Helpless

Celcionna

Just wanted to share this one story with you guys. You know how there are places (especially on higher lvl planets) where people from the Republic (if you are Empire) or vice versa go to complete quests and stuff. Well this one time, I was walking out of an Empire base camp and saw this Jedi hacking away at some of the Empire guys. This really frustrated me to no end (especially 'cause he was lvl 40 and I was 45) just to watch helplessly as he killed my "soldiers". I had actually wondered before if this would ever happen to me...unfortunately neither him nor I were in pvp mode so I didn't have the opportunity to creamate him. Your thoughts?

I've run in to it. I do find myself getting attached to my faction so to speak. I play on a PVE server and during the Rak Event this really came to the forefront. Me and some guildies would be running through the dailies and run into Imps. Now, I'm not one to start anything really. I don't PvP much as a matter of preference. But sure enough 1 or 2 of my guildies would be flagged and bam! they would get jumped. Now fair is fair, the guildies were flagged so no faulting the Imps there, but my reaction was scary. lol. I would jump right in there and we would go at it until they wanted no more. If I died, I was doubly determined to get back in there and get my revenge. It was fun. :D I found myself very protective of my guildies which I guess is natural. But the next night... I was looking for the purps. I flagged myself and was just waiting for the slightest flinch.

Now... when I see what you have described happening with NPCs, my immediate reaction is to see if they are flagged for pvp. If so... I jump right in there an defend my crew.

It's a game....?

And you should have tried to take part in Invasions in SWG, now that was a ***** when after taking so long ot build up defenses PvE mode players trashed it all as you just stood there....only when taking out the General could they be flagged pvp...but at that rate if the attacks had enough troops, they could just sit back and watch or use the bridge glitch / hack to not get targetted on Naboo....

Just wanted to share this one story with you guys. You know how there are places (especially on higher lvl planets) where people from the Republic (if you are Empire) or vice versa go to complete quests and stuff. Well this one time, I was walking out of an Empire base camp and saw this Jedi hacking away at some of the Empire guys. This really frustrated me to no end (especially 'cause he was lvl 40 and I was 45) just to watch helplessly as he killed my "soldiers". I had actually wondered before if this would ever happen to me...unfortunately neither him nor I were in pvp mode so I didn't have the opportunity to creamate him. Your thoughts?

Scary stuff!

If a Game can (and does) elicit such strong emotions.

- By all stars!! It is a game! The NPC's are not people.

- The NPC's are not even paper-clip figures. They are

computer-code generated pixels on a screen.

- The NPC'S can NOT die! Neither can your own Toon.

- Something that can not die can not be slaughtered,

therefore, how come that people can associate themselves emotionally

with something that has not concrete existence??

I guess the real cause of your frustration has been revealed in the statements you made...

especially 'cause he was lvl 40 and I was 45

and

I didn't have the opportunity to creamate him

End Quote

Sorry, but I have to conclude that you deserve to be frustrated.

I agree with some of the other posters. Create a Character on a PvP Server

Happy frustration to you

He was fulfilling a Republic quest. There are Empire quests that I've seen Empire players completing where they're killing Republic soldiers.

If you want to intervene, yeah, that's what PVP servers are for.