View Single Post

g_mK
07.16.2019 , 09:38 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Yeah I saw what non-sorc did, but didn't mention it because this thread was about something else. Players have been doing this for as long as dummy parses have been compared and ranked. In the old days before parsely existed, members of the community did the leaderboards here on the forums and checked each and every parse players submitted and disallowed them if stuff like non-sorc's was in them. But that really was a ****load of work. Back then none of the 1.2 GCD parses would have made it on any leaderboard, too, of course.

With a tool like Parsely you basically have to rely on participants playing fair game. You can't do much about cheaters. Of course if someone made the effort to extract a legit leaderboard from parsely lists and posted them here, we'd have a clean leaderboard. As much as I would like to do that, I just can't spend the necessary amount of time these days. And I'm not the only one at that for sure...
That's basically how its been for a long time now. This days I just look at the math and how much should I be parsing. In the end what trully matters though is whether your are doing good numbers in NiM progression.
The ingenious gentleman Dón-Quijote de la Mancha