A question regarding a specific NPC

Not a flashpoint, or an operation or, indeed, a heroic mission...... Just a common or garden solo quest (or so I thought....)

I am doing a little quest called "Extracting the Scientist" on the planet Quesh. I have done the first stage successfully - and am now at the point where I must "Defeat Captain Jesh and his droids". I go in - all cool downs off, so I'm ready to go - the character is 36 elite, 3 levels under me, so it could be a hard(ish) fight, but I ought to be able to do it.

First attempt - *splat* "blimey" thinks I "he's hard". wait for the cool downs to go and have another try - 10 seconds it lasted - even using my damage reducing stuff.

I send out a "help" on general, and get the reply "don't bother - 4 of us went in against him, 2 DPS, a healer and a tank - the whole party was wiped in 15 seconds.

Am I missing something here? Something I need to do? or is this NPC acually a world boss in disguise?

hmmm I was lvl 39 I think when I tackled him and I did it solo as a healing JC and a tank pet. Granted I usually sip my diet pepsi and plan to spam heal for 10 mins but I do not recall him being overly difficult... I am way over his lvl now (around 47) but I could go back to test his damage ....

OK, having gained a couple of levels (and having just finished a flashpoint) we went back there - and the fight lasted about 5 seconds (the Jedi Sentinel and the Trooper just obliterated him before he had a chance to do ANYTHING), So, it CAN be done!

Just wait a level or two and bring a couple of mates!

Edited by Colow_Leper

Glad I'm not the only one having problems with this ****, I'm a lvl36 Vanguard speccing as a tank and using Elara Dorne to heal, I last about 15 seconds against this guy, something is waaay off here.

And if you have to level up and bring friends to take this guy down then maybe someone should correct the mission log information, until they do I'll just assume that someone ****ed up...

Bioware fix this ********.

Edited by Nizzemancer

Level 39 Gunslinger here, no way I can kill him. He is level 36!!!

I just took down a level 37 elite in my class quest and ended up with Corso and myself with half health.

I repeat, Captain Jesh is a level 36 elite mob. He is green to me. I cannot kill him. He has a single target insta-cast damage skill that takes down half of Corso's health in one shot, and he spams that thing.

This seriously needs to be looked at.

EDIT: Level 40 now, still can't beat him. Dumping questline and submitting a ticket.

Edited by Cedia

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn it - just come up against this guy with my second character!

ARRRRRGH!

Edit

OK - I did it first time with a level 36 character. So either he's been nerfed, or I've learned!

He seems to have had his massive 50% damage attack removed - so they do listen! (they may not *say* anything - but they *do* listen!)

Edited by Colow_Leper

He doesn't seem different to me. Just tried again at level 40 (dps Guardian), with Kira. Got him down to a quarter of his health before dying a couple of times, but that was as good as it got.

He does an AOE - My trooper was holding aggro and I moved out of the blast area before it went off each time.

If your healer companion gets hit with this, they won't move - and it's likely to be the end for them (and for you, shortly afterwards!).

I've been wandering back to Quesh every now and again since my Jedi Guardian was Lv 37, I'm Lv42 now and try as I might I still can't quite put the fekker down (although I came pretty close with Doc in tow very recently).

Jesh is a bit like an old friend now and I'll be almost sorry to defeat him when I finally get the Sith Emperor and his wife (Mrs Nuclear Missile Hands) as companions.

Edited by Nogand

• 2 weeks later...
I'll admit, this mission got me more times than I can count. In the end I got lucky, I stopped trying to dps and spammed packs and triages on Corso. Corso dropped dead when the boss was about 17% but I managed to finish him off that time round.

• 2 months later...
can this mission be completed solo at or anywhere near lev 37? i tried to do it at lev36 as a healer and using corso rigs as a tank/dps i was not able to heal him fast enogh never mind being able to sustant the engery reqired to keep on healing from what i can tell this captain josh dose massive AOE damage for more than a healer of my level can absorbe im forced to try to use corso as both a tank and dps and its still not enogh

• 2 weeks later...
two days now i have neen on this quest i am a lvl 39 one time i got him down to one percent and died but never got that far again and why does his droids respawn nothing elese respawns but them doc is no help he cast that aoe burn to fast i have tried interrupting him but he spams that thing and it is killing me

• 5 months later...
as far as i know as a smuggler/healer the only interupt i have are flash and dirty kick what ever this mob is useing dosent have a cool down and as someone pointed out he spans this AOE attack. interups only by time in this case too little too late; i alway die before any of my interup cool downs are up. i can't get Corso out of the blast zone fast enogh to avoid hits. all it takes is 2 hits and corso's out (fallowed by me). Edited by delnorr

as far as i know as a smuggler/healer the only interupt i have are flash and dirty kick what ever this mob is useing dosent have a cool down and as someone pointed out he spans this AOE attack. interups only by time in this case too little too late; i alway die before any of my interup cool downs are up. i can't get Corso out of the blast zone fast enogh to avoid hits. all it takes is 2 hits and corso's out (fallowed by me).

Better take a second look at your abilities, smuggler "official" interrupt is called "distraction". Thats a third you can use (12s cooldown). Its melee range though.

EDIT:

I have just taken on this mob on my lvl 36 scoundrel healer (same level as captain Jesh himself), did it on first go although he downed Akaavi Spar. I did notice that he seemed to be doing more damage than 'normal' elites and that his flamethrower seemed uninterruptible. I did it on first try so I didnt have time to check whether I just fessed it up somehow or whether the flamethrower really is uninterruptible.

note: I have relatively good gear for my level with custom gear and mostly blue mods (I have three 50s incl. cybertech and artificer so I can keep my alts wellgeared and looking good). Spar only had her starting gear though. My character also has all the class buffs.

My first advice if you have trouble with this would be to check if you gear is too lowlevel or bad, or if your build is trying to be too "hybrid". Soloing this mob is definitely doable.

Edited by Karkais

• 2 weeks later...

if you are level 42 sentinal and you use doc and you hold one of the robots, you can get him down to about 800 hp if u stay on top of cancelling his flame attack thats the best i have been able to do with out a group which i never am able to find. maybe if u are a character that can use heavy armor its easier .

but your armor wont protect against the fire bomb. the spam he slings is hard because it requires u to be able to direct your companion to assult the other droid which is no good if you are playing with Doc no other powers really work and using your epic force seems to accelerate the amount of damage he is able to do while lowering docs heal your best chance is to use kira because she will draw damage and that will get u with in just a second of being able to beat him .

i have the same issues at 42 with the Sith boss you find back at the camp with two other siths i almost beat him all the time though i generally get lucky enough to have a weird latency burp every time i am close to managing an impossible task that allows the npc to win.

i am kind of not the fan of forced socializing outside of the flash points. i really think that most normal play should be able to be done outside of group quests .

some of us play video games when we dont feel like going out and finding people to do things with lol

if i wanted to be forced to find friends and work together i would take a second job for a hobby lol but overall its ridiculous that 6 level higher is not enough to beat some parts of the game on your own like i said i think all the people who have had success are using characters that can use heavy armor

does seem there should be a better answer than just get lucky but maybe if u spend enough game time doing it is how it works out. at least they got rid of the original bug when i first started playing way back if there were multiple people in a phase but not grouped the HP stats would change between battles so sometimes u would beat a character then they would attack you either invisible or just with a brand new set of hp lol yeah some guess thought it would be fun to screw us on this guy ....

fyi in general when people are asking for tactic tips and tricks many of you would not believe this but i have seen it posted on multiple boards " i had no problem must be you " is kind of a dicked up useless response maybe if at least you review your strategy for people asking they might gleam something that might benefit them its the same general issue i have with the forced group play.

could you imagine if u are lifing something heavy and some one ask for help and you say oh i can lift that weight easy work out harder " what you would think ...come one guys things like this are just rude why waste the time to post it

I've been wandering back to Quesh every now and again since my Jedi Guardian was Lv 37, I'm Lv42 now and try as I might I still can't quite put the fekker down (although I came pretty close with Doc in tow very recently).

Jesh is a bit like an old friend now and I'll be almost sorry to defeat him when I finally get the Sith Emperor and his wife (Mrs Nuclear Missile Hands) as companions.

yeah i feel you this guy is really hard for some players and some breeze through i am not sure how that works i dont get it either

hey guys found this on a different board going to try it in a little bit :

If you are a Jedi Sentinel, then use Doc for killing guy. I am 50% orange geared and so is my Kira companion, and it's just nearly impossible it seems to kill Jesh. Just take Doc and disable his damage abilities so he focussed solely on healing you. Worked 1 out 1 times. Be sure to heal up before you interact with the quest npc, because you will have to fight again straight after! The Medical Centre is far ... I learned it the hard way , so stay alive :D