Keith's 3/4/2018 Interview with the Bad Feeling Podcast

Kurj

well...variation ? ...screw the rep hypocrites and imp power hungry obsessed ppl ? ...i kinda liked going against them...and hate the fact that i am forced to be part of them..again...:(

I understand, but the alliance imo, just seemed so bland. Everyone working together in Harmony. It felt like the least star wars to me.

I'm glad I got experience it, and I am personally glad it's coming to an end.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True stand-alone multiple factions. A Cartel faction, for example, that can swing across the two main factions. It's own alignment, etc. A versus B forever is boring.

I don't think they have the staff anymore to do something like this. But to be fair, even large MMOs like FFXIV or ESO find adding another playable faction as a metric crapton of work.

They had their chance for something unique with the Alliance when KotFE dropped. You have Odessen a common ground where imps and pubs can mingle while picking up quests. But that was it... The ball was really dropped there in my opinion. We should have been able to run Star Fortresses and the arena with our new so called allies. But nope every turn you are denied outside of a couple pvp maps.

Then you are constantly lead by the nose into picking sides with the old imp and pub factions repeatedly. :rolleyes:

I agree. Players with no tolerance for anything other than

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Empire vs. Republic

Republic vs. Empire

Until the REST of us are sick of it.

Republic vs. Empire means no fresh variation. Ever. Again.

No matter how much the imp vs. pub funs scream it'll be great content, it'll be the same old story, expressed this way or that, forever. Predictable. Monotonous. There are only so many ways, which we've seen in the companion stories, to roll out imperial versus pub. All we'll get at this point is more of the same. Different names, different minor schemes, but basically just a different way to get through the same story arc.

Nothing truly unique ever again.

I agree, it's boring and tired and tedious and I DO NOT WANT IT. I LOVE my Alliance. I like getting to work with other people and not just be trapped in some mindless, completely basic JEDI GOOD! SITH BAD! rut.

It's like watching a sports team play one opposing team at every single game.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

For me the alliance staying around means no variation forever.:o

Yup.

As long as The Alliance exists the game will be constrained to a Mono-Culture, a Mono-Story, and Mono-Morality.

There has never been anything in this game as one-dimensional, stagnant and boring as The Alliance.

All The Best

Yup.

As long as The Alliance exists the game will be constrained to a Mono-Culture, a Mono-Story, and Mono-Morality.

There has never been anything in this game as one-dimensional, stagnant and boring as The Alliance.

All The Best

Really don't want to see them continue with this Blizzard/Activision storytelling route. So boring getting the same story on every character you play.. and throwing in one or two quests that are class/role specific doesn't change the fact.

But you're happy to be forced to be stuck in the Alliance; and think everyone else should be too?

All The Best

She was agreeing with my post that there should be multiple factions, not stuck in the alliance. Pay attention to what she agreed with.

Here is some clarification because obviously I'm a horrible communicator.

I did not say to keep the alliance. I did not say keep imp versus pub. I said let's broaden our scope away from merely A versus B (imp versus pub) to include C, D, and E (multiple factions, not just C = alliance).

I did not say to keep the alliance. I did not say keep imp versus pub. I said let's broaden our scope away from merely A versus B (imp versus pub) to include C, D, and E (multiple factions, not just C = alliance).

But how realistic is that with what we're given? Ideally, we could have class stories on both factions and now the alliance as its own. But I know I have a higher chance winning the lottery.

If they're able to give us imp Vs Pub or the alliance, the alliance imho, seems like the logical thing to do, as it gives you two different stories rather than just the one.

From Reddit:

Roadmap

• Fiscal year ending and Keith is busy with meetings which delayed the roadmap.
  • Keiths first time as a Lead Game Producer (April marks a year since Keith took over from Ben) so this fourth quarter stuff is new to him.
  • Keith intends to have published a yearly overview of whats happening and have quarterly ”roadmaps”.
  • This ensures players gets info from the Team and not via data mining

PvE

• New Flashpoints and Operation in 2018
  • New augments are for Master Mode players & do not affect class balance
  • Keith understands people want a full new operation at the same time, and not occasional bosses
  • The item that is rewarded form Izak won’t be available in the Cartel Market.
  • Wings will continue to be PvE Exclusive, no reskins or CM variants.

PvP

• More Warzones/PvP Activities
  • Adjustments for Skank tanks are coming along with changes to utilities
  • New activities for PvP not only centred around warzones
  • Looking at new gearing options, expertise in the discussion

Conquest (with Eric initially instead of Keith)

• Changes due to rewards bug an to enable guilds of different sizes to compete for tiers of rewards.
  • More QoL changes, Solo vs Guild contribution, Guild Leaderboards
  • Tiers of planets, ”big” plants have higher tiers to gain rewards (hinted at high point req. for personal reward)
  • Objectives gives you credits, experience and CXP, the Conquest Rewards are not finalized
  • Cleanup on how Conquest Points are Rewarded
  • Conquest will be random, this is due to how crafting weeks have enabled guilds to craft loads the week before, Keith prefers less preparation.
  • Lots of repetition of what was posted in the Conquest Update thread around SH giving bonus etc.

Others

• Story in future focused Republic vs Empire and returning companions
  • More Guild activities
  • New Augments will use existing materials, hinted towards materials that costs ”millions”; which could mean the Charged Matter Transubstantiator.
  • Galactic Command is a secondary source for gearing, not primary, that isn’t intended to change going forward
  • A ”6.0” is what they would like to do, that would mean a significant content gap prior to it.
  • Direct Sale of CM Items is working very well and will continue
  • Credit Sinks are in the conversation due to inflation
  • Subscriber Rewards will continue over the next few months

Can you or someone clarify if he means a new operation after gods and will it be a full operation released this time

From Reddit:

Thanks for posting that. My ears were starting to bleed after just one minute of listening to the podcast. I have limited patience for some kinds of broadcasts.

One thing I'm thinking is that the return to Republic vs Empire will might leave little room for Theron, Lana, Koth and anyone else who joined the alliance because they were disillusioned with whichever side they were affiliated with prior to Zakuul. They are going to need to pay for some very good writers to sort out a decent story, though I'd be quite happy if I kept my alliance and remained aligned with whoever I chose in Iokath - that would give me the opportunity to switch sides on some of my characters which we couldn't do before.

There was a hint at no new content for while before 6.0 - I welcome this if they give us an excellent new story and manage to include favoured companions to quest with us, like they did in class stories (they know by now which ones they are). They also need to add a bit of romance to give some of us something to swoon over (I'm looking at you fellow Quinnmancers and you lot also Theronites, Arcannites, Lana-ites, Lovebugs etc). There are plenty of things they can revive for us to do whilst we wait for the new expansion. WoW did it before Legion and it doesn't seem to have had a long term affect (correct me anyone who knows otherwise).

If there is any hint of a betrayal storyline and/or any being frozen in carbonite in 6.0, I fear I may well develop the ability to force choke some people in real life!

There was very little in the podcast that was not already disclosed on swtor.com and forum...

Agreed. Thanks for pointing this out as others seem to think the info was new and exclusive.

That's what would be ideal IMHO, too. For those who really want to return to Imps vs. Reps boredom, fine. But give those of us who don't another path or two.

But you're happy to be forced to be stuck in the Alliance; and think everyone else should be too?

All The Best

Can you read? The post I agreed with was saying there should be options but I guess you didn't read that, did you?

And from your view it is okay for me to have to be stuck in the empire or republic because you think that is what everyone should do. See I can turn it around just like you did. There should be options for those of us that don't want to be stuck in the Empire or Republic just like you don't want to be stuck in the Alliance but you ignore that part don't you.

Edited by casirabit

You communicate fine. I think it is people who don't take the time to read what you said because you disagree with just having two factions. You post clearly stated different types of factions not just two.

Can you read? The post I agreed with was saying there should be options but I guess you didn't read that, did you?

And from your view it is okay for me to have to be stuck in the empire or republic because you think that is what everyone should do. See I can turn it around just like you did. There should be options for those of us that don't want to be stuck in the Empire or Republic just like you don't want to be stuck in the Alliance but you ignore that part don't you.

I think we can all read perfectly fine, but misunderstandings do happen. I originally read it as what the person you quoted thought it said. And yes, Ideally, three factions or options would be awesome, but it just doesn't seem realistic to me. That's three different stories, as opposed to just the one we have now, and seemingly they want to go for 2 with IMP vs Rep.

maybe it's just me, but it doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Eshvara

I think we can all read perfectly fine, but misunderstandings do happen. I originally read it as what the person you quoted thought it said. And yes, Ideally, three factions or options would be awesome, but it just doesn't seem realistic to me. That's three different stories, as opposed to just the one we have now, and seemingly they want to go for 2 with IMP vs Rep.

maybe it's just me, but it doesn't make any sense.

I like KotFE and KotET, and I think multiple factions would be great, but l agree that it doesn't seem like a realistic expectation given recent history. At this point, I'm just happy to hear confirmation that the story will continue in any form, and I'm going to keep an open mind until I see what it is.

For me the alliance staying around means no variation forever.:o

i dont mind if you can choose to go back to imp/rep..but give me a option to dont do that !...thats what botheres me...if you made this choice, by going this route with the Alliance (you have a planet! a base! ppl ffs!)...then dont discard it , use it....:(

i dont mind if you can choose to go back to imp/rep..but give me a option to dont do that !...thats what botheres me...if you made this choice, by going this route with the Alliance (you have a planet! a base! ppl ffs!)...then dont discard it , use it....:(

It's not like I want to take things away from people, if everyone could have all the things I'd be all for it! I only think that Imp vs Rep + Alliance seems like a lot of different branches of story, and if that would mean either Imp vs Rep or just the Alliance, the logical choice (imo) would be Imp vs Rep as it offers more variation.

This is just my opinion though, but if three options is too much, two seems to me the next best thing, rather than the single one, aka the alliance!

So...my merc may very possibly lose Theron all together. Which makes me not want to play her.

Now my warrior will lose the Alliance she is the Empress of, and go back to what? Taking orders from some Imperial lap dog? No thanks.

Edited by rachetsw

So...my merc may very possibly lose Theron all together. Which makes me not want to play her.

Now my warrior will lose the Alliance she is the Empress of, and go back to what? Taking orders from some Imperial lap dog? No thanks.

This is why I said I want to keep my alliance and join with whichever side I chose in Iokath (as allies on the same side) and not disband my alliance and return to some bit part in the Empire or Republic (though the thousands of irrelevant companions can bugger off and they can remove those "alliance alerts" the minute 6.0 starts. They can also call me Empress rather than "Commander" (so sick of that). And they can remove the generic actions like the punishments - I would much rather have shocked Koth than punched him. I chose lightning on my main for a reason.

I agree that it's not looking good for Theron. Like I said Emp v Rep really doesn't have a place for Theron/Senya/Koth/Lana/Arcann (where they're kept alive) without the alliance - any new story will have to come up with something really good to include them or they will become non-entities forever (crafting fodder).