people not playing heroic on Ilum?

From my experience, it's never an issue to find a group in BH or section x. But on Ilum, it always takes time to find somebody willing to do the heroic even though it's the only 2+ quest of the 3 mentioned. Anybody has a theory why?

(Imperial Side)

1) It's not part of a Weekly

2) It's not part of a Weekly

3) Even when 2+, it can be brutal. Especially because the elite spawn is random, and if you get 2 Jedi Shadows and your teammate has no CC/gear/heals/skill the wipe is imminent.

Pugs aggro like crazy and wipe the team in seconds.

Sometimes it's better to solo then to do a bad pug... last week, a sage using project+saber attack only! wanted to 'joint forces' on h2+ with me. When I refused, he was hittin my mobs, breaking mezzes.. other person actually called me a noob for doing heroics solo, not wanting to joing with him...

swap instances FTW

Edited by Atramar

Because it's really easy to solo once you get decent gear?

And because it's faster to ignore it than find someone else to do it with.

once you learn the mission very easy to solo, don't even need great gear. just before the expansion when you reached lvl 50 and got your free gear you should be able to do it, gear yourself in the pvp gear, use the tionese coms for your companion and your good to go. cc the gold guy if you can or let your comp aggro them, make sure you kill the healer first then the other strong, nuke the gold, repeat 3 times get your reward

Because there are not a lot of people doing the Ilum dailies, to begin with. And even though I like to do them for some quick cash I rarely do the heroic. Why should I? I would have to look for someone to partner up with, to wait for them to show up and since I only do dailies while in the GF I don't group up anyways.

I do it, but I just like killing stuff.

Normally I solo it, but at least on the republic side, Frog_Brains is correct, gear is not a factor with either my knight, shadow or my trooper. Watchman just burns without CC’s, while using interrupts and defensive cooldown including Unity. Trooper and Shadow CC the Gold and burns the others, extremely easy. Sawbones now can do it easy, even aggro another mob, but she had to get gear before being able to solo it.

If you are not able to solo it, then just do the other missions while asking for a group. I have been known to do it more than once in a day because someone was nicely asking for help in general chat, but not getting any replies. I know others do the exact same thing. We may not volunteer right away, but if I see someone ask 3 or 4 times (not all together, I whisper asking if they found someone, if not I go).

On the imperial side I have an Operator (healer too). I’ve soloed it, but it is way more dangerous and fun. There though I do look for help first before starting the quest.

I do it, but I just like killing stuff.

Normally I solo it, but at least on the republic side, Frog_Brains is correct, gear is not a factor with either my knight, shadow or my trooper. Watchman just burns without CC’s, while using interrupts and defensive cooldown including Unity. Trooper and Shadow CC the Gold and burns the others, extremely easy. Sawbones now can do it easy, even aggro another mob, but she had to get gear before being able to solo it.

If you are not able to solo it, then just do the other missions while asking for a group. I have been known to do it more than once in a day because someone was nicely asking for help in general chat, but not getting any replies. I know others do the exact same thing. We may not volunteer right away, but if I see someone ask 3 or 4 times (not all together, I whisper asking if they found someone, if not I go).

On the imperial side I have an Operator (healer too). I’ve soloed it, but it is way more dangerous and fun. There though I do look for help first before starting the quest.

on the impside there's a nice little corner in the back of the mission area where you can do it fairly easy without worrying about pulling mobs. (near where the boss for the bonus is), on the flipside the imperial bonus mission is much easier to complete than the reb one.

Time vs. reward.

The reward is simply not worth the time investment.

+1

The reward isn't very good as Tionese gear is at least as good as the enchancements from it (IIRC), and it is not part of a weekly quest chain like the heroics in the Black hole and section x are.

The other missions on Ilum are also trivially easy. For 3 of the dailies, you spend more time running/traveling than actually "doing" the missions.

As others have said:

- time vs. reward: there are too many other daily quests that simply give better rewards for the time invested.

- it's not a part of a weekly. Section X and Black Hole always have people looking for groups to complete the weekly, but there is no such incentive on Ilum.