The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in Phoenix, AZ!

CourtneyWoods

Is the budget so tight you can't fly to the North East? :(

Not at all. We are currently planning to have Cantina Tours around NYCC and PAX East. :jawa_biggrin:

This year we are going to continue trying to have a Cantina Tour once a month. We are extending these tours to cities that do not have major conventions as well.

Why did you post the event in CDT? This is January, the entire country is on STANDARD TIME. I realize y'all are in Austin and on Central Time, but it isn't the time of year for Daylight Savings. And Phoenix is in Mountain Time. When does it actually start?

Why did you post the event in CDT? This is January, the entire country is on STANDARD TIME. I realize y'all are in Austin and on Central Time, but it isn't the time of year for Daylight Savings. And Phoenix is in Mountain Time. When does it actually start?

You couldve got your answer in half as many keystrokes from Google as you used to type your rage message.

CDT = -5

Arizona = -7

So if it starts at 8:00 CDT you subtract 2 and get 6:00 P.M.

Hope that wasnt too much math for ya :p

You couldve got your answer in half as many keystrokes from Google as you used to type your rage message.

CDT = -5

Arizona = -7

So if it starts at 8:00 CDT you subtract 2 and get 6:00 P.M.

Hope that wasnt too much math for ya :p

Hey jack... I know the difference between CT and MT... what I want to know is why it says DAYLIGHT time and not STANDARD time. Doing the math doesn't answer that question. If they meant to say CST then it's only a one hour difference. So unless you're the person who posted the time, MYOB.

Edited by Gidrea

Not trying to start a flame war here bud, just having some fun and I did answer your questions so not sure where all the hate is coming from. The timezones and the difference from GMT never change, what changes is what timezone a locale is using.

CDT is ALWAYS -5 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/cdt.html

CST is ALWAYS -6 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/cst.html

Edited by RedHatGuy

Not trying to start a flame war here bud, just having some fun and I did answer your questions so not sure where all the hate is coming from. The timezones and the difference from GMT never change, what changes is what timezone a locale is using.

CDT is ALWAYS -5 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/cdt.html

CST is ALWAYS -6 http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/na/cst.html

I get that... truly, I learned my time zones back in elementary school. However, people from BW have posted times in daylight when they meant standard, and vice versa. I am trying to clarify if it's at 8 CST so I'll know if it's at 7 MST. If, for some whacky reason, they really meant CDT, then it's 6 MST.

Perhaps Bioware is in a country of its own and is still on DST in the winter. They do say TX is a "whole 'nother country" but I don't believe that applies to time. :rolleyes:

So while your information on the offset from GMT is accruate, it doesn't answer they question of why BW posted it CDT... being January, it's reasonable to question them on whether or not it is accurate. You can't answer that, so stop trying.

I never learned abouts no time changes because in Arizona we never change the time. What do you do at a Cantina tour for 3 hours? Drink and talk about swtor or are there mysterious going onings that I should know about? Free tauntauns don't count.

PS. I will not be buying Mr. Musco a drink because he blew up my friends space ship in front of thousands of people.

Not at all. We are currently planning to have Cantina Tours around NYCC and PAX East. :jawa_biggrin:

This year we are going to continue trying to have a Cantina Tour once a month. We are extending these tours to cities that do not have major conventions as well.

So, if that budget is doing so well, when's the next APAC event? ;)

A quick guess is that you have a lot of players in Europe as well both in the UK, Germany and Scandinavia. When will we have some sort of love from the developers? Dreamhack in Sweden would be an awesome meeting point but I guess your budget wont get you to either London, Berlin or Stockholm.

Is there any chance at all, that you could have a Cantina in Auckland, New Zealand. We may be the Tatooine of Earth. You know the place farthest from the bright center and all that. But we would like to see you guys here at an Armageddon Con. some time.

Courtney, Please clarify the start time. On facebook it simply says 8pm. On the website here it says 8pm CDT. AZ is, of course, always in MST. I'm assuming the event starts at 8pm MST, but I know I don't want to be 2 hours late.

Also, thanks for putting Phoenix on the map. And you've chosen an excellent time of year to visit. Should be a high of around 75, sunny and clear. Fun times for everyone!

Courtney, Please clarify the start time. On facebook it simply says 8pm. On the website here it says 8pm CDT. AZ is, of course, always in MST. I'm assuming the event starts at 8pm MST, but I know I don't want to be 2 hours late.

Also, thanks for putting Phoenix on the map. And you've chosen an excellent time of year to visit. Should be a high of around 75, sunny and clear. Fun times for everyone!

This. Clarify start time please.

Awesome! I'll be their, can't wait to finally meet Musco in person.

Please for the love of god record this, or come back and fill everyone in here on what is being worked on, or going to be seen in the future plans! Seeing as how all forms of communication with the players (via forums non existent) on what is happening or being worked on in this game is strictly through the Cantina tours now!

Edited by Yuppy

I have updated the blog so that it is MST - Thanks for the catch!