Raids, Repair Bills, and Requests for Credits on the loot table

My gear is now getting to the point where it is mostly raid epics and oranges with epic mods inside.

On heroic boss attempts last night, my gear went into the red zone. My total repair cost was 63k. The average progression raid will put me into paying this cost twice.

The issue here is that a full boss clear of normal modes does not seem to make the player anywhere near the 60k that 1 repair would cost. Progression will be a huge credit sink for hardcore guilds regardless of this change, but it would be a huge relief if we got some kind of monetary compensation for downing bosses. (10k a boss?)

The problem most of our raiders are having right now, is that doing an operation requires players to sink an additional 2-3 hours outside of raid times to just farm up the credits needed to play the game system we enjoy. For those of us that have full time work/school, this is a very big time commitment.

Let me start by saying that I understand your issue with the current system and I feel your pain.

Yet, I find it sort of interesting that it is a sort of risk vs reward type of scenario you have going there... now you've gone so far, so fast, that limitations within the game are dictating your capacity to do the things that you want to do in the game. You can't afford to raid but you want to raid... very interesting. You need to decide, "Do I progress today, or save for tomorrow?"

I think you'll get over it pretty fast ;)

My only solution for you is to try slicing... 60k is < 2-3 hours of slicing (a raid duration,) and you can do it while you're raiding. Otherwise, spend your time earning those credits so you can maintain your pace.

Edited by ZeroNeutral

Yep, slicing. I'll tick 30 tonight, and we've set a raid start for a few months from now, so I anticipate being silly rich by then and more than able to cover costs. Prior planning prevents poor performance ;)

I completely understand the rush to log HM kills. I can hardly wait myself. But I aim to be well prepared for the progression before going into it.

And good luck!

If you have farm credits for 2-3 hours to cover repair costs for the normal deaths incurred in one raid, then that is way too high. I understand the need for credit sinks, but that is ridiculous. And everybody can't be slicers, why have the other crafting options if you are forced down one route for credit farming purposes?

Hah, we can't all go slicing...We actually use our crew skills to make stuff.

Right. I have Artiface and archaeology as well. The stuff I "lost" by dropping treasure hunting is only needed for crafting blues and purples, and I can buy what I need off the market quite easily.

I get what you're saying though, and I am not disagreeing with you on having credits in the loot table. Or a reduced repair cost? But for now, until BW does something, this is a reliable choice.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, my issue with the high repair costs is that any basic mechanic of a game (i.e. repair costs) should never inhibit gameplay. The fact that I must either choose slicing or farm credits for hours to perform a basic but essential function inhibits gameplay. I can't use that money to buy things off of the GTN and make things to sell, I can't save up for that new speeder, I can't do anything except wait to see how much I have left after a few wipes. Lower repair costs is the easiest fix I see for this, but I suppose each boss dropping a very generous amount of credits is also fair and would work.

As things are now, it feels like I'm putting in alot of time and effort for the CHANCE to win gear but a guranteed repair bill that will set me back quite a ways unless I chose the ONE profession that makes a ton of money easily (even after the nerf), which is not fair to me or any other player.

The investment to make money in this game has a high curve, but once you're over the curve you'll have more money than you know what to do with. Do ilum and belsavis dailies for a week (maybe a 2 hour commitment) to build up initial assets, then you'll never be short on credits for anything.

While you're at it, actually use your crew skill. I make 200-300k / day for a 15 minute investments from selling a single discovered implant.

I hate to tell you, but this is an MMO. Grinding is part of the game. Once you get endgame you do dailies (these net me a good 100k or more easily per day) and raid/pvp.

Yeah except I don't think there's anyone who really considers grinding fun...

10-20 stims - 60k

40+ medpacs - 60k

repair costs on a hard raiding push in raid purples (2-3 red gear repairs) - 120k

"potential" daily cost around the 200k mark

"congratulations" you beat boss x, heres 63 credits

that there is the issue, would 8-10k each per boss be too much to ask?

10-20 stims - 60k

40+ medpacs - 60k

repair costs on a hard raiding push in raid purples (2-3 red gear repairs) - 120k

I'm alittle surprised a competitive raid guild are the ones complaining about this. If you Dont want to take a few days off to farm more credits that's fine. But understand if you want to raid everyday to get the number one spot you need to sacrifice time to farm also.

The bosses are to easy you complain, not enough money to raid all day your complaining. I actually enjoy seeing the raid race with higher end guilds, unfortunately my life dictates I can not put in the time to raid at the highest level anymore. But when I did, I understood to be a member in that type of guild required more than just being on for raids during progression. I needed the time to farm mats , credits and whatever else was needed.

Kinda disappointed Nerf Dialogue, I thought you viewed competitive raiding the right way.

Edited by SirGiLLam

If you could spend all day in Nightmare Soe and kill him in a week, what would you and everyone be saying?

Wow this is way to easy for endgame raiding. Correct?

There is a price to failure, and in this case it's credits. If you want to raid with the bigboys, put on your bigboy pants and get to it. If not relax your schedule and farm credits to pay for repairs while you learn the fight.

Edited by SirGiLLam

10-20 stims - 60k

40+ medpacs - 60k

Are you just making things up? I provide stims for my entire raid and it hasn't really affected my income enough to notice. It doesn't cost anywhere near 60k to do missions for the mats, and it's even cheaper if you manually gather.

Any guild that has 3 full repairs in a night is either god awful, with every attempt lasting less than 3 minutes, or is raiding for 8 hours. The latter is plausible, but any guild that is going to devote 8 hours to a single raid night is good enough to kill the current content in half that time.

10-20 stims - 60k

40+ medpacs - 60k

Well, blue stims may save you quite a chunk out of that. Probably a good start =P

Also, making credits for people who do other stuff than raid is far too easy, so expect hyper-inflation on the GTN, if only for twinked leveling characters. So selling just a few random crafted pieces of gears will soon easily cover all of that as everyone will be running around with a few million. Hell, soon you can just sell purple ingredients to cover your expenses at the pace people are getting credits.

Edited by PhoenixMatrix

When Naexus says Stims, they probably mean Adrenals, which you will definitely go through 20 easily in a night

So......if you want to try for world first, there are prices and sacrifices to be made. Don't complain that the price for world first is to high.

And I am sure they will adjust the credit drop from bosses at some point. But the point here isn't for normal raid guilds. This is supposed to be a highend progression guild complaining cause to achieve world/NA world first it's taking to much commitment for there guild to achieve.

well you talking about grinding cash for repair bills,. but as a tank im taking all the damage all the time + the wipes.. after a flash point (figuring out tactics)75k on repairs..and crap under level items and almost no cash as a reward for clearing it,. and that was 1 flash point not even a day of "raiding" .. i burn through 250k a day doing flash point/world bosses ect as main tank for guild,. basicly my daily's and space mission cash all goes to repair bill.. and sometimes it doesnt even cover it. cmonn making a lil cash from gaming all day would be nice,. and not have to rely on a GTN cash flow to have some pocket change.

Interesting, I actually came to the forum to look for any posts regarding repairs. I just dinged 50 a few hours ago, and in average gear I just sank almost 100k repairs in doing an evening of hardmodes with friends. That, actually, was all the credits I had left, so now I'm down to 10k. Now naturally I'll be doing dailies tomorrow, but we'll also be doing hardmodes tomorrow again and with our severe undergeard-ness (like... severe), inexperience and our determination to find out everything ourselves, testing mechanics, etc., 100k of another repairs, if not more, seems very plausible.

I dunno, I'm really worried for my credits income. :eek: I never minded penalties for deaths, I raid hardcore in WOW still and the amount of gold I spend on that is insane, but at least I know repairs aren't gonna limit everything else I do in the game like SWTOR atm is: I wanted to farm credits to get the new mount skill, and to maybe buy some gear, but by the looks of it that's just not gonna happen.

I was gonna ask if it gets any better later, but according to this topic it really doesn't, so what now? :confused: I'm always a terrible goldfarmer. I make gold based on the occasional happy drops I get or the dailies I do and that's that, but for tonight this was barely enough.

Also, we're not bad players, believe it or not, so I can only wonder how it is for people who ARE very new to the MMO genre and are, essentially, really clueless. Is this really intended? :eek:

Exit area will save you a lot of money in the long run. High repair costs will also make you a smarter player by not getting aggro and avoiding splash dmg better because if you are 3 of the 16 people who didnt wipe you get to exit area with no repair costs :)

Do your dailies. Awards around 22 daily commendations and somewhere around 175k for like an hour of work with a 2-3 man group.