Remove the rakghoul plague now

I'm currently lvl 38 so will any quests I get also be ~38, or is this event limited to high level players?

I completed a majority of the event (minus world boss groupings) last night @ 30 on my alt. Its all relevant to your level, but you have to be of Tatooine age to play, with the quests that is.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is based on RP and story then people should be able to shoot infected people on sight to try and stop the plague....

That would be PvP, but I guess you won't see or acknowledge the difference will you.

I am loving that there are a small few that feel the way you do.

Keeping me entertained while I work.

I load into the Fleet, and a whole bunch of people are standing at the load in spot, infecting everyone, who goes to the Fleet, and it cost 2k for the stim, to remove it for 6 hours. If this is a joke, it isn't funny, and its a little late, from april fools day.

I will not be paying, to play a game, that forces stupid stuff like this on players.

Please remove this, if you want to continue to have me, as a customer.

Some like it, but i think its completely out of line.

Is this serious? wow, lol. This has to be one of the worst reasons I've seen people threaten to quit over. Extremely pathetic.

valid, BUT, sell those DNA samples and get 50k+???

What were you coming to fleet for?

-buying new gear for your level?

-training up new skills?

-putting something up in the GTN to make some coin?

-buying new crew skills?

-about to run a FP?

-trolling general chat?

Hmm, many many things I prolly missed from this list, but most players I assume come to fleet to partake in some sort of economy, which revolves around currency. You just got infected with free in game currency.

How could you not want that?

It really is a matter of "choice". :cool:

But, but....You want me to move 5 meters to avoid someone!!!

OH THE OUTRAGE.

/sarcasm

Heh. I get that some of these folks are opposed to this. BUT it is so easy to avoid.

And even if you do get infected and didn't want to...just carry on, explode, get the DNA, sell if you're not wanting to go down the path of doing the quests or just delete it.

After I finish the quest I'm currently on, I'm going to do another experiment on distance. It is very small.

While at the same time it has lowered mine. The smart thing to do is add events like it, but never at the expense of others who wish not to take part in them. That way you can please both groups. See the logic in that?

I don't get it.

If you are leveling, you shouldn't have problems.

If you only do warzones, it MAY happen that if you hit someone infected, and he dies near you, you get infected, but it's rare.

If you stay in the fleet / do PVE, well, just don't stand near the pvp daily quests terminal, or really crowded areas.

One of the things that makes the event fun, is the possibility of infect other people (and let's face it, it's not a big deal anyway)

Edited by TheNotorius

Is this serious? wow, lol. This has to be one of the worst reasons I've seen people threaten to quit over. Extremely pathetic.

this

far more enjoyable then any of the world events I experienced while I played WoW. I am actually enjoying and participating in this. It is fun.

Why can't I just die to random npc mob to avoid the effect?

Why is that affecting you and your beloved event? I am not asking them to remove the event, I'm asking why is the only way to not deal with it is a cash sink or quit playing.

Can you not? I haven't tried that. From what I've seen you can get shed of the plague by falling to your death, leaping to your death, someone curing you and...maybe using the vaccine post infection (not sure on the latter, sorry).

And it is not as easy as some would have you think to get infected. In fact, you have to be pretty much right next to someone infected (green fog surrounding them, glowing eyes) AND have them explode all over you to get infected. It's not just passing them, you have to be right there when they explode.

Here's the thing: the people complaining don't believe it's a minor effect.

Consider this: people are playing, here, an MMORPG. Some of the people who are playing it are going to care enough about those RPG elements to be pretty upset when their character is infected with this plague and all that goes along with it.

Let them dislike it.

From what I've seen, they are letting you like it (the OP excluded). They just want the opportunity to be heard as to why they do not enjoy it. On the other side of things, any time anyone says he dislikes the plague, he's attacked with names of every sort.

You would say it's a minor impact on these players, but they may feel its a major impact, and the fact is, we're talking about a game here - something for and based on entertainment. By it's very definition, what people enjoy or do not enjoy about it will be tremendously subjective. If someone feels its a major impact, its a major impact, because the nature of games is that their impact is very personal.

Here's the thing: you can dislike it all you want, but people are going to point out the incongruity of not liking something because of the reasons.

Wanting to not be affected by anything but on their own terms?

You said MMORPG and highlighted the RPG, but let's now highlight the MM (you know, the part that people keep saying it's not enough of?) part.

These games are full of other people, and you can be affected by them (positively and negatively) throughout gameplay. Isolating it to where they can not takes it further and further from the MMOG and more into the single player aspect that so many people seem to complain about.

So hate the event all you want, but your criticism wont exist in a vacuum. People will comment on it. Especially when you consider a lot of the reasons being used here. (Not even mentioning the fact of how easy it is to avoid, and the results are all positive if you are in fact effected by it unwantedly).

Edited by Scar

Once again..what some think are silly and lame..others take serously. Does not make them wrong or you right. And if they do quit over a event like this affecting them...I would say BW lost some subs when it could be easily avoided by smart design.

If this is based on RP and story then people should be able to shoot infected people on sight to try and stop the plague....

At first, after hearing the tannoy announcements, this is EXACTLY what I thought was going to be happening and I was thinking...oh dear me...this could get ugly.

It really is a matter of "choice". :cool:

So Bioware puts in a event, that if you are adamant about it, can net you 50k+ credits every 30 minutes or so. Why would you NOT choose to participate in this? Even if its just getting infected randomly in fleet or questing?

Or is this one of those "I will play devils advocate to troll and/or just because I can" situations?

Im really confused by this mindset. Why are people having a problem with Bioware adding an event that gives you free credits? Spam fleet general, 2 minutes later, dna samples traded for credits. Go to Tatooine and sell them for more even. Man. smh...

- I say let us non infected players "kill/attack" infected players.

and then you loot the DNA sample from them.

- and get daily commendations out of it .

- and if you're infected and you also get dna samples by infected them during incubation phase (ie. nausea/dizzy phase)

-----

If you don't want to get infected, then get the vaccine.

-----

but then again, you can't attack in the fleet.

I suppose so :p lol.

@Qura don't use the "poor alts" excuse. If you have alts that are 'that' poor you'd be happy as a spring bird over the money that the samples net you when you're infected. And a no-penalty respawn with rewards is hardly a bad thing.

You're still working off the concept that I want to have anything to do with the event and that I should just cause it gives me credits. Sorry but no. I still have no interest in the ghoul event just cause some credits are being thrown around.

Why does blowing up in a fashionable and pretty manner that bad?

Still working under the impression I want to have anything to do with a poorly designed event. Sorry, at no time does blowing up colorfully even remotely sound interesting.

If you like it thats great. I'm not saying just get rid of the event, but damn you'd think BW could design it a little smarter.

If it was created correctly, people that wanted to participate could and those that think it's rather stupid could avoid it.

If it was designed correctly, you or anyone else would have never made it off the planet.

I don't get it.

If you are leveling, you shouldn't have problems.

If you only do warzones, it MAY happen that if you hit someone infected, and he dies near you, you get infected, but it's rare.

If you stay in the fleet / do PVE, well, just don't stand near the pvp daily quests terminal, or really crowded areas.

One of the things that makes the event fun, is the possibility of infect other people (and let's face it, it's not a big deal anyway)

For you. Why do people have a hard time with others reacting to some things which they themselves have no issues with? Or is that some just want to make fun or put down those who donot like the same things they do? This event could have been done without causing this tread to even exist in the first place.

- I say let us non infected players "kill/attack" infected players.

and then you loot the DNA sample from them.

- and get daily commendations out of it .

- and if you're infected and you also get dna samples by infected them during incubation phase (ie. nausea/dizzy phase)

-----

If you don't want to get infected, then get the vaccine.

-----

but then again, you can't attack in the fleet.

Infected vs Non infected even if only for a day or 2 before the event ends and the plague is contained. Now THAT is an epic event.

Exponential more complains too from the looks of it.

So Bioware puts in a event, that if you are adamant about it, can net you 50k+ credits every 30 minutes or so. Why would you NOT choose to participate in this? Even if its just getting infected randomly in fleet or questing?

Or is this one of those "I will play devils advocate to troll and/or just because I can" situations?

Im really confused by this mindset. Why are people having a problem with Bioware adding an event that gives you free credits? Spam fleet general, 2 minutes later, dna samples traded for credits. Go to Tatooine and sell them for more even. Man. smh...

Once again...a person who thinks everyone should feel the way they do? Is getting credits the main reason we play the game? Enjoy the event..do it until you puke your guts out...but donot infect me when I donot want to be.

Once again..what some think are silly and lame..others take serously. Does not make them wrong or you right. And if they do quit over a event like this affecting them...I would say BW lost some subs when it could be easily avoided by smart design.

Someone quitting over a temporary world event? I doubt BW lost any subs that they wouldn't be losing over any number of other ridiculous reasons, especially since this one was implemented so well.

Edited by KrittaB

You're still working off the concept that I want to have anything to do with the event and that I should just cause it gives me credits. Sorry but no. I still have no interest in the ghoul event just cause some credits are being thrown around.

Still working under the impression I want to have anything to do with a poorly designed event. Sorry, at no time does blowing up colorfully even remotely sound interesting.

If you like it thats great. I'm not saying just get rid of the event, but damn you'd think BW could design it a little smarter.

If it was created correctly, people that wanted to participate could and those that think it's rather stupid could avoid it.

If it was designed correctly, you or anyone else would have never made it off the planet.

It was designed correctly. The plague is spreading. You do not have a choice in that. Either hide like a Sith moisture farmer or face it like a true Jedi.

Either way, you cannot ignore this plague.

And you also cannot ever...EVER...say you RP.

I hope Bioware will read these threads carefully and see it's only like a couple of posters repeating the same stuff over and over that are against this event, and that the very vast majority (like 99%) are having fun with it.

And it's even better in game... I have yet to see a single person complain about being infected. Even the "newbies/lowbies" who get it on the fleet first ask on the general chat what the hell it is, and then laugh and actually want to participate.

The developers must NOT give in to a couple of people on forums who are on some sort of crusade because there was actually some player interaction going beyond the "group 2 kill" in a MMORPG.

Here's the thing: you can dislike it all you want, but people are going to point out the incongruity of not liking something because of the reasons.

Wanting to not be affected by anything but on their own terms?

You said MMORPG and highlighted the RPG, but let's now highlight the MM (you know, the part that people keep saying it's not enough of?) part.

These games are full of other people, and you can be affected by them (positively and negatively) throughout gameplay. Isolating it to where they can not takes it further and further from the MMOG and more into the single player aspect that so many people seem to complain about.

So hate the event all you want, but your criticism wont exist in a vacuum. People will comment on it. Especially when you consider a lot of the reasons being used here. (Not even mentioning the fact of how easy it is to avoid, and the results are all positive if you are in fact effected by it unwantedly).

A few things....

First, it's true that it's an MMO, but remember that even the MM parts of it are regulated by policy. BW does not want people having a miserable time because of other players' behavior.

Second, it's really not other players that are ultimately changing people's experiences, but the design BW chose to implement with this event. Regardless of how an MMO can behave dynamically, there are still core gameplay mechanics which this plague is changing, and I think its perfectly reasonable that people who enjoyed the mechanics of the game as it was may be a bit unhappy with this.

Finally, and this is the biggest problem I have right now:

With exceptions, of course, I have noticed an unfortunate trend. When folks say they like the event, the folks who don't like it generally respond with something like, "It's good that you like it, but I don't and here's why."

When folks say they don't like it, those who do generally respond with something like, "You just have to complain, don't you, you troll. Go unsubscribe if you feel that way, your kind is bad for the game anyways!"

Again, these are not hard and fast, universal truths, but they have been fairly strong trends. There's rarely any actual intellectual discussion of the points involved.

That I find very unfortunate.