Anyone interested in an LGBT friendly guild? [Republic]

Odjii

With the growing server community due to f2p, I feel now would be a great time to have one on The Shadowlands. The Harbinger has a few, why not us?

First and foremost we're gamers, so everyone is welcomed to join.

If you're new to TOR or a veteran player such as myself (been here since pre-launch) let me know here and we'll start planning the details. The idea behind this guild will be to assist new players with leveling and learning the game in a non-discriminatory setting. Ultimately, I'd like to see this guild to grow and do progressive raiding and ranked PVP. . Likeminded LGBT gamers such as myself who enjoy the social aspect of mmo's as well as the competitiveness of PVE/PVP content would be a great fit. New players, established players, alts, and of course you server hoppers out there are more than welcomed to join.

Best of luck to you.

If you're not trying to set up something that is exclusive, you may find that some of the more established social guilds already have rules/guidelines in place to help promote a positive environment for all their members LGBT or otherwise. OTG certainly never seemed to have a problem with openly gay members when I was there (current members may be able to confirm whether this is still the case), and I am sure there are plenty of other safe havens.

The good guilds tend to have a policy along the lines of 'don't be an *** to anyone else in the guild, no exceptions'.

Best of luck to you.

If you're not trying to set up something that is exclusive, you may find that some of the more established social guilds already have rules/guidelines in place to help promote a positive environment for all their members LGBT or otherwise. OTG certainly never seemed to have a problem with openly gay members when I was there (current members may be able to confirm whether this is still the case), and I am sure there are plenty of other safe havens.

The good guilds tend to have a policy along the lines of 'don't be an *** to anyone else in the guild, no exceptions'.

pretty much this, i've yet to see a guild that is discriminatory against people for any reason other then being a bad player:)

It's more about escaping the heteronormative views of most gamers. For example, all too often players refer to negative aspects of gaming as "gay" and while this may not be offensive to all homosexuals, to some it is and I would like to establish an ingame environment where LGBT members can interact and game with other LGBT members unperturbed.

On an anecdote, all males on vent flirting with the one female member makes me personally uncomfortable, as well as a bunch of guys talking about their sex lives. I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear about mines. Trust me you may not understand, but guilds like these have a purpose.

Edited by Odjii

The best way to stop discrimination is to stop talking about it -Morgan Freeman

Most guilds already have a clear policy as mentioned "Dont be an ***"

My guild is the same. We have some ruffians (including me) but if we have someone who isnt comfortable with it theyre more than welcome to say so and we will pipe it down.

• 4 years later...