Undying rage POINTLESS!!!!!

JDCHobson

Honestly i dont see any real benefit to undying rage. its crap. the only time you would ever use it is when at least 20% - 30%. lose half your health for a pitiful 4 secs. Waste of money.

Somebody prove me wrong, coz i dont see the point.

:rolleyes:

5chars

Oh yah its useless to have a move that makes you invulnerable nearly to ALL damage for 3 seconds.

What a waste of a bar slot. Thats obviously never going to save my life if at 10% health I pop it + a medpack.

In pve I also absolutely do NOT give the time to a healer to do a 2,5 sec cast for a big heal on me, thus avoiding death. Because we all know its 1, 2, 3, 2.5, 4...

Maybe if u have a decent enough healer to realise your using it. and med packs yeah good point but if am ever getting to that point where i think am going to use it. gotta be quick because if am around that margin anyway am being seriously targeted.

....... thinking about it no one has ever healed me while using it. am guessing it doesn't reduce heal to 1%

p.s camouflage is good as it takes the aggro of u.

It is one of the most far from pointless skills in this game, it saves you in those oh, sh** moments and its incredible for pvp paired with ur force camo. It is universally useful in pvp as well as pvp. If you happen to have a messy run in pve for any reason or another, because someone is asleep at the wheel, it can be useful for enrages and for example eating a Tantrum smash in TFB. When you are overgeared you are far less likely to need it but there are times when you can save a raid wipe with it. It can be invaluable for progression.

If your healers are skilled enough and you call it out in vent/ts/mumble just as you use it then you can survive easily in most cases and are one of the few classes that can do so short of a 100% invulnerability, It is all about timing and coordination. As of 2.0 if you spec into it for the Focus tree for sents and mauraders the HP penalty is also reduced making it even more useful.

Also if it was pointless it wouldn't be the biggest source of QQ for us aside from smash.

It is one of the most far from pointless skills in this game, it saves you in those oh, sh** moments and its incredible for pvp paired with ur force camo. It is universally useful in pvp as well as pvp. If you happen to have a messy run in pve for any reason or another, because someone is asleep at the wheel, it can be useful for enrages and for example eating a Tantrum smash in TFB. When you are overgeared you are far less likely to need it but there are times when you can save a raid wipe with it. It can be invaluable for progression.

If your healers are skilled enough and you call it out in vent/ts/mumble just as you use it then you can survive easily in most cases and are one of the few classes that can do so short of a 100% invulnerability, It is all about timing and coordination. As of 2.0 if you spec into it for the Focus tree for sents and mauraders the HP penalty is also reduced making it even more useful.

Also if it was pointless it wouldn't be the biggest source of QQ for us aside from smash.

Thats what i needed to hear. Cheers.

Undying Rage has saved my arse a few times. Like someone said...its for the OH S#!t moments. Raiding have had a tank go down and agro on boss changed to me. I pop all my cool downs and end up using undying rage when I know the next hit will kill me to buy a healer enough time to raise the dead tank and get him healed up a bit before I camo out so he can gain agro back. Has saved more than a few raid wipes doing that. Also raiding some of the <10% phases when dmg goes crazy and we are down to 1 or 2% health undying rage + medpak has been enough to keep me alive to help finish fight when most others were already dead (Kephess TFB SM/HMfor example). As far as PvP it can be used two ways. One as a get out of trouble....nearly dead pop undying rage and either finish off enemy or camo and run away. Undying Rage triggers Undying Whining when you pop it and finish off the person your attacking just when they think they have you dead to rights :p Others will actually pop undying + medpak at the start of a fight when most people are using their big hitters to waste the big dmg attacks and then burst dps to take them out before their cool downs refresh.

Its situational sure....but far from pointless.

Edited by Datku

For those who compare force camo to it, they forget one aspect of UR over it :

If you resume doing direct damage with force camo, thing goes off. UR allows you to keep the dps going.

Hence why in PvE UR still have uses in burn phases or high aoe phases.

Force camo is mostly an escape in PvP, and aggro drop in PvE. It can be used for a 1-2 sec defense if needed, not much more.

A good marauder needs to have a guard at fight start, but 45 sec in or so (two camo in) the guard should go to another dps. Pyro PT and vengeance jug are good candidate, one lacking an aggro drop, and the other needing to bust ressources and therefore DPS for it. There is no reason a mara should pull 2-3 min into a fight unless they want to show other dps their superior e-peen by being the one pulling, and therefore not using Force camo.