Please improve sorc/sage PvP

Xargas

Sorc badly needs more means to survive. Right now it is a very easy target, especially if sorc doesn't know he should kitty his/her opponent. I played both assassin and sorc, assassin just eats sorcs for dinner. Yes, it is possible for sorc to win, I had those moments, but, every time my life was hanging by the thread, there is almost no room for mistake, not only our damage sucks, but our survivability is atrocious also. It's like they turned him into food for other classes compared to what I heard about sorcs in glory days. Some abilities from Valkorion that we had briefly to experience would be great maybe, Not that OP of course... Oh yeah, new ability has no use at all, its damage is the same as a cat bite, but even that doesn't do justice to cats...

What I would like to suggest is:

1. Make lightning spec into heavy burst spec, high damage, but not much on the defense, kill or be killed philosophy so to speak, lots of running around and keeping distance from the opponent.

2. Make madness spec into survivability spec, higher on defense less damage then lightning. What I have in mind is a melee caster, someone who can take damage. And to cover for PvE players, add some bonuses that he will give to a group maybe so it won't turn into mainly PvP spec.

I guess that's it :)

No sorcs are fine. I agree that sorc healing needs to be improved because compared to operative and merc its just not getting there. You are basically saying that Sorcs should be able to tank Assassin Deception DPS. Love the logic.

No sorcs are fine. I agree that sorc healing needs to be improved because compared to operative and merc its just not getting there. You are basically saying that Sorcs should be able to tank Assassin Deception DPS. Love the logic.

It's only a suggestion, what I am really asking is for more defense...

No sorcs are not fine. If you think that then you 1. dont play sorc. 2. Main one of the broken classes and want to keep the others down. Good game bro good game! (happy to log on my Merc, Mara, Sniper and you can log on a sorc and duel them my friend and tell me sorcs are just fine)

Why not make them able to tank sin decep? they made mercs be able to which is an off heal class just like sorc, so by that logic we are in our right to demand this outcome.

Edited by NateCrazy
cause i can

Winners and losers 6.0 so far(rDPS, survivability wise)

Snipers:

+ Phase Walk

Mercenaries:

+ Double Rocket Out(good for kiting)

- Self-healing(Rapid Scan, Emergency Scan) is nerfed by ~20%

Sorcerers:

- Self-healing(Resurgence, Dark Heal, probably Static Barrier) is nerfed by ~20%

Edited by EmperorRus

Winners and losers 6.0 so far(rDPS, survivability wise)

Snipers:

+ Phase Walk

Mercenaries:

+ Double Rocket Out(good for kiting)

- Self-healing(Rapid Scan, Emergency Scan) is nerfed by ~20%

Sorcerers:

- Self-healing(Resurgence, Dark Heal, probably Static Barrier) is nerfed by ~20%

That's pretty much it yea , , if they actually wanna go and nerf Lightning or touch Stormwatch we are gonna be the bottom of the barrel on all 3 specs. Kinda dissapointed to see SINS dmg buffed to insane numbers hitting for 69k in pvp is just not right and operatives conc. atleast hits like a truck plus self healing.

All in all not very happy with this patch and sorc healing just looks depressing , 3 more pieces and i'll see it first hand.

Sorc badly needs more means to survive. Right now it is a very easy target, especially if sorc doesn't know he should kitty his/her opponent. I played both assassin and sorc, assassin just eats sorcs for dinner. Yes, it is possible for sorc to win, I had those moments, but, every time my life was hanging by the thread, there is almost no room for mistake, not only our damage sucks, but our survivability is atrocious also. It's like they turned him into food for other classes compared to what I heard about sorcs in glory days. Some abilities from Valkorion that we had briefly to experience would be great maybe, Not that OP of course... Oh yeah, new ability has no use at all, its damage is the same as a cat bite, but even that doesn't do justice to cats...

1. Make lightning spec into heavy burst spec, high damage, but not much on the defense, kill or be killed philosophy so to speak, lots of running around and keeping distance from the opponent.

2. Make madness spec into survivability spec, higher on defense less damage then lightning. What I have in mind is a melee caster, someone who can take damage. And to cover for PvE players, add some bonuses that he will give to a group maybe so it won't turn into mainly PvP spec.

while this would greatly help noobs, it makes decent sorcs/sages ridiculously difficult to kill with huge damage output. The thing is, most noob sorc/sages play melee. That means they stand in one spot, shoot lightning at others and hope to win. Here's a fun fact, you won't. Step 1, move. Step 2, apply dots, step 3, if they follow you, move again. Pretty basic. You have phase walk, bubble, endless self heals, force sprint, what else do you need? But oh no, you want to be like a merc who just stands there wailing on people and thinking you'll win.

while this would greatly help noobs, it makes decent sorcs/sages ridiculously difficult to kill with huge damage output. The thing is, most noob sorc/sages play melee. That means they stand in one spot, shoot lightning at others and hope to win. Here's a fun fact, you won't. Step 1, move. Step 2, apply dots, step 3, if they follow you, move again. Pretty basic. You have phase walk, bubble, endless self heals, force sprint, what else do you need? But oh no, you want to be like a merc who just stands there wailing on people and thinking you'll win.

I agree with the point you're making here.

However, running away is often counterproductive in wz's. Sorcs/Sages lack the ability to stand and deliver (as you pointed out). But IMHO, having a beefy DCD on a 3 min timer would not be broken, and would do 2 things:

1) it would let sorcs defending a node do more than bubble for run away

2) it would even the playing field a *little* bit against maras and operatives, which are incredibly sticky and burst very hard. Bubbling and teleporting away might allow one to survive, but they only delay the (often) inevitable.

• 5 months later...

Yeah yeah.. I’ve heard all you wise guys out there sayn “ You have to be mobile etc etc” let me tell you something.,I was literary playing sorc, dps specs from beta.

They ruined the spec. They literary ruined the spec for pvp.

Proof? Just go and google just for fun “ swtor 6.0 sorc pvp built”

Every register will give the two dps specs for pve and the healing spec for pvp.

You know something? I’m bored just not sayn he obvious and tryn To sugar coating the pill.

I dare, I double dare actually, take the top ten sorcs/sages , dps specs, end game,and duel then with the top ten of every other spec, same gear, in outlaws den, best out of ten, and sent the results to EA and let’s hear how balanced the results are.

I know. Because in my server we did it with players playing 8 years now. I abandoned 2 years ago the sorc class for skank ano and it still hurts me o see their down fall and how really good players have to struggle to stay ali e and if they win. Seriously... something must be done by it.

Once hundred percent correct they have really weaken the sith sorcerer and Jedi sage characters they almost immediately die in flashpoints, operations on the first encounters its beyond a joke,

two years now so many issue not address bug wise but they want to add stuff for that appease minority.

I did not take out a subscription to get:

1) Character losing health like crazy in flashpoints and operations especially sith socerer Madness damage / Jedi sage balance

2) Unable to complete missions cause they are bugged.

3) Constantly being put in hammer station as a healer went I am a dps on sith socerer Madness damage / Jedi sage balance even went group role says I am DPS it causes so many arguments and people leaving the flashpoint.

4) Dying to quick on flashpoints and operation regardless of combat proficiency and gear arrangements.

5) Server lag is a drag lately.

5) Unable to pick up gear, items after killing enemies and bosses losing the loot

6) Gear drop rubbish it not for the class of character and combat proficiency you have choose

7) Gear is bound too restrictive

8) Lopsided in fights in wazone with some players are doing moves like flying across the screen from halfway across the warzone map next thing your dead or they have scored yet your unable to do those moves went you've on the same classes regardless of setup.

9) Same people entering warzones on same side across multiple servers that seem to be able to blaster their way around the war zone map without dying and winning nearly every time you go up against them which is near impossible without cheating :mad: making such events not worth the time and effort making everyone unhappy and top it off these are the same people who get in flashpoint and call you noobs and tell you to learn the game they never seem to die and can kill bosses its a piece of paper which I find completely impossible and against the odds of gaming calculations unless your using program for cheating.

( while this would greatly help noobs, it makes decent sorcs/sages ridiculously difficult to kill with huge damage output. The thing is, most noob sorc/sages play melee. That means they stand in one spot, shoot lightning at others and hope to win. Here's a fun fact, you won't. Step 1, move. Step 2, apply dots, step 3, if they follow you, move again. Pretty basic. You have phase walk, bubble, endless self heals, force sprint, what else do you need? But oh no, you want to be like a merc who just stands there wailing on people and thinking you'll win. )

This is totally rubbish sith sorcerer/ Jedi sages do not have endless self heals nor do they have endless barriers, barriers last only 2 secs and then you have to wait 20 seconds before you can apply it again and even in warzone shooting character can still hit you with your barrier up which to me means they are cheating their backside off.

especially went they apply their barrier and you can never hit them nor does it go down after 2 secs like the sith socerer and jedi characters.

You can not move around and apply your lightning move its near impossible only one abilities does that and you have to wait for it to cool down before you can apply it again. even with combat proficiency set correctly.

Phase walk is uselss in any fight pointless to have it in the game half the time it never works even in class storylines.

Just because some people use cheat to move quickly around the screen quick and can dart halve to the enemy thru the air does not mean everyone has that cheat move :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Edited by Darkrebellord

So I have played most of the classes out there, and with each class you have your sub-classes, or whatever. I can't speak much for all DPS or Tanks, I've played them but I found that I like healers better. I do know that certain class have stun blockers, and the guardians have a thing that will heal them when you attack them or put a dot on them (I hate it lol). I don't know much on how hard Sage/Sorc DPS can hit, I do know it can be pretty hard.

This next part is just my opinion so please no hate mail (lol). But from a Sage healer stand point we get the Force kicked out of us fast. I have seen other healer classes able to stealth, heal, and DPS hard (agent/smuggler). I have seen 3 players take them on and they look like they are walking through the park with how much they where getting hit and not dying in the game. I do know that an important key role in this is knowing who to play your toon. But it feels like Sage/Sorc healers can't stand up on their own. It feels like compared to others our heals ours are a joke. Its like putting a band-aid on a leg that is already cut off and telling them to walk it off.

Again I know that if you put a Sage/Sorc healer who knows what they are doing and with a DPS/tank player who knows what they are doing then they can be an unstoppable force. But you put a Sage/Sorc by themselves and have them duel one on one then like one post said on here you have to focus and not make a mistake, and sometimes that doesn't work. I'm not asking for stronger DPS, if you know how to play then your dots and very lil DPS and know what to look for will help you win. But I am asking for stronger heals. I should be able to go toe to toe with other healers.

I know others may or may not agree with me, again my opinion. Thank you.

Edited by Jordankwells

Again I know that if you put a Sage/Sorc healer who know what they are doing and with a DPS/tank player who knows what they are doing then they can be an unstoppable force. But you put a Sage by themselves and have them duel one on one then like one post said on here you have to focus and not make a mistake. I'm not asking for stronger DPS, if you know how to play then your dots and very lil DPS and know what to look for will help you win. But I am asking for stronger heals. I should be able to go toe to toe with other healers.

I know others may or may not agree with me, again my opinion. Thank you.

Why on earth does it matter who wins in a duel between two healers?

I literally have no idea what you're talking about right now.

Why on earth does it matter who wins in a duel between two healers?

I literally have no idea what you're talking about right now.

Then you did not read it properly. I never said a duel between two healers. All I said was they should be able to go toe to toe with other healers. Many whys you can take that, one meaning dueling. And why does it matter who wins in any duel? But if I do duel another class healer then my healer should be as good as theirs. The second thing how you can read it as, like I said in the last sentence is their heals should be equal. So before you pull quotes out of my post you should ready it fully.

Thank you.

Edited by Jordankwells

It has been a while (like, 1 year +) since I played Sage/Sorc in pvp while sober, so I guess the class has seen a nerf or 3 while I wasn't paying attention. Unfortunately my ping would probably be better if my IP packets were delivered by courier, so PvP has not been an enjoyable experience for a while :o That's my excuse, anyway!

But my recollection was that Sage/Sorc DPS builds were specifically intended to be glass cannons with either high burst or aoe/dots - high damage with no survivability; while healer builds were crap DPS and decent survivability but mostly focussed on keeping allies in the fight. If they were not being harrassed constantly, their team would need to faceplant in order to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

At the time, it was an achievement for any other class to get top damage in regs when there was a DPS sage/sorc on the team, and even when harrassed full time by stealthers, they would make significant contributions.

If you are expecting to be able to tank damage for more than a few seconds without having to run/phase walk out, then I would suggest these are not the droids you are looking for.

If the DPS is substandard for a glass cannon, so they are both squishy and not able to threaten the DPS leaderboard, then the DPS migiht need tweaking unless the player is coming up against opponents who are focussing and melee harrassing the sorc; in which case it sounds as though things are "working as intended".

But if I do duel another class healer then my healer should be as good as theirs. The second thing how you can read it as, like I said in the last sentence is their heals should be equal. So before you pull quotes out of my post you should ready it fully.

Thank you.

And yet you come back to the same point. I heal all three, ops, merc and sorc. All three are fine. You would get absolutely zero definitive evidence from two healers dueling each other, because if both are worth their salt, then neither would be able to kill the other.

Imma make this real short and sweet.

1) You are not meant to out DPS every class

2) You are not meant to out survive every class

3) you are not meant to out heal every class

PvP is designed as group content. Not solo content. You have a team. The team that supports each other, coordinates their efforts, and makes the most use of tactics wins the game. You need to look at whether or not that is being done in the groups you play with BEFORE you start asking for buffs or nerfs as that is almost always certainly the issue and not balance.

I haven't PvP'd since 2013 because people like you whine about this crap all the time and get the devs to change things that don't need to be changed.

Your class is fine. Your team on the other hand sucks. Learn to play together.

so I play mostly melee characters, and by far the most difficult class to kill is the sorc ( as they seem to be played more than sages- more on that)

I have found that in pvp sorcs IMO seems to be

1) super tanky

2) somehow heal to full all the time when i do manage to almsot kill them

so-- yesterday I made a sage-- boosted it to 70 and got him to 75.

Now Im not set geared, amplified specced, nor do i have any tacticals yet, but I definately didnt feel like the sorcs I regulary fight against.

I do like many of the insta cast procs, but im trying to figure out how these guys are using their abiilites to be unkillable.

ive use the 3 min cd ablative that get destoyed in a few secs, the blind on shield dissipate utility, cc break sprint, etc.... but he feels super squishy like a sentinal.

Edited by buffnblue

Since the Geniuses decided to totally wreck Sorcs again...wow really? 5 times in 8 years they made the Class the ridiculous second cousin and a total waste of space...the Class is pretty well unplayable...can't heal and is Dead last in Parse again...I truly get sick of peeps screwing around with Balancing...since every last time it's either Sorcs or Mercs that get gutted...

How nice that for a few months a Sorc could actually heal something AND AND AND was near the Top of the Parse...

Here's and idea...leave our characters alone maybe?

And ya wonder why the population is so low...wow...speechless at the blatant stupidity.