Nightmare Pilgrim should be an instance

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys dont wanna get wiped because of PvP, play on a PvE server or go do 16 man Denova. I really think it should be that simple. Come back to Pilgrim later when you are less likely to get attacked by opposing faction, or bring enough extra people to scout the area while you down the boss.

If you guys dont wanna get wiped because of PvP, play on a PvE server or go do 16 man Denova. I really think it should be that simple. Come back to Pilgrim later when you are less likely to get attacked by opposing faction, or bring enough extra people to scout the area while you down the boss.

As I understand, you don't need to PvP at all to cause the wipe of the entire operation, wheather is your own faction or not. PvP, PvE server is irrelevant. If what other posters said it's true, all you need to do is just attack the boss. Everyone dies. Attempt disrupted. So it seems that NP can only be taken down if trolls and griefers allow it. That's stupid.

Do 16 Denova instead of NP ? Is that a serious suggestion ?

all you need to do is just attack the boss. Everyone dies. Attempt disrupted. So it seems that NP can only be taken down if trolls and griefers allow it. That's stupid.

you guys must have a really hateful NMP or something on your server.

on our's, anyone over the initial 16 on the aggro list, automatically gets wtfpwnt, even if they have the inhibitor.

our group actually sees this a lot, where either they try to help, or hurt, the people waiting around (with inhibitor buff) will die within 3-4 seconds of engaging the boss.

i'm pretty sure that's how it's SUPPOSE to work too, so if that's not what's happening on your server, you may want to put in a ticket.

Black Hole Boots work just the same, and if you want the set bonus, you can get 4 pieces to the set without needing the boots at all.

yes, but if you wanted a different chest for different color, say. you're stuck with the boots.

yes, but if you wanted a different chest for different color, say. you're stuck with the boots.
Campaign Sets transfer to whatever Adaptive Gear you want, you can quite literally have whichever Adaptive Chest you want. Black Hole Mods from the boots can as well be put in any Adaptive gear you want as well without the Set Bonus.

NMP ?

on our's, anyone over the initial 16 on the aggro list, automatically gets wtfpwnt, even if they have the inhibitor.

our group actually sees this a lot, where either they try to help, or hurt, the people waiting around (with inhibitor buff) will die within 3-4 seconds of engaging the boss.

i'm pretty sure that's how it's SUPPOSE to work too, so if that's not what's happening on your server, you may want to put in a ticket.

I think that's the exploit. If you're in an a-holish mood, you just wait for the group to engage. When they're close to down it, to make it worth, you attack the boss. Wipe.

The only reason to do Nightmare Pilgrim is for the Coral Speeder. He is totally unworthy of doing for any other reason that you can't do in EC.

Aside from what others have said, I think Pilgrim it's the only source in game for the +41 power magenta crystal schematic.

NMP ?

NMP = NightMare Pilgrim

I think that's the exploit. If you're in an a-holish mood, you just wait for the group to engage. When they're close to down it, to make it worth, you attack the boss. Wipe.

first i've heard of this, and i have definitely never seen this. does anyone have any proof of this?

Aside from what others have said, I think Pilgrim it's the only source in game for the +41 power magenta crystal schematic.

i have no idea about this. I thought the hoth and belsavis bosses both had a chance to drop it too? but i'm not an artifice, nor care about magenta, so i'm definitely not up on this.

Thi is indeed how it works. I didn't attack the boss but I engaged in combat in the area and was struck down with 148k damage. Their raid group attacking the boss was fine though.

I thought this was fixed after all the (legitimate) qq

I don't know if it was a fluke that this happened or not. Dreskord was doing his aoe right on top of 3 sith players attacking me and he didn't get flagged. My wife either, although hen she gave me her crit buff she got flagged.

Thi is indeed how it works. I didn't attack the boss but I engaged in combat in the area and was struck down with 148k damage. Their raid group attacking the boss was fine though.

there needs to be a snopes for SWTOR or something, so you can just link debunked urban myths when someone claims some crazy thing.

i have no idea about this. I thought the hoth and belsavis bosses both had a chance to drop it too? but i'm not an artifice, nor care about magenta, so i'm definitely not up on this.

Gargath can drop a magenta schematic (I don't know about the Belsavis boss though), but it's a lower version. I think it's a level 49 item with +33 power.

I don't know if it was a fluke that this happened or not. Dreskord was doing his aoe right on top of 3 sith players attacking me and he didn't get flagged. My wife either, although hen she gave me her crit buff she got flagged.

they fixed that a while back, you can't get flagged through AOE effects, only direct damage. AFTER you are flagged, your AOE will do damage.

buffing a friendly target that's pvp flagged has always (and continues) to flag you - that's an intended mechanic.

If I am being completely honest here....

I understand the frustration of the players getting wiped.

But in all honesty... lets remember that we are playing a game. A Role Playing game. Even if you are not on an RP server its a mmoRPG.

If I am trying to down content or just happen to be near by and see a group of my arch rivals and most hated enemies trying to organize and accomplish something great, and I can stop them, I would.

It was a intentionally designed this way. It is a world boss. They made it this way because you do not HAVE to do the boss. You get a buff that is unique and special to the encounter because the encounter iteself is unique and special.

Its the whole point of the fight.

And no, I have neither downed NP or engaged in the griefing of plaers trying to down NP.

they fixed that a while back, you can't get flagged through AOE effects, only direct damage. AFTER you are flagged, your AOE will do damage.

buffing a friendly target that's pvp flagged has always (and continues) to flag you - that's an intended mechanic.

Funny because tht is what the guy who reported me said happened. We stepped in his aoe, he was flagged. Healer healed him, now healer is flagged. Healer heal tank, now tank is flagged. Tank has someone guarded, now that dudes flagged.

That's what he said happened and I cant duplicate it.

That's why I said I dn know if it was a fluke or not.

All I know is when I got to NMP there were a lot of people flagged and so I attacked them. They weren't fighting NMP at that time.

I still find myself laughing because it was like 5 on 1 and I would kill 3 of them. Granted, I had my healer companion out, but they had a dedicated healer. I just killed their healer used cool downs. Guarded by the force followed by medical when low, an next thing I know there are 3 on the ground!

They seldomly went after my doc. Lol. Still cracks me up.

Edited by sphyg

NMP = NightMare Pilgrim

first i've heard of this, and i have definitely never seen this. does anyone have any proof of this?

That isn't the only way to cause a wipe either. There are several others that I will not post about that are just as easily done by one person.

That isn't the only way to cause a wipe either. There are several others that I will not post about that are just as easily done by one person.

It only takes one sadly. How anyone thinks that this is a valid game mechanic is beyond me. :confused:

It only takes one sadly. How anyone thinks that this is a valid game mechanic is beyond me. :confused:

my group has been at the receiving end of a taunt-grief. it's frustrating, but ultimately, they left after 1. I guess the threat of being ostracized publically was enough.

This argument confuses me. :confused:

I asked this before in another thread dont think anyone answered me so ill ask again.

How is it fun to schedule a raid with your guild. Get everyone there. Make sure everyone has the alphawave inhibitor. Then have another guild run up and ninja the stone? Or have another guild start attacking and get you all wiped instantly. Wheres the fun in that? You cant retaliate against it can you? No way to get back at them? No challenge involved on either side. if they're gonna make it like that they should get rid of the one shot ability the mob has and make it so that anyone who attacks the pilgrim becomes PvP flagged. or make it so that if a group of the same faction jumps in it becomes a contribution race whoever does the most damage gets credit for the kill.

You retaliate by killing the people from the other faction. That's kinda how world pvp works. On PvP servers, the raid time can often be taken up just by the back and forth world pvp that happens fighting over the right to kill a world boss.

if you don't like it, you should be on a PvE server.

And then they wonder why there's no world pvp in this game, when the players on the pvp servers don't even know what world pvp is about.

Edited by YanksfanJP

You retaliate by killing the people from the other faction. That's kinda how world pvp works. On PvP servers, the raid time can often be taken up just by the back and forth world pvp that happens fighting over the right to kill a world boss.

if you don't like it, you should be on a PvE server.

And then they wonder why there's no world pvp in this game, when the players on the pvp servers don't even know what world pvp is about.

You should go back and re-read the entire post before commenting.