Maintenance: June 13th, 2017

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, June 13th in order to apply Game Update 5.2.2. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 13 June 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.2.2

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Will the patch include extending the four additional eye colours, the Yellow, Blue, Green and White eyes, to being available to the other species with humanoid eyes as well? :3 so far they were only available to Humans and Cyborgs but it would be absolutely amazing to give my Twi'lek Sorcerer those Bright Yellow Eyes for example to resemble Darth Atroxa from the "Sacrifice" trailer. The additional hairstyles were previously available to humans and cyborgs only as well but it eventually was also given to other species with humanoid hair such as the Pureblood, Chiss and Miraluka too :) Edited by Ylliarus

Will the patch include extending the four additional eye colours, the Yellow, Blue, Green and White eyes, to being available to the other species with humanoid eyes as well? :3 so far they were only available to Humans and Cyborgs but it would be absolutely amazing to give my Twi'lek Sorcerer those Bright Yellow Eyes for example to resemble Darth Atroxa from the "Sacrifice" trailer. The additional hairstyles were previously available to humans and cyborgs only as well but it eventually was also given to other species with humanoid hair such as the Pureblood, Chiss and Miraluka too :)

We'll find out Monday when they post the patch notes, but doubt it. I would assume it would be for a larger patch like 5.3 but could be wrong.

We'll find out Monday when they post the patch notes, but doubt it. I would assume it would be for a larger patch like 5.3 but could be wrong.

Well I've been waiting for it ever since the eye colour were released, so I really hope it will happen sometime soon XD

Will the patch notes mention the total cost of tier 1 (230 raiting) gear with command tokens by chance? If not would it be possible to include it at all?

More then likely not. They've never posted costs before in the patch notes. Last update was that a total Tier 1 set would be 800 tokens. Will just need to see once the vendors are put in game

Will the patch notes mention the total cost of tier 1 (230 raiting) gear with command tokens by chance? If not would it be possible to include it at all?

More then likely not. They've never posted costs before in the patch notes. Last update was that a total Tier 1 set would be 800 tokens. Will just need to see once the vendors are put in game

Yeah Bioware have only said so far less than 800 tokens, though I am hoping that this is much, much less, my reasoning being players hitting tier 2 should have enough tokens to get a full set as anyone who can seriously level that far are likely to be getting better gear as they are likely to be doing operations or PvP which reward cxp and better gear that T1, if a player has to be well into tier 2 almost 3 before they can get T1 gear who are they really aiming at with this change?

Any plans on fixing the KOTFE Chapter 9 Romance Bug?

I really hope it gets fixed someday as I almost don't want to take a character through kotfe in fear of it bugging out on me, yes its a virtual romance but with story games such as this bugs like this lessen my enjoyment by quite a lot.

Eric, I don't want to sound ungrateful. I have resubscribed because of the GSF changes, I really appreciate that you guys are once again looking towards this amazing part of the game. However, the ships you're giving new players aren't great (to put it lightly).

The Comet Breaker is usable, it has a railgun and barrel roll. It's still inferior to the other two gunships, though. The Sledgehammer is a weak ship though, and it's not one that can be used in serious matchuos. I know this is probably too late to change, but the Warcarrier would've been a much better choice.

My fear is that players will now invest in these ships (as I did in the Star Guard when I started out) and be destroyed by players who did their research and found out what ships are best.

That being said, it's probably too late to do anything about it. Thanks for the new cosmetics and reduced costs, they're nice for veteran and new players alike. I really hope you'll be looking at GSF more in the future~

"Tier 1 gear can now be purchased directly for Command Tokens. Any remaining Tier 1 unassembled pieces can be traded in for Command Tokens via the Reclaimer Droid located on the fleet."

Perhaps i'm just being hopeful, but by "remaining T1 pieces" does that include shells previously received thru tier 1 crates/operations? So for instance, can the Tier 1 chest piece shell I earned early on be turned in for command tokens?

Not going to lie - the GSF changes look really good for new players.

The Legacy CXP - well not so good. This 25% is a bad joke on top of all the RNG we have seen.

Not only is the 25% Legacy cxp thing a total joke, it is only good from levels 1-299 and then it stops working. What made them think that we want to settle for less cxp from doing things when we reach level 300. That's just stupid in my opinion.

The thing is that I agree that they need to do things to make playing alts easier, but now they are trying to incentivize playing alts over playing main characters, and that seems silly too. It would have been better if all cxp was legacy wide, and you only had to grind to max tier one time.

And sadly no "The Bright Yellow Eyes, Bright Blue Eyes, Vibrant Green Eyes and White Eyes appearance options will now be available to Twi'lek, Togruta, Mirialan, Rattataki, Zabrak and Cathar as well". Every time there is a patch note release I keep hoping so badly I will read that line. Maybe one day... Bioware please! D: Edited by Ylliarus

• Dev Post
You should check the German translation. It says that the Nightlife event is coming back in August.

Thank you for the heads up, I will get that cleared up.

Since you're introducing rating 246 crafting schematics, I hope you remembered to add Grade 10 materials to Jawa vendors.

I confirmed with the team that you can in fact get Grade 10 materials from the Jawa Scrap Vendors. They also noted that they are more expensive than other materials so I got some clarification on the exact scrap costs by quality:

• Premium - 12 per
  • Prototype - 6 per
  • Artifact - 3 per

I will get this information added to the patch notes as well!

-eric