GSF change summary

Verain

The patchnotes didn't lie, but they are incomplete!

As a reference, my cosmetic guide if you need pictures:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=884424

As you all know, all component upgrades have had their price HALVED.

I don't recall the prior values to unlock components. But I will add:

Unlocking a primary major component for the first time now costs 1000 ship req.

Unlocking a primary lesser component for the first time now costs 750 ship req.

Unlocking a minor component for the first time now costs 500 ship req.

Also as you all know, the cost to unlock ships has been reduced. This means that the type 1 bomber (and presumably gunship) cost only 1500 fleet req to unlock, and the other ships cost 3000.

Edit: From thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=924505

Unlocking crew members is down to 600 fleet req.

The HUGE cosmetic change is that all (or almost all?) of the cosmetics are now available for DIRECT CARTEL COIN SALE. This includes items that previously were only available with the use of an item.

On Republic side, some of the paintjobs are odd. This has been reported as not working correctly (can't unlock on some characters) in another thread: it worked fine for me. Note that even though I had these paintjobs unlocked before, they were now locked (but still worked normally for the ships that had them attached).

This includes: SR-03 (Republic Logo) paintjob on the scout, and BR-05 on the Republic Bomber. Note: BR-06 has been RENAMED to BR-05. It is still the same as before, however, and if you had it selected before, you still have it selected now.

New: BR-02 on the Republic Bomber: this paintjob has rings!

New: BI-04 on the Imperial Bomber: this is most similar to the BI-01, but has more color to it.

FR-04 is available on the Strike Fighter. It looks exactly like the old FR-05. I suspect they intended to rename it, and instead made a copy. If you unlock both, you can alternate between them normally.

Republic now have a "Blue Core" engine. This is NEW! This is the FIRST blue engine available to Republic! This means Republic now have 12 engine color options. This is also exceptional for my character that looks like the ship/girl from the Guardian Legend, because that ship/girl has blue engines.

Blaster options tend to cost 120 cartel coins if they were not available before. This includes the pink-purple shots! The black-blue on imperial, and yellow on republic, are ONE cartel coin, for some reason.

Engine options tend to cost 120 cartel coins if they were not available before. This includes the pink-purple engine!

Color modules tend to cost 120 cartel coins if they were not available before. There are no new color modules.

Paint jobs tend to cost 240 cartel coins. Even if you had them already in a few cases QQ

As reported, the type 3 bomber and type 2 gunship are now unlocked on new characters. If you had an old character without these ships, they are now unlocked on the old character as well.

I'm not aware of any component changes, but I didn't test in game (we aren't EXPECTING any component changes, but there was one patch where we all got teleported into a mosh pit in the middle of the map and vibrated and died, so you never know with them GSF changes).

Edited by Verain

Worth noting that Gas Canisters don't have a fixed price like all other cosmetics. Some costs 120 CC, while some cost 240 and even 480 CC. And of course there's that one that costs 1 CC. Edited by Greezt

Imperial black-green, black-purple, black-yellow and black-light blue all cost 400 CC. Republic black-blue, purple and pink-purple cost 90 CC, black-yellow and black-orange cost 400 CC, and black-red and black-purple both cost 480 CC.

Another thing - they increased the token gain. Dailies now grant 1200 ship req, weeklies now grant 4000 ship req and 800 fleet req.

Imperial black-green, black-purple, black-yellow and black-light blue all cost 400 CC. Republic black-blue, purple and pink-purple cost 90 CC, black-yellow and black-orange cost 400 CC, and black-red and black-purple both cost 480 CC.

I think most of these costs were from before though, is my point. But pink-purple being 90 CC is odd- I really thought that was 120 when I looked.

Another thing - they increased the token gain. Dailies now grant 1200 ship req, weeklies now grant 4000 ship req and 800 fleet req.

Wow!

After it doesn't make sense to keep two threads about the changes I add my promised updates here:

The Intro Mission grants now 25000 Fleet Requisitions, which means after completing it you can choose enough ships to equip your entire bar and still have Requisitions left to buy Crew Members. That is really amazing and more than I expected.

The upgrade costs:

First upgrade indepent what component 500 Requisitions

The following upgrades depends on the component.

Main Components Weapons:

2. Upgrade: 1250 Ship requisitions

3. Upgrade: 2500 Ship requisitions

4. Upgrade: 5000 Ship requisitions

5. Upgrade: 7500 Ship requisitions

Main components other (Shield, Engine, Systems...):

2. Upgrade: 1250 Ship requisitions

3. Upgrade: 5000 Ship requisitions

Secondary components (Armor, Capacitor, Reactor...)

2. Upgrade: 750 Ship requisitions

3. Upgrade: 1250 Ship requisitions

Most of the time that is a price cut of 50%, in some cases a little less.

And yes Mangler / Quarrel also costs 1500 Fleet requisitions.