How the Rakghoul on Taris are explained ?

Angedechu

Isn't rakghoul plague a disease? Contracted by the bite of a rakghoul? So you originally needed only few or even one of them, which then multiplied and kept on infecting more people.

The Muur amulet can turn non-force users into rakghouls at much accelerated speed, but its not the only source of rakghouls. As far as I know.

Note: this is an opinion. I have not yet played as far as Taris in TOR myself.

Edited by Karkais

I agree lore leak and memory leak on the same planet!

Lol.

The bite of a Rakghoul is contagious, so if there was ever just one left from the original Muur Talisman the potential to spread would still be there. Since it affects virtually any species it can continuously spread. The arrival of colonists and refugees probably sustained it through the years.

The Rakghouls started out as one of Naga Sadow's Sith Experiments while he was still Dark Lord of the Sith way back when. They were created with Sith Magic and eventualy became a major threat to Naga Sadow's Sith Empire so he exiled his creations to Taris where they remain to this day. Naga Sadow designed the Rakghouls so that whenever an enemy was infected with the plague, they would become a twisted and savage monster that would obey Sadow's commants from his Meditation Sphere. This way he could conquer entire systems without deploying any troops using only the Rakghoul plague, however, the Rakghouls resisted his domination and rebelled.

Hope this answers some questions. :)

The Rakghouls started out as one of Naga Sadow's Sith Experiments while he was still Dark Lord of the Sith way back when. They were created with Sith Magic and eventualy became a major threat to Naga Sadow's Sith Empire so he exiled his creations to Taris where they remain to this day. Naga Sadow designed the Rakghouls so that whenever an enemy was infected with the plague, they would become a twisted and savage monster that would obey Sadow's commants from his Meditation Sphere. This way he could conquer entire systems without deploying any troops using only the Rakghoul plague, however, the Rakghouls resisted his domination and rebelled.

Hope this answers some questions. :)

i thought they were created by karness muur with his muur talisman

There is one Republic sidequest that suggests that Rakghouls were created by exposure to a specific chemical. In the Republic bonus series, there is a quest where they say the Rakghouls were the creation of an application of the dark side. The interesting thing is what they suggest about the future of the Rakghouls(at least if you choose light side and are on the Republic, dunno about the Empire quests).

Yeah, they originate from Karness Muur and his talisman crafted through the use of Sith Alchemy and Sorcery.

The infection is actually one of the most insidious creations of the Dark Side to date, by my reckoning. Muur creates it. It then leaves his sphere-of-control and settles into a biosphere entrenching itself like a true biological organism. That there have been pharmacological treatments/cures only hints at it's subtlety. It responds to same, but cannot be eradicated by such as mere drugs cannot stem the tide of the Dark Side's corruptive effects through the organelles that most every lifeform has and cannot do without...that being the organelle that ties lifeforms to the Force to begin with....midichlorians.

The midichlorians aren't light-side exclusive connectors to the Force, thus allowing the Dark Side to work nearly unimpeded on a biological lifeform to infect and rapidly mutate said being into the Rakghoul end-state.

He gets little mention, but Muur was as gifted in his abilities as Palpatine or Sadow were in theirs.