Ranked Season 1 PvP Rewards

Gamesux

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Items that stand out (Rancor mount!) and can ONLY be earned in this manner are great. It can't just be bought off the GTN or Cartel Market so it is basically an achievement you can wear which is a plus.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next cartell pack shipment had rancor mounts too.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next cartell pack shipment had rancor mounts too.

Certainly not the same color as the PVP reward one, but Rancors in Cartel packs will happen if they release any Rancor as a mount. PVPers will just be the first ones to get one.

Edited by madcappah

This man speaks the truth. Not trying to be a debby downer, but its only expected of Bioware (or should I say EAware?). Whether it be through the Cartel Market or just getting it through gameplay (like the original TaunTaun mount) there is going to be more Rancor mounts.

Enjoy the *exclusive* mount while you can. :o

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Good rewards, they just need to announce them a bit earlier for season 2! And I don't think solo should get as much credit as team lol

Indeed, the rancor would certainly have been attractive enough to motivate people more than has been the case in the past months.

Edited by gblXsw

This man speaks the truth. Not trying to be a debby downer, but its only expected of Bioware (or should I say EAware?). Whether it be through the Cartel Market or just getting it through gameplay (like the original TaunTaun mount) there is going to be more Rancor mounts.

What Nim mounts are on the CM?

Good rewards, they just need to announce them a bit earlier for season 2! And I don't think solo should get as much credit as team lol

I think this will help spur interest in ranked as they gave everyone a taste on what to expect reward wise for upcoming seasons.

I'm sure it will be different and they'll keep the PvP one exclusive.

Honestly these rewards are ok but the brackets are awful. What about the top 5 in each category, are they recognized at all? There is zero achievement in only having to reach 1500. There should have been titles that went by ranking against other players in same class bracket if nothing else.

What Nim mounts are on the CM?

Thats not the point (the NiM mounts didn't have much demand to begin with anyway). Demands for animal mounts were high to begin with, and I'm betting Bioware knows how much people would love a Rancor mount (plus people like more options) = therefore it'd be the perfect thing to put in as a Super Rare item in a Cartel Pack.

Although, I could be wrong, but you never know. :)

Edited by Essence_of_Light

Honestly these rewards are ok but the brackets are awful. What about the top 5 in each category, are they recognized at all? There is zero achievement in only having to reach 1500. There should have been titles that went by ranking against other players in same class bracket if nothing else.

On some servers the ranked pop rate is very low and exceeding 1500 rating is a achievement.

Course by your sig I bet you wanted something exclusive to you and yourself.

Edited by Zoom_VI

True it'll be different, but most likely, not by much. They'll probably change the color and add on (or remove) a few small things to make it look good.

My guess would be just plain ol' run of the mill rancors in maybe a few colors. One with armor plates and all would still clearly stand out from the pack.

The funny thing is, no matter how much they try to say "win traders will be caught", it will be RAMPANT. it will be like speeding 10 mph over is on highways, illegal but since everyone does it there is no enforcement unless you flaunt it right in their face. Every single PvE and casual is going to want that Rancor mount, and since it's highest earned once you get 1500 you can turn around and help your buddy. BW will not ban the ENTIRE active community, which is just about the scope this Rancor mount grind (which it has now become) will reach.

And no I am not saying this is a good thing or advocating doing it, I earned my rank the hard way. I hope they do mass rating resets to punish the masses like they said they would, but I know they won't. I can bet 110% though, this is what it will become. 1500 is just way too low, that is what, 20 games from base rating? It's just way too easy to get to and people will see that. If it was higher you would see win traders smashing into each other late at night or whenever they try to game it and it would be a good thing. This is a very foolish move and there is practically no foresight at all on where it will go.

I can see the arguments though. Some servers ranked is dead. A rank earned on one server means nothing on another server, different conditions, etc. I hope they can get cross server working because right now this thing is a just a sham.

Edited by HuntsmanBaener