Question about purple gear for armortech

Targarion

I want to be an armortech crafter for my guild. I tried to craft level 50 purple gear for my guild and noticed that it's always bounded to me. How do I find schematics that I can craft for toons beside myself? Any advice would be great. :confused:

That only applies to the rakata items, normal things will be bind on equip so you can trade it with people.

There are a few you have available to you. The TH-17A series and the RD-17A series of schematics are for heavy armor users, the RD-07A and TH-07A are for medium users. All have fixed stats, and all follow the prefix RE path if you want to waste mats on trying to get Tier 2 schematics for them. At level 50, there are also the Electrum Onslaught (heavy armor) and Polyplast Ultramesh (medium armor) series that cover all the main 7 pieces of armor -- head, chest, wrists, hands, waist, legs and feet -- if you manage to get them. A lot come from Underworld Trading mission crits, maybe some from investigation crits tho I can't say because I haven't paid enough attention. In any event, most can be found pretty cheaply on the GTN, with the exception of a few uncommon ones. The devs actually have fixed the issue so that when you look at a schematic for sale on the GTN, if you don't know it and can learn it it will show up "light blue" and if you already know it or can't use it, it will show up dark blue. Same as if they were in your inventory.

There are a few you have available to you. The TH-17A series and the RD-17A series of schematics are for heavy armor users, the RD-07A and TH-07A are for medium users. All have fixed stats, and all follow the prefix RE path if you want to waste mats on trying to get Tier 2 schematics for them.

I wonder if someone ever tried that. Aiming for the e 1st prefix is not bad. Only 3 posiblities at 20%. But the 2nd one, where you already need purple mats to craft them.... damn.....

I wonder if someone ever tried that. Aiming for the e 1st prefix is not bad. Only 3 posiblities at 20%. But the 2nd one, where you already need purple mats to craft them.... damn.....

I've tried with "reward" schematics that start off as blue Base schematics. They're somewhat glitchy at Tier 1 and they tend to require more of all the mats you'd need for something that starts as a green Base item. I've seen some that wind up with purple Tier 1 schematics that have two separate stacks of the appropriate level blue crafting mat and I've seen purple Tier 1 schematics that call for one stack of blue mats and one stack of purple mats, so it's a bit inconsistent. In any event, I sure as hell am not going to try getting a Tier 2 schematic out of an item that requires both blue and purple mats to craft the item, and more of them than they should, just for a 10% chance to get that Tier 2 ... I cringe thinking about what sort of material requirements those would need.

why bother on the 45 plus stuff at least, just hit 50 and get the free tionese gear with set bonuses and all.

now in the 20-40 range esp, bracers and belts it could be worth it since there are fewer custom options, though yes the mats to make so many going blue to purple kills you.