Range Vanguard?

Teoteodore

I'm completely new to this game and now only lvl11 --- my way of apologizing for what might be a noobie question. Most of the advice on Vanguard builds and rotation seem to place emphasis on close range (10m) combat yet so far my encounters have been at the 30m range with most opponents dying rather quickly. Should I be practicing running into groups and using short range abilities?

I'm completely new to this game and now only lvl11 --- my way of apologizing for what might be a noobie question. Most of the advice on Vanguard builds and rotation seem to place emphasis on close range (10m) combat yet so far my encounters have been at the 30m range with most opponents dying rather quickly. Should I be practicing running into groups and using short range abilities?

Most of your abilities in almost every spec of VG will require you to be within 10m range. I would start practicing and getting used to it. :)

I'd just like to say that, ideally, you'll find a use for most of your abilities, but realistically, you'll find yourself in close combat more often than not. Once you get storm, your options for expanding your ability use get much better. You can soften up a group of enemies with mortar volley before using storm to close the distance and enter melee, for example. Ultimately, you'll end up going through trash in relatively short order, even in a pure tanking setup, so mix it up and have fun. Just be aware that some mobs can also charge you. Keep this in mind before laying into them at range or you could spread out a group and find yourself the star attraction in a circle of death.