What language is it?

dosadnik

The letters are not Aurebesh, the more commonly encountered alphabet in SWTOR. Most of those letters look Hebrew but, in the upper word, some are upside down. Some symbols are not Hebrew letters at all. They don't spell anything, in any case.

EDIT - actually, looking closer, all of those are Hebrew letters, but three in the upper words are upside down. זההד שתאע Z, H, H, D; Sh, T, A, A'a. To the best of my knowledge (I am an amateur) this doesn't actually spell anything.

Edited by Uluain

Sorry, I'm probably not enough of a lore junky to answer you. The only Star Wars script I know about is Aurek-Besh, which is simple letter replacement. And the only reason I'm throwing my 2¢ in is because you're pointing out a reference in Nar Shadaa.

Nar Shadaa has a couple different scripts throughout the area but, what really disappointed me was spotting a number of Aurek-Besh signs being displayed upside-down and backwards. And a good part of it (and some signs elsewhere) are nothing more than gibberish. That also makes me cast doubt on some of the other scripts around Nar Shadaa.

That's not to say all the Aurek-Besh you see in game is gibberish. Plenty are perfectly translatable, notably on the various space ports and on Coruscant.

Yep - I'm a nerd for trying to read the Aurebesh. Cantinas often advertise LIVE MUSIC, and the three deltas or triangles next to the neon outline of a female Twi'lek, ΔΔΔ, transliterate as XXX. :)

Oh, and the little holographic-looking text that appears with the blue "scan lines" on resources you can gather says "VIABLE SAMPLE".

Edited by Uluain

You're not the only one! ; )

I've read the Justicar recruitment signs on Coruscant. I think I've seen some Republic recruitment signs. And I've been tempted to screenshot some cutscenes (I don't think you can) just the read the Aurebesh flashing across some of the consoles in the backgrounds. I did manage to sit at a prompt trying to read one in the background, some concatenated line about shutdown.

The letters are not Aurebesh, the more commonly encountered alphabet in SWTOR. Most of those letters look Hebrew but, in the upper word, some are upside down. Some symbols are not Hebrew letters at all. They don't spell anything, in any case.

EDIT - actually, looking closer, all of those are Hebrew letters, but three in the upper words are upside down. זההד שתאע Z, H, H, D; Sh, T, A, A'a. To the best of my knowledge (I am an amateur) this doesn't actually spell anything.

/signed

Been awhile but I agree