Legacy Repair Droid is junk

GalenDurron

I just bought the Legacy Repair droid yesterday and I'm not a happy camper. According to the description of the unlock, it says "Unlocks an astromech droid on all characters' ships that buys items, repairs gear, and sells unique modifications for your protocol droid" What a load of road apples. I wasted a million credits on this thing, it sells 1 modification, the sensor, just different varieties. C2 is a useless droid that sits on my ship and runs errands. He can't fight and Doc is a better healer so all he is good for is crafting and crew skills missions. All the different sensor mods do is give him a small bonus to a particular crew skill, along the same style as all your other crew members (for example, Lord Scourge has a +10 bonus to artificing efficiency and archaeology efficiency). But Scourge, and all my other companions also tank and dps. C2 stands on the ship and tells me about the dust in my quarters. I spent 1,000,000 credits because it said "modifications" not "multiple varities of the same modification". If I could, I'd return this useless droid but now I'm out 1mil for practically nothing. Oh sure, he can repair and sell...yeah, I do that every time before I leave a planet, and unless this droid gives me discounted repairs (he doesn't) it's a worthless ability. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well its been pretty common knowledge that the items it would sell would be to let you customize the droid for crafting. The Droid exists for crafting, I don't know why you want so desperately to turn him into a combat companion. :p

This driod is 100% exactly what the Devs described it to be.

If you spent some time on the internets and bothered looking up what he sold you would have found it. Their is nothing wrong with this part of the game, and you are only out of 1 mill credits due to your own ignorance.

Wait just a moment.

So we now can get affection with the ship droids; and there is a modification for +5 cybertech crit?

That would make the ship droid the best possible cybertech crafter! Thanks for the information, I'll be purchasing this little guy asap.

Okay, well its been pretty common knowledge that the items it would sell would be to let you customize the droid for crafting. The Droid exists for crafting, I don't know why you want so desperately to turn him into a combat companion. :p

Not into a combat companion, into a better crafting companion (since that is all he does). All this sensor does is make him on-par with the other companions crafting ability, but they all have multiple uses, he has just the one.

In response to the other people commenting with, I'm bothered by the fact that (as I already stated, but you clearly didn't bother to read) it said "modifications" plural. As in more than 1. Not mutiple varieties of the same piece.

Wait just a moment.

So we now can get affection with the ship droids; and there is a modification for +5 cybertech crit?

That would make the ship droid the best possible cybertech crafter! Thanks for the information, I'll be purchasing this little guy asap.

Sadly one cannot buy any enhanced crit chance for Artifice, that was al I hoped will be there...

This driod is 100% exactly what the Devs described it to be.

If you spent some time on the internets and bothered looking up what he sold you would have found it. Their is nothing wrong with this part of the game, and you are only out of 1 mill credits due to your own ignorance.

So it's ignorance to go by the tooltip written by the people who made the game, that tells you what the droid sells. And it's my fault for not assuming it what was written wouldn't be accurate? I see, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me chief.

Edited by Meluna
rude

the ship droid was never designed for combat, he says so and has said so since launch. it is common knowledge that the ship droid is there for crafting purposes.

and multiple varieties of 1 type of modification are still multiple different modifications. They all go in the same slot but it still sells multiple modifications.

Not into a combat companion, into a better crafting companion (since that is all he does). All this sensor does is make him on-par with the other companions crafting ability, but they all have multiple uses, he has just the one.

In response to the other people commenting with, I'm bothered by the fact that (as I already stated, but you clearly didn't bother to read) it said "modifications" plural. As in more than 1. Not mutiple varieties of the same piece.

All of the mods do different things. So, they are all different. You just misinterpreted the meaning.

I just bought the Legacy Repair droid yesterday and I'm not a happy camper. According to the description of the unlock, it says "Unlocks an astromech droid on all characters' ships that buys items, repairs gear, and sells unique modifications for your protocol droid" What a load of road apples. I wasted a million credits on this thing, it sells 1 modification, the sensor, just different varieties. C2 is a useless droid that sits on my ship and runs errands. He can't fight and Doc is a better healer so all he is good for is crafting and crew skills missions. All the different sensor mods do is give him a small bonus to a particular crew skill, along the same style as all your other crew members (for example, Lord Scourge has a +10 bonus to artificing efficiency and archaeology efficiency). But Scourge, and all my other companions also tank and dps. C2 stands on the ship and tells me about the dust in my quarters. I spent 1,000,000 credits because it said "modifications" not "multiple varities of the same modification". If I could, I'd return this useless droid but now I'm out 1mil for practically nothing. Oh sure, he can repair and sell...yeah, I do that every time before I leave a planet, and unless this droid gives me discounted repairs (he doesn't) it's a worthless ability. But don't take my word for it, see for yourself. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/itemssold.jpg/

I see multiple mods when I click on that link so maybe you put up the wrong link? Besides those mods make it to where you can give him an increase in chance on any and all missions. Sounds pretty good to me seeing as how he has no stats. Plus if you give him a gift it's gonna increase those chances as well so with the mods and a gift it sounds like the droid will be one of the better crafting/mission comps you have.

As in more than 1. Not mutiple varieties of the same piece.
They're not the same piece. They all do different things, they improve different crew skills.

I think you're overreacting a tad (it's certainly not junk if you bought it to improve your crafting), but it couldn't hurt for Bioware to change the tooltip to say "crafting modifications" for a little more clarity.

Edited by Ashyel

I don't know about you guys or the OP but when I see 6 mods with 6 different names that do 6 different things that you can't buy anywhere else, I see "multiple unique modifications". Seems like the description fits perfectly and the OP just got swindled by his own wishful thinking not BW.

the ship droid was never designed for combat, he says so and has said so since launch. it is common knowledge that the ship droid is there for crafting purposes.

and multiple varieties of 1 type of modification are still multiple different modifications. They all go in the same slot but it still sells multiple modifications.

I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO USE HIM FOR COMBAT! Seriously, what the frack people? If your going to take the time to respond, at least do me the curtesy of reading the goddamn post accurately. Boggles my frackin mind. And your idea of multiple modififcations is clearly different than mine, I read multiple and think different mods, you read it as more than 1 item for sale regardless of what it is.

I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO USE HIM FOR COMBAT! Seriously, what the frack people? If your going to take the time to respond, at least do me the curtesy of reading the gosh darn post accurately. Boggles my frackin mind. And your idea of multiple modififcations is clearly different than mine, I read multiple and think different mods, you read it as more than 1 item for sale regardless of what it is.

if you didn't want combat mods, what exactly were you expecting then? did you want your ship droid to have +15 efficiency and +5 crit chance with every crew skill or something? I'm a bit confused as to why you are so upset here.

I NEVER SAID I WANTED TO USE HIM FOR COMBAT! Seriously, what the frack people? If your going to take the time to respond, at least do me the curtesy of reading the gosh darn post accurately. Boggles my frackin mind. And your idea of multiple modififcations is clearly different than mine, I read multiple and think different mods, you read it as more than 1 item for sale regardless of what it is.

Here is my definition: "consisting of, including, or involving more than one" I have Webster on my side and he seems to think that BW used the word correctly.

if you didn't want combat mods, what exactly were you expecting then? did you want your ship droid to have +15 efficiency and +5 crit chance with every crew skill or something? I'm a bit confused as to why you are so upset here.
I also want to know this. If you didn't want crafting boosts what did you expect. OP is ************ about what is there but hasn't been clear about what they actually wanted.

So it's ignorance to go by the tooltip written by the people who made the game, that tells you what the droid sells. And it's my fault for not assuming it what was written wouldn't be accurate? I see, gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up for me chief.

First off, I am not your chief pal.

Second, multiple modifications means just that, more then one. There is clearly more then one on that vendor that allows you to customize him to your liking.

Just because you came up with this grand scheme of how you would be filling all his droid spots with ubber crafting gears is in no way the fault of the devs.

And again, the information on what this driod sold has been available for a while now. If you plan to invest a significant amount of money/time into something, you should take the time before hand to check what your buying. The lack of doing so is ignorance on your part.

First off, I am not your chief pal.

Second, multiple modifications means just that, more then one. There is clearly more then one on that vendor that allows you to customize him to your liking.

Just because you came up with this grand scheme of how you would be filling all his droid spots with ubber crafting gears is in no way the fault of the devs.

And again, the information on what this driod sold has been available for a while now. If you plan to invest a significant amount of money/time into something, you should take the time before hand to check what your buying. The lack of doing so is ignorance on your part.

Show me a link, just 1 link, that tell you all the stuff the droid carries (other than the picture I linked, which I made, and didn't find elsewhere). I checked, I couldnt find one. Maybe your better at searching than I am because I found nothing other than a vague description.

:rolleyes:

It's ALWAYS ignorance to go by tooltip info in any MMO. They have bugs and inaccuracies in them just like every other feature in an MMO.

Fan sites and databases exist for a reason. Unless you have so many credits you just don't care, make good use of fan sites. ;)

Show me a link, just 1 link, that tell you all the stuff the droid carries (other than the picture I linked, which I made, and didn't find elsewhere). I checked, I couldnt find one. Maybe your better at searching than I am because I found nothing other than a vague description.

http://i.imgur.com/DO8Rm.jpg

Posted on reddit days ago.

Also since it is so hard for some people to use the internet they spend most of their day on. If you know someone who has the driod on their ship, you can buy the items off it.

So maybe to start collection that 1 mill back let people use your ship at like 10k a pop or something. Your welcome buddy.