Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

NoaFlux

Hacks/cheating is becoming a major problem in mmos, in pvp. Heck Blizzards solution in wow is for someone to fill out a report that can easily be discarded. Sense you dont even get notified that the report was read or even looked at. Its gotten so bad over in wow, that I got trolled by three MVPs for telling the gms where, when, and who was doing a hack. It wouldn't surprise me if this problem found its way into swtor.

Op the problem with your system is this. I am a player not a lazy dumb sob with a degree, that's calculated the outcome of a warzone one minute in. Lets say the lazy people decide to sit on their arse for the remainder of the battle. My point ill keep fighting to the end even if I know a loss is coming, and ill keep trying to get people motivated by my actions not my words. Now lets say I get stuck with a team that is mostly in the lazy collum. They just want to sit at a defense station and earn medals, but suddenly I come along and mess up the other sides plans by taking a position, the imps then attack the ones sitting on their butt. Whats stopping them from voting to kick my butt for cheating? Only because I did not do what they wanted. Blizzard tried this voting to kick system the problem is its just way too easy to abuse.

Heck you could find the elitest group kicking people in a warzone because they dont like their spec, or their gear. The list goes on and on. Its just not that simple. Lets face it until EA gets their quick buck from millions of subs they are never going to put a system in that works, and that can not be manipulated. Voting just doesn't cut it.

This is of course the opinion of one player

Edited by CrazyOldMystic

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the 8+ people thing has been fixed a while back, not sure about the others.

I doubt a 'vote' will change anything, especially since lots of people will keep claiming 'I don't see it' (well, often times you not seeing it is the point of a cheat)

I've definitely had the 'window glitch' happen to me in novare coast. though that one is not that bad when you know how to be able to target them anyway, I'm sure not everybody knows how to, though (there's a specific spot inside the booth that lets you click them, instead of outside where for some reason you will get the 'target not in sight' message)

heh, if EA was smart (IF, not are, big difference) they would mark down the acounts of anyone claiming to never seen it happen and watch their actions in game.

I "suspect" they would find many (not all, some just pay no attention to their surroundings at all and truely dont see the questionable stuff) of the problem players in the act.

Just a hunch based on over 20 years of MMORPGs and hacking issues (there was hacking in the very first MMORPG PVP and has been to some extent in every title since. Regardless of those who claim differently).

As for EA handling. My conversations with the CSRs about certain issues in PVP have left me feeling quite happy to be honest. Ive NEVER had a EA ingame droid tell me something obvious wasnt a hack. They take down the names, what happened, why I think it was a hack. And have on multiple occations said

"Unfortunately it does seem you experienced a player cheating/hacking the game and we thank you for your report. You understand we can not inform you of further actions resulting from this report but we take this stuff very serious"

Personally Im happy with that!

Now the rest is up to them.

I dont expect immediate action to be taken but do expect in a reasonable amount of time the players involved and the isuue surrounding it will be investigated and fixed.

If it turns out it wasnt a hack cheat, then the players will never know the difference.

Honest players have nothing to fear regarding being reported for something.

Personally I'd rather 1000 wrong reports be filed to catch 1 cheater then no reports being filed and allowing a cheater to continue on cheating.

There is no hacking. Ive played approx 1000 warzones(yes i really have) and ive never seen a person use some form of code within the game that enhances his abilities.

The google search "swtor hacks" only directs ignorant dumb people to "phising" sites that will rob your private economy.

There has been loads of exploitable bugs. Yes. The voidstar issue that's way in the past, the speeder knockoff in civil war. But that's not hacking. Exploiting a bug is never hacking. It's not even cheating. Using theese exploits only leads to the removal of them.

The reason player's accuse each other of hacking is both lack in skill and general understanding of the games different classes and abilities.

With my scoundrel healer i got accused of hacking when we did a PUB on PUB huttball. I had the ball and simply ran thru the fire healing my self. I was even slo, i used all my cd's the warzone medpac and every stack of upper hand i had to make that run.

I scored the goal won the match only to be greeted by an upset player ranting about that i was hacking. He insisted That scoundrels simply could not walk thru the fire and live.

Ive seen other people thinking the sentinel groupwide speedbuff is a hack "THE WHOLE TEAM WAS USING FORCE SPEED, THEY WERE ALSO IN THE SAME GUILD;, HOW CAN EVERYONE BE IN THE SAME GUILD WHEN A WARZONE IS RANDOM PLAYERS? CHEATING GUILD" . Sorry about the caps BUT. Tthis is an actuall quote from a real level 50 warzone, i have it as a screenshot if anyone wants to see it.

People there are no HACKS. This thread if read by Bioware is probably the biggest source of comedy they have at work right now.

Well I want to address a couple of these concerns really quick, as I have spent a lot of time on this subject.

and Thx for posting!!

1.) Record the cheating with fraps (it would be easier with the full version but this is free), post it on youtube and here and make sure the comments agree that it's actually cheating than...send it to Bioware with specifics if it is(time etc). Also report this person in game. Those three things will increase the chances largely that this person will be caught, and it does happen.

2.) Antihacking programs. I'm a supporter of anti hacking. The problem is that you would have to install another program on your computer in order to stop it, and a lot of people don't like this idea, because it gives away more of their privacy to BW and it also uses more system resources. Make a thread that you want this SPECIFICILY. I would support it, despite the negatives. Post the link on here!!

3.) Cheating doesn't always help. A lot of people will tell you their are negatives to speed hacking etc.

4.) It happens, or has happened, in every game. So give BW some time to stop it. Again they do stop it. I know many guilds from my server who have had members banned from the game for a while because of this.

Again thanks for keeping this topic alive!! Please look for my next topic about WZ "fatality" moves for the next update. These would be a fun and quick "cosmetic" type of thing, no points little blood. But in the last minute of the game I think this would add to the fun and intensity! My suggestion is to add it on to your favorite move like an augment!

Edited by NoaFlux

I'll start by saying I know that hackers exist, because if I said my second phrase before that nobody would read this post. My second phrase is that I have not yet recognized any hacks in Warzones. I do know they exist, though. I have encountered them in various games, and seen very solid evidence from other posters that this does occur especially in SWTOR. I also am aware that certain classes can be Knokback immune, that Resolve can stop a CC from working, and that each class has a CC breaker. This can sometimes make it hard to recognize a hack for someone who hasn't leveled each class to 50. My only 50 is a Sentinel, so you see wher I am coming from. But, seeing as some people (like me) have a hard time telling a hack from a legitimate ability, a voting system probably would not be the best way to go. With a little bit of patience and luck, though, some new tech will probably pop up that can help stop hackers.

I just get sick and tired of seeing the lag switch teleport cheat/exploit in huttball. I'm sure you've seen it: Guy is untargetable with either a direct attack or AoE on a spot inside where the ball rests at the center of the arena. He clicks on ball, then you see him running partially through the floor, lilke half his body is above the floor and the other half below it. Next thing you know, someone else is where he used to be, and then the guy who had the ball magically appears close to the goal line. Score.

The other teleport hack i've seen in huttball sticks out like an eyesore: Guy who has the ball flails down on the ground like he got hit with an assassins knockdown move by the fire traps. He starts at the fire trap closest to the middle, then disappears and reappears right outside the next firetrap closer to your goal, then all they have to do is walk down the ramp and score.

It's the exploits that ruin this games fun factor for me.

I just get sick and tired of seeing the lag switch teleport cheat/exploit in huttball. I'm sure you've seen it: Guy is untargetable with either a direct attack or AoE on a spot inside where the ball rests at the center of the arena. He clicks on ball, then you see him running partially through the floor, lilke half his body is above the floor and the other half below it. Next thing you know, someone else is where he used to be, and then the guy who had the ball magically appears close to the goal line. Score.

The other teleport hack i've seen in huttball sticks out like an eyesore: Guy who has the ball flails down on the ground like he got hit with an assassins knockdown move by the fire traps. He starts at the fire trap closest to the middle, then disappears and reappears right outside the next firetrap closer to your goal, then all they have to do is walk down the ramp and score.

It's the exploits that ruin this games fun factor for me.

This isnt hacking. Huttball is hugely bugged and players that appears to stand in the center ball pedestal is actually lagged players somewhere else on the map. Huttball has so many bugs that causes losses. But theese bugs are from what i have seen in competitive warzone not exploitable. Its just bugs that ruin the experience for everyone.

Yet again. Im a very active pvp player. Have never seen anything that i would call a hack. We count stun breaks, we know exactly how resolve works. We know what classes can do what. If a guy would have 15 stunbreaks and some magical speed. Then yes, thats hacking.

Again. Lag is yet again the issue here. Sometimes you stun someone on your screen the animation in your client clearly shows that he is stunned. He has used his stunbreak an alert guildie let you know about this earlier. Half a second later he isnt stunned, he has no resolve and was in stealth and knocked you to the ground. How? Client and server lag in a beautiful combination. In reality the player who you stunned had already stealthed before the server registered the stun.

These stuff aints hacks. When these stuff occurs you simply have to think about what just occurred in a logical way.

Again. I dont believe there is any hacks being used to give players advantages in the game. I have yet to see this despite doing warzones all the time. Some of you seem convinced about it tho. I would love to see some evidence if anyone had it. But i have not seen any evidence of this.

ALSO. BOTS using waypoints is not hacking. A bot cannot beat a human player in pvp under any circumstances and sending a bot to do pvp will only harm your reputation as a good player. Ive seen bots in warzones. Theyre just free kills. The problem is having them on your team.

edit : KimbonatorX. Sry man. I saw i video on youtube about that first exoloit you mentioned, the firetrap speed one. Very much exploitable. The other one, when you see a player stuck in centre, that's still lag.

edit 2 : Again this is not a matter of opinion or not. Show me proof of hacks and i'll change my mind instantly. This thread is just so cluttered with personal opinion and lack of gaming understanding. Empircal proof of hacking please!

Edited by Hogild

In just the last 12 warzones I counted 5 failed cc on people with empty resolve bars and 4 failed "diversions" on gunslingers in cover. Since December, diversion has never failed to knock me out of cover - not once!

Yet again. Im a very active pvp player. Have never seen anything that i would call a hack. We count stun breaks, we know exactly how resolve works. We know what classes can do what. If a guy would have 15 stunbreaks and some magical speed. Then yes, thats hacking.

Again. Lag is yet again the issue here. <snip>

Yes I agree, lag is the issue...the kind you create with netlimiter yourself!

Again. I dont believe there is any hacks being used to give players advantages in the game. I have yet to see this despite doing warzones all the time. Some of you seem convinced about it tho. I would love to see some evidence if anyone had it. But i have not seen any evidence of this.

I love statements like this - show me proof, lol.

What am I gonna show you? A screenshot of my cc or diversion being in cooldown while the target is not affected? Would that suffice or would you cry "photoshopped"? (and you would be right, because I would have to photoshop the player names, or otherwise I would violate the EULA).

In 1.15 Bioware announced that they have banned 100s of accounts for cheating - if that's not proof in itself, nothing will convince you.

Then again, those who deny that hacking occurs, usually fall into two categories. Those too inexperienced to know what is and what isn't possible in PVP, and those doing the exploiting. Pick your poison.

In just the last 12 warzones I counted 5 failed cc on people with empty resolve bars and 4 failed "diversions" on gunslingers in cover. Since December, diversion has never failed to knock me out of cover - not once!

So youre saying that beacuse the game is flawed, laggy and bugged. People are hacking the game software to give them abilities they shouldnt have? NO.

Tanks have some cc imunity skills wich would explain that.

Also read this thread regarding Diversion. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=514337&highlight=diversion

I love statements like this - show me proof, lol.

What am I gonna show you? A screenshot of my cc or diversion being in cooldown while the target is not affected? Would that suffice or would you cry "photoshopped"? (and you would be right, because I would have to photoshop the player names, or otherwise I would violate the EULA).

Yeah to have make your point you have to show proof. Thats how an argument works. People cant just say stuff without backing it up. You guys who are going on about this is the one who should proove it aswell. Proove it how then? Well hack the game, give yourself advantages that gives you advantage in pvp. Sidenote. Using gltches or having occasional lag isnt counted as proof.

In 1.15 Bioware announced that they have banned 100s of accounts for cheating - if that's not proof in itself, nothing will convince you.

In 1.15, how long was that ago? 5 months? Cheating is the broad perspective of using glitches/bots and other stuff not allowed by the EULA. Using bots and exploits is still not the same as using a game HACK.

Then again, those who deny that hacking occurs, usually fall into two categories. Those too inexperienced to know what is and what isn't possible in PVP, and those doing the exploiting. Pick your poison.

That argument is just silly. Just because i disagree with you doesnt mean im either a cheater or a bad player. Remeber im trying to clearify stuff here. Im not in this discussion to cause upset or to make statements about other ppl in theese forums.

I simply want to set this straight.

Edited by Hogild

Tanks have some cc imunity skills wich would explain that.

Also read this thread regarding Diversion. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=514337&highlight=diversion

Ahh, I see. You are not a hacker, just inexperienced.

CC immunities have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Apparently you don't really understand the resolve system, which is why it is so easy for this next generation of exploiters to fool people like you.

As for the link - what does that have to do with diversion failing?

Diversion WILL remove the sniper from cover, it WILL prevent him from entering cover again (6 secs), it WILL end cover-dependent effects (such as balistic shield) and it WILL prevent cover-dependent abilities (such as ambush) to be used. There is NO defense against diversion, other than lag exploits.

Yeah to have make your point you have to show proof. Thats how an argument works. People cant just say stuff without backing it up. You guys who are going on about this is the one who should proove it aswell. Proove it how then? Well hack the game, give yourself advantages that gives you advantage in pvp. Sidenote. Using gltches or having occasional lag isnt counted as proof.

I think what you wrote there pretty much ends this debate:

You want me to use hacks myself to show you proof? Really? :D

Ahh, I see. You are not a hacker, just inexperienced.

CC immunities have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Apparently you don't really understand the resolve system, which is why it is so easy for this next generation of exploiters to fool people like you.

Again. Why do you keep telling me i have difficulty to understand things? I know exactly how resolve works.

CC immunity have nothing to do with resolve. So why you even would throw that out there is beyond me.

Here have a read in this thread regarding cc immunity. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=442621&highlight=immunity

As for the link - what does that have to do with diversion failing?

Diversion WILL remove the sniper from cover, it WILL prevent him from entering cover again (6 secs), it WILL end cover-dependent effects (such as balistic shield) and it WILL prevent cover-dependent abilities (such as ambush) to be used. There is NO defense against diversion, other than lag exploits.

Cover and entrench is not the same thing. Cover is removed, entrench will persist. Thus making the target prone to interrupts and leaps. Diversion havent failed. Please note the de-buff icon over the target displaying Diversion. Diversion have never failed me. The first time i used on entrenched sniper i got a bit confused tho, i have to admit.

However. I didnt take my initial fail of understanding the ability as the other player simply had hacked the game.

I think what you wrote there pretty much ends this debate:

You want me to use hacks myself to show you proof? Really? :D

Well. You claim hacks exist.

Then where are they? The examples you have displayed above is your lack of understanding the game. Look. I am not jumping to conclusions trying to get you down and stuff. But looking at the stuff you have wrote you clearly should try to understand how skills work before dismissing them as cheating.

Edited by Hogild

There are plenty of hacks, including wallhacks. You can witness this in the fight with the 3 nodes in a row (Either Corellia or Alderaan, I forget which). You can literally see some people start from the center, and essentially run through the air from on top of the wall to either snow or grass node point. They'll stop right about the stairs at the node, do a jagged/wiggly animation in the air and drop to the ground before moving "normally" again.

There's been PLENTY of times when I've seen people go from 0% health to 100% health in one instant with no healers nearby. There aren't any medpacs or skills/talents in the game that allow for this.

Then there is the subtle speed hacks - boosting their run speeds by 2%-5% or the "swing" speed for their basic no-cost attack so that it's instant fire (skips animation frames).

I've seen the Grapple ability have it's range extended to 100+ meters, with the person in question being able to literally target people on the opposite side of the bridge, and standing close to the doors in Voidstar and yank them over before the bridges were activated. If he jerked his animation in the middle of the Grapple, they would drop to their death in the middle section.

I've seen Operatives have "infinite" energy and instant spammable Backstabs/Shivs. There was one joker who ran around the entire match doing nothing but Backstab/Shiv on people nonstop.

I've seen short/melee range classes (4-10m and closer) use their abilities on ranged opponents (30+ m).

I've seen certain folks have no buffs on them, take zero damage from direct hits.

Now, as far as exploits go - Mezzes are retarded. More than once I've seen people mezzed (myself included), and have literally sat there doing the head-grab animation while the entire enemy team dances around them for 2+ minutes. It can be consistently done. Your entire action bar is grayed out. That's much longer than the 8s that is advertised as being the limit.

There's also still nonsense with ledges in Novarre for instance.

Myself and my guildmates reported a guild that was doing very questionable damage and heals,three of my guildmates and i have PvP'd with for months we have seen it all,i have over 15K kills and over a 1000 MVP votes to give yah an idea,plus i have numerous alts that i play so i can base my judgement pretty good when i see skills that are alittle out of whack.

In anycase i was informed by the Customer Service well thanked for reporting these people that were using 3rd party software and this all happened just last week,so if you suspect something and it really feel's out of whack go ahead and report them i say because it is happening,not as much but it is.

Edited by Sathid

I posted on this topic already but at the time, I had not been directly effected or seen this ingame. I have seen too many odd events n the warzones of late, that appear to be cheating. Ill try to put some down here. The one time I killed a imp player in the civil war warzone, the second I killed said player. I was removed from the ops group and the warzone. It said that I had removed myself. The fact is I did not. The other I ran into a noob grav round spammer commando. The only problem is he was using abilities from two spec trees, but his grav rounds would have required mostly a gunnery spec. He would not have had enough to get the Incendiary round. Also the fact when we were fighting at the exact moment when he should have been dead. The line of sight in the game went all screwy and I froze and could not move. If that was a random event, I would have wrote it off but it was to precisely timed. No it was not a ingame ability that a commando has. The other incident again against a republic trooper on my commando, he was using a blaster, so he was vanguard. He leaped at me and moved like a Jedi Guardian. No there was no way for him to normally jump that high to get to me. Being that he was a vanguard. Lastly ive noticed on the republic side players being in the warzone but not showing up as pvp active, meaning the green tag around their name. That could be a simple glitch.

As a long time pvper you learn, what you think you see, may not be true. Then again it could be true.

Crazy:

Your first example sounds like bad luck with lag. (Everyone knows only Operatives can stunlock you out of the game :D)

As far as the commando goes, it is entirely possible to have both grav round and incendiary round. (it only takes 22 talent points to snag them both) As far as the second lag-spike goes, it sounds like just that: an unlucky lag spike. Maybe you got rooted/cc'd and then lagged. That would be a super-annoying combination, obviously, but probably not a hack.

Finally, PTs who spec deep into the tanking tree get their own leap. It seems like most people don't expect it from them, since most are pyro. (this let's one of my PT tank buddies surprise the hell out of people)

-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

Saw it playing against Republic side 2 days ago. Knockbacks and stuns were not working, one guy kept planting with NO RESOLVE while I was force choking him. Not just for me either. Other players were complaining about the knockbacks and stuns as well. On Novare coast we were trying to take back East bunker and the level 46 Jedi Sentinel my self and 3 other players focused killed who wound up killing me along the way made his way back to the bunker before I did just to kill me again lol.

I don't know what hacks would enable playing like this but it was annoying! We lost 3-4 games in a row before I threw my hands up and gave up. Novare Coast, Alderaan Civil War and Voidstar,

In anycase i was informed by the Customer Service well thanked for reporting these people that were using 3rd party software and this all happened just last week,so if you suspect something and it really feel's out of whack go ahead and report them i say because it is happening,not as much but it is.

Oh. Finally something with a bit more flesh then "I cant stun" and when explained im called either an ******e or a cheater.

So can you describe it a little further? DPS and HPS? Classes, and what warzone? Would love some more info about this.

I was following my tank around in ACW and we kept getting killed surprisingly fast by a couple of players on the enemy team. I didn't think anything of it because I had just hit 50 on my sage and only had about 14k hp. My tank started calling these guys out in spatial chat for being cheaters. He said that they were using energy hacks and that their whole guild cheats. Normally I dont pay any attention to stuff like that, but they weren't denying it. They only replied with things like "U mad." I'm going to pay closer attention next time and take some SS's.

Myself and my guildmates reported a guild that was doing very questionable damage and heals,three of my guildmates and i have PvP'd with for months we have seen it all,i have over 15K kills and over a 1000 MVP votes to give yah an idea,plus i have numerous alts that i play so i can base my judgement pretty good when i see skills that are alittle out of whack.

Wow thanks for sharing!!!

Victory!!!

I was following my tank around in ACW and we kept getting killed surprisingly fast by a couple of players on the enemy team. I didn't think anything of it because I had just hit 50 on my sage and only had about 14k hp. My tank started calling these guys out in spatial chat for being cheaters. He said that they were using energy hacks and that their whole guild cheats. Normally I dont pay any attention to stuff like that, but they weren't denying it. They only replied with things like "U mad." I'm going to pay closer attention next time and take some SS's.

I play with a tank a lot and I had this happen a couple times last week. There is a difference though between them being smart players.....knowing to take the tank and the healer out first....and just plain cheating.

I saw both situations occur on my server, Droogas Pleasure Barge. Last week too.

I get accused of cheating fairly often. My guild mates too, on Imp or Pub. It's called L2P; I even had one guy saying I cheat because I had a permanent 15% speed increase and sprinted in combat sometimes and he was convinced this was impossible because "he has an Operative and the only speed increase is on Dodge in healer spec and the 15% only works in stealth". When I told him that was false and named the talents that gave me speed boosts (Sneaky for 15% at all times and Dirty Escape in tier 2 Dirty Fighting for stun cooldown reduction and 30% speed bonus for 4 seconds) he said he didn't believe me and was reporting me anyway.

Most recently it was a Sorc and Merc, separately, saying that I cheat after I killed them a bunch of times, because we all know Sorcs and Mercs are great 1v1 classes right? Like I said, L2P and stop crying hacks, especially if you have no idea what the other class' skills are.