does this game have any plug in's for helping with rotation where DOT is concerned?

Gift-Of-Nurgle

I am playing a hatred assassin, a big part of what I do is damage over time. I can't seem to see any visual representation of the effects though, so I'm never sure when to reapply.

At the moment it's not that big of a deal as I rarely fight anything where it doesn't die really fast anyway, but when I start doing harder content I'm gonna need to know when to reapply my DOTS.

Is it a case of just learning a rotation and sticking to that, or is there any ways past counting in your head or using a metronome to time these dots right? I mean surely there should be some visual cue as well? am I just missing it?

if it doesn't exist or is hard to spot, is there any way to augment it. can we use plug in's in this game?

you can see any DOT you put on an enemy. and you can visually see when said Dot/s will expire. you can also make them larger or smaller, in the interface editor.

thanks... so what am I looking for, what can I "see" please? LoL. is there a ticker or an effect on the mob or what?

The only place you can see the debuffs you put on something is on the unit frame. There's no way (that I can find) to have them over the nameplates.

You can change how the unit frame shows you debuffs in the interface editor. Open it and click on the Target Frame. There you can change the layout of the buffs/debuffs, including size and different ways to sort them. Unfortunately, unlike the player buffs/debuffs, target ones are tied to the unit frame and can't be moved.

The only place you can see the debuffs you put on something is on the unit frame. There's no way (that I can find) to have them over the nameplates.

You can change how the unit frame shows you debuffs in the interface editor. Open it and click on the Target Frame. There you can change the layout of the buffs/debuffs, including size and different ways to sort them. Unfortunately, unlike the player buffs/debuffs, target ones are tied to the unit frame and can't be moved.

thank you. I'm not sure what the "unit frame" is though. sorry.

Judging from your capture, by "unit frame", you mean "target frame". Yeah, that's the only way I knew.

My caveat on this is that (and please correct me if I'm wrong) it shows everyone's debuffs on the target. And it gets so cluttered against a boss that, at least to me, it gets indecipherable quickly. Also, no timer indication (like you can have on your own ability cooldowns). Though you can sort so yours show first.

OP: it's worth playing with and maybe you'll find it does all you are looking for. YOu get access to it from the Interface Editor.