. :(

If you want your companions to wear outfits that match their personality, whats stopping you? You can do that right now the way it is set up. The only thing forcing certain outfits on people would do is take away the ability people have to dress their companion as they see fit. Some people have different opinions on what their companions should wear, that's why they dress their own companions and not each others.

Ashara Zavros is a good girl. Don't make her go against her teachings!

She is seriously the LAST girl in this game that would wear the slave girl outfit.

And Lord Scourge would most certainly not walk around in his underwear, but you can still make him do that.

• 1 month later...

I finally found a bloody thread that addresses the issue of the sudden and unexplained "body socks". :mad:

Now, I understand their reasoning for adding the star wars-brand underarmor jammies to the slave outfits, but what really annoys me is that we don't have a choice in the matter. What if we actually wanted them dressed like that? The game should be tailored to our preference.

If nothing else, a compromise: insert a toggle option for "skimpy" outfits or not. Or possibly make a master "maturity" setting to the game that affects the profanity filters, slave outfits, and even language, possibly.

Because I don't know about anyone else, but I don't appreciate having the skintight suits slapped on. It makes me feel like they're treating everyone equally like children. Uh....*cough* Leia in Return of the Jedi *cough*. And Leia was actually REAL, not a bunch of polygons. Were people accused of being perverts for enjoying the opening scenes of return of the Jedi? No. Why? Because it's a glorified bikini, not lingerie! The slave outfits and dancer outfits are, in my opinion, equal or even more modest than Leia's outfit. (granted a lot of TOR female models are a bit curvier than Leia was, too. :rolleyes:

I love this idea. Please please post this on the suggestion forum. I would love to do daily quests for my companions (maybe there would be one to shove Skadge out an airlock?)

Ooooh....I think I found a kindred spirit. I've had wishful fantasies of shooting him out the airlock ever since I learned he was a companion. I was quite annoyed, because frankly, I would have happily shot him and walked away. He's a pest.....

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really good idea

• 2 months later...
If you want your companions to wear outfits that match their personality, whats stopping you? You can do that right now the way it is set up. The only thing forcing certain outfits on people would do is take away the ability people have to dress their companion as they see fit. Some people have different opinions on what their companions should wear, that's why they dress their own companions and not each others.

Everything about this post is correct.