Striketoberfest Events.

Ramalina

Yes pilots, it's that time of year. Leaves turn color, nights get cold, and people suddenly are possessed of an irresistible urge to fly that most awesome of GSF ship classes:

the STRIKE FIGHTER!

There are lots of guides and tutorial materials extolling the awfulness of strike fighters, but there comes a time when you have to throw off the shackles of mere performance, spurn both the cowering behind cover of Gunships and Bombers, and the cooldown crutch dependencies of scouts, and break out those Quad lasers, Heavy lasers, missiles, and have some good old fashioned dogfighting fun.

So, on the weekend of Oct 20, 21, 22 I'd like to organize a series of events celebrating (in a not very serious way) the strike fighter in GSF.

Oct 20

Clarion Convention

Server Jedi Covenant

TIme: 7 - 11 pm EDT

Hop into a Clarion or Imperium, and take advantage of the only strike with a systems component. Also enjoy the beautiful blue halo of the occasional Proton Torp hit. (yes, this one is in honor of Eudoxia).

Oct 21

Missile Mania

Server: Shadowlands

Time: 8 - 11 EDT

Step into a Pike or Quell, equip the missiles of you choice, and fire away. Just missiles please, none of that laser weapon foolishness. Missiles are the future of space combat don't you know.

Wiskey-build Wipeout

Server: Harbinger

Time: 11 pm - 2 am EDT, 8 - 11 PDT

Grab a Whisky build Starguard, Rycer, or Gladiator and see how many RFL shots you can shoot in one game. Hitting targets optional. For extra hilarity I very strongly recommend using CHARGED PLATING instead of Quick Charge.

Oct 22

Super Serious Strikes EU

Server: TRE

Time: 8-12 pm UTC

Super serious strikes? Embrace the paradox! Build the meanest strike build you can think of, group up in a team, and kill the snot out of every enemy ship you come across.

Super serious strikes, NA round one.

Server: Shadowlands

Time: 7 - 10:30 pm EDT

Super serious strikes? Embrace the paradox! Build the meanest strike build you can think of, group up in a team, and kill the snot out of every enemy ship you come across.

Super serious strikes, NA round two

Server: Harbinger

Time: 11 pm - 3 am EDT, 8 pm - 12 pm PDT

While I appreciate the attempt to fly some of the forgotten ships, I'm not really a fan of Strike nights because it takes forever to kill stuff and there's not much strategy involved.. I'd prefer we allow Cometbreakers, Spearpoints, and Sledgehammers too.

While I appreciate the attempt to fly some of the forgotten ships, I'm not really a fan of Strike nights because it takes forever to kill stuff and there's not much strategy involved.. I'd prefer we allow Cometbreakers, Spearpoints, and Sledgehammers too.

Well, it's not like one can enforce ship choice with a custom lobby or anything.

I will give the dispensation that the Sledgehammer/Decimus can be considered honorary members of the strike tribe of ships, and if we're talking double missile/torp builds we can give both the T2 and T3 gunships a pass as well, counting them as Pikes or Quells in heavy disguise. T3 scouts, tensor builds might be a bit too meta in Dom, but certainly if they pick other systems they can probably pass. Wait, they do have other systems right? It's been a while since I've checked what components they have that no one would want to use.

@Ianir I made the events a bit on the long side deliberately, figuring that probably most people wouldn't be able to do entire time slots, but that more people would be able to get to at least part of the events. It is STRIKEtoberfest, so I was aiming at being on the inclusive side, even for the more serious and cutthroat-competitive events. If a sufficiently large selection of teams prefer shorter sessions, I can alter times, I just want to make sure times work for as many people as possible.

• 3 weeks later...