Lightning spec with a bit more madness then usuall.

jktsrs

Hey all,

I don't post here much at all, but I had a question I can't find an answer to.

I think the lightihing thing is really cool and with a tank I can do enough damage to contribute (I feel like it, maybe not haha). In the madness spec tree there is a power that lets you use your force lightning without a cool down time. However, every lighting spec tree I have looked at ignored this skill. Why? I have no trouble admitting im pretty lousy at MMO's, but I try. My force lighting around lvl 30 does about 1007 damage, I'm pretty sure that's the most powerfull attack I have. I just don't understand why it seems like no one thinks the lighting without a cool down is worth it.

Edited by jktsrs

There is a lightning hybrid which takes this talent, but it's really better described as a madness build with a bit of lightning. Specifically, 0/13/28. There, the point of hybridization is to get Lightning Barrage at the expense of Creeping Terror. Unfortunately, giving up Thundering Blast for a zero-CD Force Lightning really isn't worth it. You won't be using FL except on the barrage proc (or very, very rarely as a filler), so removing the CD doesn't help.

I still think force lightning should be a part of lightning. I haven't figured out why it's not. I mean it is the only one that actually even has lightning in the name, and is the original lightning power. Any thoughts?

You'd need one heck of a revision to madness mechanics, and lightning damage would probably come to be rather OP. 1,5 sec cast LS is simply vastly inferior to it, even for the probable lightning storm proc.

So force lightning, with thundering blast on cooldown, and affliction refreshment every now and then.

There might be a way to do it, but imo other things needs to be looked at first.

True, there are some more important things to look at, but I still wonder why it was put in madness in the first place when they were doing a tree called lightning. Further, wouldn't something in madness that actually makes the opponent go mad, and potentially attack their allies or something, have been a better idea? Of course now it would take a MAJOR redo of the whole sorceror tree system. Still something to think about down the line I think.

I think it would be nice to see them tweak the tree around. IMO, however. Like a poster above me said its kinda weird for a perk that removes the cool down time of a lightning attack to be in the madness tree. Sorry, I'm being repetitive. I just kinda miss it since I reassigned my skill points to be more of lighting spec :/

Hey all,

I don't post here much at all, but I had a question I can't find an answer to.

I think the lightihing thing is really cool and with a tank I can do enough damage to contribute (I feel like it, maybe not haha). In the madness spec tree there is a power that lets you use your force lightning without a cool down time. However, every lighting spec tree I have looked at ignored this skill. Why? I have no trouble admitting im pretty lousy at MMO's, but I try. My force lighting around lvl 30 does about 1007 damage, I'm pretty sure that's the most powerfull attack I have. I just don't understand why it seems like no one thinks the lighting without a cool down is worth it.

Here is one on Noxxic http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/sith-inquisitor/sith-sorcerer/lightning/talent-builds

I played at launch and saw this same thing then, I don't really understand the logic on not putting Force Lightning in the Lightning tree, even if they made it the top tier talent, it just fits there.

Still it would be a massive redesign, because Lightning needs its filler power, and if you wanted to make Force Lightning the filler then it would need reduced damage or something as well as all the talents reworking to handle it. Then Madness would need a totally new power to make up for the one it lost.

I can't see it happening, this type of thing gets done in beta or not at all usually.

I played at launch and saw this same thing then, I don't really understand the logic on not putting Force Lightning in the Lightning tree, even if they made it the top tier talent, it just fits there.

Still it would be a massive redesign, because Lightning needs its filler power, and if you wanted to make Force Lightning the filler then it would need reduced damage or something as well as all the talents reworking to handle it. Then Madness would need a totally new power to make up for the one it lost.

I can't see it happening, this type of thing gets done in beta or not at all usually.

Same, Force Lightning is the most iconic lightning skill of the Sith and it's on Madness Tree.