Summer of SWTOR Update

BruceMaclean

No new warzones in 2.4? I just unsubscribed. I'm bored, I'm not going to grind new PvP gear on the same 5 warzones that I played thousand times. I'm not interested in new arenas.

I love this game, I'm here since Early Acces, but it's... just too much disappointing. Seeing how many new operations and dailies areas they are giving to PvErs and how PvPers are getting... nothing?

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No new warzones in 2.4? I just unsubscribed. I'm bored, I'm not going to grind new PvP gear on the same 5 warzones that I played thousand times. I'm not interested in new arenas.

I love this game, I'm here since Early Acces, but it's... just too much disappointing. Seeing how many new operations and dailies areas they are giving to PvErs and how PvPers are getting... nothing?

"New 4v4 Warzone Arenas" ?

Exactly. I'm back to being angry and a foot out the door again :./ Wonder what the EMU looks like these days???

Seriously though, the new gear grind - we're not even given lube. It'd be one thing if, you know, this were actually a PvP only patch with all sorts of long overdue goodies. And then, yeah, here's new gear to grind.

We're basically getting at most half the patch's development, when we're beyond due a pure PvP centric patch or three.

Pretty darn good actually, I drop in and play for a week or so occasionally...

Still waiting for creature handler to be implemented but my MR template is well on the way :)

Apologies for the off topic...

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

Wow, a few people are barely starting to get their Kell Dragon armor pieces and you are already releasing in October a new set with probably higher lvl armoring & mods? Bioware, I am kinda afraid that most of the player base will not be able to keep up with the gearing race.

Edited by yoomazir

This isn't possible.

I mean, it can't be, right?

I'm out of town for BOTH events?

I'll just go eat my lightsaber now, thanks.

I hear ya!!!! I'm not able to play until Dec due to work reasons.... Oh well, it truly will be a great Xmas!!! :D

nice job bioware. 2.4 was supposed to be the "BIGGEST PVP UPDATE" since ranked came out, yet the majority of the update consists of pve. LOL.

sweet new operations. sweet new planet quests.

and only 4v4 arenas.

no class balance changes or anything.

gg bioware you're terrible

So technically speaking this is the largest PVP update we've ever had. Because lets be real. We only get 1 warzone every 6 -8 months? But to think that 2.4 was going to be the holy grail of pvp updates only to be massively disappointed... Why I gave this update a chance is beyond me. It is really too bad I am a complete sucker for SW otherwise I'd be gone a year ago.

This was suppose to be our time!

The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the bestest stuff for us. But right now they gotta do what's right for them, 'cause it's their time. Their time, up there. Down here it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.

Oh good - arenas. Lets copy a 9 year old MMO some more. Glad I'm going. Because lets face it, 1 new arena is a poor show for over 18 months of nothing in the pvp space.

I do hope you reconsider leaving. You're a valuable customer they're loosing.

Well you should wait every Patch from the summer of swtor had at least one more update after it was initally released. So before you freak out wait another 2 to 3 weeks. I agree that the situation about the amount of PvP content needs some calrification sooner then later. But i also think that we can't expect them to clarify something like that the second they released the news.

As said in another thread give a hint what else to expect in update 2.4 and be honset. If the word incredible, awesome, you are going to die when you... appears in the clarification and then later you add completely new class balancing and nothing else you will pretty much burn in hell for hyping it.

If 2.4 has no additional content but a patch 3 to 4 months after 2.4 say it say so. 4 x 4 arenas will keep most pvp players busy but if that's all they can wait for you will probably loose alot of pvp players or they leave after that content bores them again and they decide that this time they don't want to be fooled again.

Well you should wait every Patch from the summer of swtor had at least one more update after it was initally released. So before you freak out wait another 2 to 3 weeks. I agree that the situation about the amount of PvP content needs some calrification sooner then later. But i also think that we can't expect them to clarify something like that the second they released the news.

As said in another thread give a hint what else to expect in update 2.4 and be honset. If the word incredible, awesome, you are going to die when you... appears in the clarification and then later you add completely new class balancing and nothing else you will pretty much burn in hell for hyping it.

If 2.4 has no additional content but a patch 3 to 4 months after 2.4 say it say so. 4 x 4 arenas will keep most pvp players busy but if that's all they can wait for you will probably loose alot of pvp players or they leave after that content bores them again and they decide that this time they don't want to be fooled again.

2.4 is October time frame. That's not summer.

Huh, was I crying? I didn't see that. Just not surprised that people are getting angry about something when they didn't read the entire post.

Well for us PvPer's, we have seen extremely limited content, broken bolster system, resolve and cc issues, and some AC issues. We were told this update, 2.4, was the PvP update, and I know many people that are using 2.4 as the make or break for keeping subs. So with the lack of dialog with the PvP community, EA/BW track record for PvP, and with 3/4 of the released info for the PVP patch being PvE you should understand why there is concern. We are not stupid and can read we are just very concern with the lack of PvP info for the PvP patch. And yes we understand that is not a complete list.

Hello everyone!

Here is a fresh update on where we are at in terms of

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

• The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on several longer term initiatives. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these and on what’s above. Keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information!

Your tease of 2.4 being big and PvP oriented is not being portrayed here well at all. You list 2 item that PvP related and one suggest another gear gap bolster debacle.

What needs to be addressed for a PvP patch is...

• WZ maps and new WZs
  • Queue system update
  • Open World PvP areas
  • Companions and PvP
  • Crafting PvP gear
  • Season 1+
  • Legacy Valor
  • Bolster and the gear gap and progression

I'm sure there is more I'm missing here but these are some of the areas of note that NEED to be talked about from the Development team. Tell us what is probable so we can continue to sub because the future is not looking that good for PvPers.

What is the idea behind promoting 2.4 as PvP love? Show us something that is worth the grind that will be a new tier of gear.

New Operation: Dread Fortress

New Operation: Dread Palace

So are we splitting operations now as well? I thought The Dread Masters was supposed to be a single operation. :rak_02:

Now, I don't mind having smaller operations. Seven bosses in S&V was pushing the limit. My only concern is that they are using this to stretch the older content that had already been in development last summer, before the game went F2P. We do not know anything about other new flashpoints/operations in development; The Dread Masters was the last one leaked onto Torhead...

Game Update 2.4 is also in the pipe and being worked on for an October release. Even though our mantra is smaller more frequent patches this particular update is shaping up to be very big, with tons of new content and big PvP updates especially targeting Ranked play. We’ll start sharing details next month. If you absolutely *have* to glimpse the potential future, enter a Force trance and focus on these key phrases. Oricon. Warzone Arenas. Dread Masters.

Big PvP updates.

October 1 is our target for Game Update 2.4! This update is shaping up to be very big:

• The Planet Oricon, a short story arc that will bring you face-to-face with the Dread Masters.
  • New Operation: Dread Fortress
  • New Operation: Dread Palace
  • New 4v4 Warzone Arenas
  • New Elder Game PvE and PvP Gear

and we get 2 ops. :rolleyes: