BW can you PLEASE fix your buggy OPS!!!!

Dear Dear Dear People at BW,

Please fix your darn EC HM ops! its So DAMN buggy! i don't mind wiping if we did something wrong, but the problem is your instance is so buggy that we die because of your in experience in making a working ops!

Why is it that after we kill the 3rd bombardier in the last boss in EC HM that a 4th on comes up and screws up the run for a on a few times? sometimes he is there sometimes he is not?

Get your act together BW, please make the OPS as bug free as possible please, what the hell are you guys doing?

we were stuck in the ops for 2 hours because of the bug!!!

Get your act together BW, please make the OPS as bug free as possible please, what the hell are you guys doing?

When you get your own team together and make any type of game and release content and have it not be in any way buggy or broken, then you can ask what they're doing.

I have done all the Operations in both HM and SM but haven't encountered a single bug since one of the smaller patches after 1.2, everyone has a different experience of course, but there's nothing gamebreaking from what I have seen

Well, we were in there for 3 hours in total to try and get him, and the bug keeps happening, on and off. Good for your if you don't have the bug, but we did, and it was a real problem, for the DPS to get the Walker down cause now we had to split into smaller teams to get the walker.

People are saying that negative topic will make the game fail, but the problem that most people don't understand it that the game is leaking subs like hell, thats the thing they have to fix, this is a real problem, don't tell your self everything is ok. Something needs to be done. and fast.

As I wrote in the other thread regarding this same bug:

1. Have the tank that isn't fighting Kephess be ready to tank it if it appears.

2. Have someone such as a sorc CC it asap.

If its CCd then that's best because it'll blow up by itself after the timer runs out and won't hurt anyone. The same sort of applies with the tank, grab aggro on it, knock it away or run away from it. Stun if you have one and just let it blow up.

Myself, if noone CCs it properly, I grapple him away from everyone else if he's close to them. Then Carbonize him,continue attacking the walker, and then stun the.bomber with electro dart.Once that's worn.off he usually explodes shortly after dealing not much damage overall. And my damage missing from the walker isn't very signifant, especially since I use a few ranged attacks in between stunning the bomber.

But that's just my specific situation, just to give you an idea of how to deal with it. Like I said, sorc CC is best.

Don't get me wrong, its a very annoying bug that should not happen. But simply prepare yourself for it and try and expect it, so that instead of it wiping your raid, it just becomes a small hurdle to overcome.

As I wrote in the other thread regarding this same bug:

1. Have the tank that isn't fighting Kephess be ready to tank it if it appears.

2. Have someone such as a sorc CC it asap.

If its CCd then that's best because it'll blow up by itself after the timer runs out and won't hurt anyone. The same sort of applies with the tank, grab aggro on it, knock it away or run away from it. Stun if you have one and just let it blow up.

Myself, if noone CCs it properly, I grapple him away from everyone else if he's close to them. Then Carbonize him,continue attacking the walker, and then stun the.bomber with electro dart.Once that's worn.off he usually explodes shortly after dealing not much damage overall. And my damage missing from the walker isn't very signifant, especially since I use a few ranged attacks in between stunning the bomber.

But that's just my specific situation, just to give you an idea of how to deal with it. Like I said, sorc CC is best.

Don't get me wrong, its a very annoying bug that should not happen. But simply prepare yourself for it and try and expect it, so that instead of it wiping your raid, it just becomes a small hurdle to overcome.

This. This. This.

A 4th bomber spawning shortly after the 3rd should not wipe your group. I would even go as far to say that the CC isn't necessary. Whichever tank is not on Kephess should pick it up. Tank DPS is not needed on the Walker (honestly the DPS requirement on the 3rd burn phase is quite nominal).

Does it suck? Yeah. But it should not be wiping you.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

I am trying to get the exact details about the issue you experienced to pass them onto the team. If I am understanding this correctly:

1. You kill the 3rd bomber.
  2. Kill the walker, which leaves Kephess.
  3. While fighting Kephess, a 4th bomber (which is unneeded) erroneously spawns.

If this is the case, let me know. Also, one of the things that is always helpful in bug reports is if there is anything you can think of that is directly causing this to happen, feel free to add it. This will give us a great starting point to get to the bottom of what's going on.

I believe the culprit to this bug is that theses bombardiers towards the end of a fight have a set time limit to spawn once the previous one has. What's happening is that the 3rd one spawns and is killed very close to it's self destruct. The person with the mark, for what ever reason, takes a while getting to the droid and placing themselves correctly to destroy the droid.

Here's where I believe the issues arises, because the bombardiers spawn quicker at this point in the fight, the next one is queued up to spawn before the player actually blow up the walker. As the walker is being destroyed, the next bombardier comes out and unnecessarily causes chaos.

This is what my guild has concluded and we have used some tricks (pulls and jumps) to get the person with the mark to the droid as fast as possible. As long as the process of killing the bomber and blowing up the walker is done in a quick manor, we have not seen this issue happen again.

Edited by Codek

I believe the culprit to this bug is that theses bombardiers towards the end of a fight have a set time limit to spawn once the previous one has. What's happening is that the 3rd one spawns and is killed very close to it's self destruct. The person with the mark, for what ever reason, takes a while getting to the droid and placing themselves correctly to destroy the droid.

Here's where I believe the issues arises, because the bombardiers spawn quicker at this point in the fight, the next one is queued up to spawn before the player actually blow up the walker. As the walker is being destroyed, the next bombardier comes out and unnecessarily causes chaos.

This is what my guild has concluded and we have used some tricks (pulls and jumps) to get the person with the mark to the droid as fast as possible. As long as the process of killing the bomber and blowing up the walker is done in a quick manor, we have not seen this issue happen again.

This workaround means you are forced to use certain class to get a fix on the problem so some class would be excluded from this Fight as it would mean they are of no use. This needs to be addressed and fixed BioWare!

Hey everyone!

I am trying to get the exact details about the issue you experienced to pass them onto the team. If I am understanding this correctly:

If this is the case, let me know. Also, one of the things that is always helpful in bug reports is if there is anything you can think of that is directly causing this to happen, feel free to add it. This will give us a great starting point to get to the bottom of what's going on.

Glad to know you are still with BW Eric.

When you get your own team together and make any type of game and release content and have it not be in any way buggy or broken, then you can ask what they're doing.

What kind of utterly misguided fanboy logic is this? Are you prohibited from complaining about a faulty TV you have bought because you have never built a TV before? Of course not! It's the same here. We all pay money for a (so called) premium game service so we are entitled to complain if we think the game isn't working as intended. Your kind of thinking helps no one.

Hey everyone!

Hey there,

Finally a real respond, thanks. Yes, the problem is while the walker comes down, the 4th bomber spawns. it really screws up the group.

And the thing is, we tired it a few times, its not every time that it happens. So i'm sure it is a bug.

Thanks for replying tho,

Hey everyone!

Hey there,

Finally a real respond, thanks. Yes, the problem is while the walker comes down, the 4th bomber spawns. it really screws up the group.

And the thing is, we tired it a few times, its not every time that it happens. So i'm sure it is a bug.

Thanks for replying tho,

Yesterday we had a 4th bomber spawn, but it did so when the walker was in its vulnerable state almost right away after the 3rd bomber. I was able to tank it just fine until it blew up so it wasn't a problem, but that was still definitely a bug.

What we are still experiencing as a bug is Kephess 1-shotting tanks after breath. I and our other tank would continually die instantly after the breath was cast to his Savage Arcing Slash. It wouldn't seem to matter when we taunted Kephess off each other, it was just instant death after the breath. We tried during the beginning of the cast, right before the cast finished, right after, and every time there was nothing we could do. The 4th bomber, while an annoying bug it's still able to be handled, but Kephess bugging out and 1-shotting tanks is a wipe every time.

I'd just like to add that we've been killing Kephess for months, had no problem taking him down, and never experienced this until the last couple weeks. It needs to be looked at because there's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent or work around when this is happening

Edited by BulldogzLife

We had a similar situation.

We got the third bomber, killed it in good time, but the player with the bomb was slow to get to the walker and didn't position herself correctly (quite new to the fight). Eventually she positioned and grappled up, and whilst doing this a fourth bomber spawned. There appears to be some issues with the timer, i.e. Bomber 3 dies > timer to spawn 4 begins > Bomb 3 explodes on walker > Timer to spawn 4 stops. Somewhere in this sequence it appears to jitter, because we've not seen this before.

Yesterday we had a 4th bomber spawn, but it did so when the walker was in its vulnerable state almost right away after the 3rd bomber. I was able to tank it just fine until it blew up so it wasn't a problem, but that was still definitely a bug.

What we are still experiencing as a bug is Kephess 1-shotting tanks after breath. I and our other tank would continually die instantly after the breath was cast to his Savage Arcing Slash. It wouldn't seem to matter when we taunted Kephess off each other, it was just instant death after the breath. We tried during the beginning of the cast, right before the cast finished, right after, and every time there was nothing we could do. The 4th bomber, while an annoying bug it's still able to be handled, but Kephess bugging out and 1-shotting tanks is a wipe every time.

I'd just like to add that we've been killing Kephess for months, had no problem taking him down, and never experienced this until the last couple weeks. It needs to be looked at because there's absolutely nothing you can do to prevent or work around when this is happening

Make sure your current tank deals ZERO damage to Kephess from the time they get knocked back until they are ready to taunt him back again. Start up bubbles/heals on next tank early as they will get hit hard - they should be communicating when they are taunting so heals can fire up on them.

This kind of information is exactly what I was looking for, there is really good feedback in this thread. I will pass this on to the team. Thanks everyone!

Whilst passing this on, would you be able to pass on the situation with lag.. Countless times lag has caused wipes especially in Denova HM (e.g. interrupting Overload on Minesweeper boss). Every time anyone I know raises a ticket due to this we receive the generic - Check your connection, if wireless change to cable etc... message from support.

It is not our connection. Everyone in the zone lags at the same time. It is linked to whenever groups zone in (which in turn causes more wipes and zone back in...)

See this post for example: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=499273

Edited by Solar_Breeze
Adding info