Petition to keep the Rancor exclusive to PVP.

Arkillon

I'm really disappointed to ALREADY hear that the Rancor will be put in PVE and even CM. What do pvpers have so far that is really neat and especially exclusive to pvp? Basically nothing. The so-called rated gear we had is now avaiable on GTN, the crystals are all craftable... Woopdidoo, we get about 2-3 pets. Can we not have, for the first time, an exclusive and interesting mount that will be available only to the pvpers that worked for it? Pve-ers still have until april to work and get their ranked rating up. Why cater to the lowest denominator???

The amount of people already complaining about how it'll be available to everyone should make BW re-think their announcement.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're going to be drowned out by the non PVPers that want a rancor mount.

They're going to listen to the larger population when it comes down to it, and if you're not already aware which that is - you'll find out soon enough when those rancors arrive.

this is dumb, you cant make an iconic creature mount be exclusive to a minority of the player base zenod...jesus...you're crazy...

/sign

edit: we have 3 exclusive mounts....that big red thing, that regular red thing, and that black ubrikkian one...which used to require 2200, now it's kind of lame.

Edited by Frequencyz

You're going to be drowned out by the non PVPers that want a rancor mount.

They're going to listen to the larger population when it comes down to it, and if you're not already aware which that is - you'll find out soon enough when those rancors arrive.

I'm a good swimmer, and I hope most pvpers will sign this.

Edited by Arkillon

BW is un-fking-believable.

If you want to give the Rancor to PvErs and CM, then I also want the following mounts reskinned and provided to PvPers:

• Avalanche Heavy Tank
  • Titan 6 Containment Vehicle
  • Helix Hyperpod

EXACTLY. Give me a Titan-6 mount (granted most pvpers don't even know what it is), I find it unfair I have to put effort into PVE to obtain rewards.

edit: we have 3 exclusive mounts....that big red thing, that regular red thing, and that black ubrikkian one...which used to require 2200, now it's kind of lame.

Non of those are exclusive. They are just re-skins.

See my post above for REAL EXCLUSIVE mounts.

I find it mildly entertaining that the "awesome" PvP'ers came to the general forum to tell everyone else to stop crying... then when they found out they weren't going to be treated as the most special of snowflakes in the whole entire game, Skippy, they started crying in the general forum immediately.

What's the word I'm looking for here...? Ironic? Pathetic? :D

Edited by DarthTHC

I find it mildly entertaining that the "awesome" PvP'ers came to the general forum to tell everyone else to stop crying then when they found out they weren't going to be treated as the most special of snowflakes in the whole entire game, Skippy, they started whining in the general forum immediately.

Nope. We just want to be fairly treated. PvErs get 100% exclusive mounts. No PvPer has cried about that.

See my post above.

Your whining on the other hand, is pathetic.

Edited by ParagonAX

I find it mildly entertaining that the "awesome" PvP'ers came to the general forum to tell everyone else to stop crying... then when they found out they weren't going to be treated as the most special of snowflakes in the whole entire game, Skippy, they started crying in the general forum immediately.

More like we'd enjoy having exclusive content as well. How long did it take for novare coast and hypergate to come out? How about we put the titan-6 mount on CM? What about the helio pod too? I'm sure all the "awesome pve-ers" would start whining. Keep your opinion to yourself if it's unrelated to the threat.

btw didn't say it in first post but /signed

If you read that as whining, you have a deficiency in your ability to read for comprehension. It's clearly laughing.

Yes, at you.

Thanks for continuing to insult me while ignoring my logical arguments.

I would have expected nothing less form the likes of you.

Thanks for continuing to insult me while ignoring my logical arguments.

I would have expected nothing less form the likes of you.

What logical argument do you have? That you want to be treated like a special snowflake? That's not logical / rational because a) snowflake syndrome is lame and b) it's already unique - Musco said the armored rancor is a PvP exclusive skin. Try again.

Having a "special" reward and 2 days after not having the "special" reward ........look for me some words for that son

Having a "special" reward and 2 days after not having the "special" reward ........look for me some words for that son

Define "special" in a way that everyone agrees. Good luck.

Now what I would expect of a good PvP player, the sort that is good enough to be in the top 5% and get that mount, is that it is a symbol that they are good enough to get that mount. I would think that a PvP player that good - good enough that they're in the top 5% of the 15-20% maybe of the players in the game who even dare to compete in ranked PvP - wouldn't cry alligator tears that they're getting something to symbolize that excellence. I think they're going to shut up and let their skill do the talking in the ranked warzones.

And, thinking that, I therefore have to think that all these alligator tears are coming from players who have no hope of achieving the exclusive mount anyway.

Edited by DarthTHC

It's a similar system to wow, gladiators and high end pve got the armored /better colors and everyone else got the plain version.

Yours will still look better and no one will mistake it for the regular one, and we'll get a couple months of exclusivity. (Hopefully)

Realistically there's no way they weren't going to monetize this, but I do agree gimme titan mount, bars been lowered so square up BW.

It's a similar system to wow, gladiators and high end pve got the armored /better colors and everyone else got the plain version.

Yours will still look better and no one will mistake it for the regular one, and we'll get a couple months of exclusivity. (Hopefully)

Realistically there's no way they weren't going to monetize this, but I do agree gimme titan mount, bars been lowered so square up BW.

someone got the point of this

Now what I would expect of a good PvP player, the sort that is good enough to be in the top 5% and get that mount, is that it is a symbol that they are good enough to get that mount. I would think that a PvP player that good - good enough that they're in the top 5% of the 15-20% maybe of the players in the game who even dare to compete in ranked PvP - wouldn't cry alligator tears that they're getting something to symbolize that excellence. I think they're going to shut up and let their skill do the talking in the ranked warzones.

And, thinking that, I therefore have to think that all these alligator tears are coming from players who have no hope of achieving the exclusive mount anyway.

1658 rating, I get the mount and I'm whining, still. Why would pve-ers get rewards in Nim and HM instead of having them handed out to them in SM? Why give NiM content titles, awesome pricy mounts and gear.. I think they're going to shut up and let their skill do the talking in their ops. Oh wait. "guys omg pls put the rancor on CM and NiM DP so we can have it"

Realistically speaking twas to be expected. They don't have the resources to do throw away code which animating a whole new beast mount for one time giveaway to 1k-ish players would be.

Plus it's rancor, they can monetize it to high heaven.

On the flip side with exclusive pve mounts, if they were any good they'd stick em on the CM. As it stands they're pretty much fugly. If ever an ops drops an armored bantha war chariot I'm pretty sure it's gonna hit the CM a few months after that lol.

So yea, sucks they're not going for exclusivity. But that's life from hand to mouth for ya.

Edited by aeterno

The thing is this is the very first thing that would have been made "exclusive" to the PvPers in this game, something to call their own. Now it's going to just keep getting re-skinned and distributed throughout the game. Keep in mind this is also the very first time players were actually given an incentive to do ranked outside of having their name on a leader board.

With the way bioware announced that there would be re-skinned versions of this mount they should go ahead and make all the NiM or other PvE mounts which require PvE to be available to PvPers.