1st Anniversary Fireworks are Coming!

CourtneyWoods

No you're wrong. I'm still enjoying the same things about this game that I enjoyed at launch. BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".

Indeed. Well stated. :cool:

Edited by Urael

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you're wrong. I'm still enjoying the same things about this game that I enjoyed at launch. BioWare Austin has lost 100% of its passion since the layoffs and restructuring. It shows in the quality of the marketing videos they've released, it shows in this stupid fireworks announcement, it even shows in their body language on the Q&A livestreams. The people at BioWare Austin that had passion for this game are gone, fired or fled, and what we have left are professional MMO babysitters who think typical MMO things like fireworks are "good enough".

Bingo

Well, if people hadn't complained over stuff that wasn't in this game like that other game, actually stuck with it, like I did, and went slowly to, oh I don't know, actually ENJOY it and not complain about stupid crap (except the bugs of course), maybe they wouldn't have lost their enthusiasm. I know if I constantly had people complaining at me, I wouldn't care if they told me they needed a new kidney suddenly. I'd go 'meh' and let them croak.

Well, if people hadn't complained over stuff that wasn't in this game like that other game, actually stuck with it, like I did, and went slowly to, oh I don't know, actually ENJOY it and not complain about stupid crap (except the bugs of course), maybe they wouldn't have lost their enthusiasm. I know if I constantly had people complaining at me, I wouldn't care if they told me they needed a new kidney suddenly. I'd go 'meh' and let them croak.

Hyperbole. The "quality" (or in this case lack there of) warrents the complaints. SWTOR is one of the BEST single player RPGs on the market today ( which is BWs strength ) as an MMORPG not so much ... it still lacks AAA features. I will be surprised if it see's a second year that is not a mere "maintenance mode" much the same fate as WAR. :cool:

I agree completely.

However, those guys who had passion for the game are the ones responsible for SWTOR losing over 1 million subscribers during the first 6 months after launch because they refused to listen to people who tried to tell them what was wrong with their faux MMO.

At least the current dev team seems to understand that they need to listen to the subscribers and give them what they want. It's just unfortunate that their current rate of updates makes it appear that they've been cut down to a skeleton crew who'll be unable to put out content updates in a reasonable time frame.

Like you I'm still enjoying the game, but it lacks sandbox content and replayability. So in a few months, once I've gotten a few more characters to 50 and seen all the stories, I'll allow my sub to expire and I probably won't come back. Basically what the majority did 9 months ago. It just took me a little longer to get there.

As for the people complaining about the free fireworks... well, that's just typical of the 'ME' generation. Those people feel the world owes them something just cause they were born. Eventually they'll grow up and then they'll be in for a heck of a surprise.

Thank you! For our first year anniversary I decided that i would not only spend money for a six month subscription, but play you! Such a thoughtful gift ....fireworks....its the thought that counts right? well maybe I'll just let my sub run out and play you for free? after all your CLEARLY putting in endless effort into our relationship.

Maybe just to blow some steam, I'll do and cheat on you with sto.....which as I have always maintained is only a shiny cheap FB app..... but at least with it's hundred day veteran rewards I feel somewhat more loved...than with you...

You better have something else - I love the fact that your whole "year" of ready content is an utter crap....well in the near future I just might leave....or in the coming weeks i'll give you a few more details about how or if I'll pay for my subscription.

Omg yes.

I love little things like this. I run around with that ball toss game driving my friends nuts all the time. I need stuff to do that will amuse me between raids, and since there's no mini games, it's these things that will do the trick.

Edited by Radzkie

Neato. Much better than the WoW gift. All we got was last years anniversary letter, and a tabard that goes away after the anniversary. Thanks!

Only better than WoWs gifts since they put their pets in a real money store - starting to see the connection?

Hello! We have seen some of the negative feedback of the fireworks and decided to chime in some. In addition to the year anniversary of the games firework sets you will receive countless boxes of tissues to wipe away your endless QQ tears that can't seem to break from your rather dismal souls. On top of that it even gets better! We are currently hiring staff to wipe your butt and feed you WHILE you play! The utmost honorable TOR TISSUES are on their way! But wait! THERES MORE!

In addition to the tissues and servants for playing our game we will award those who are founders or have been subscribed since the beginning giant, juicy, delicious TOR steaks! No games...these are genuine grade A meat 4 inch thick steaks. Enjoy them anywhere you want! *while playing TOR of course* These steaks will be shipped to your house at no cost to you!

But wait...there's even more. Subscribe NOW and get your fabulous xp handed to you on silver platters! Let me make myself clear a little more. If you subscribe right now, limited time offer, you will get silver platter xp! This means a 60 percent boost, no make that a 75 percent boost to your whole account and you can turn it on and off when you want and it never ever expires!! Thank you for being a part of our game and we can't wait to see you all there! May the force be with you!

Limited time only! Call now 1-800-TOR-TISSUE that's 1-800-TOR-TISSUE ...one more time that's 1-800-TOR-TISSUE!

Would you have all prefered that? :p:rolleyes:

I don't like the fireworks, either, but at least they didn't simply say "Happy anniversary!"

Still...Well said.

I took a six month hiatus from the game to try others and participate in a few betas, only to return to SWTOR recently and find most of the things I liked at launch remained intact (Warzones, Flashpoints, Operations, Story, etc.). However, a lot of that is mired by a perpetual insistence that the game's many flaws are "solid design." For a game that once mandated, but still offered a subscription service, that's just simply not true.

I'm a former SWG player who only played until the closure because I loved Jump to Lightspeed; that feature remained largely unchanged from its launch in 2004, and they added a ton of content and well-received features to it in SWG's final year. SOE was even tolerant of my cosmetic mod that

My initial excitement over the confirmation by Hickman and Schubert that SWTOR's big space project was coming was quickly diminished by their lack of enthusiasm in the rest of the LiveStream, coupled by their overhyped, lackluster content releases throughout SWTOR's first year. Needless to say, it continues to be a "wait and see" for me, though I don't think SWTOR's space project will hold a candle to Chris Robert's Space Citizen in a few years. My passion for Star Wars may be in its death throes by 2014, but we'll see.

Edited by JarekCyphus
Added some content to post

Thank you for the little celebratory fireworks, SWTOR. :-D I think they'll be neat little things, although I also liked the reusable idea (BUT THAT'S BECAUSE I'M SELFISH!).

For the rest of you who are complaining, wow. You guys act like the developers had a round-table meeting, and someone decided to greenlight the Fireworks idea as the studio's holiday project. The reality is the fireworks are probably a couple-hour thing that someone made in some extra time, and they decided to give 'em to us as a cool little thing.

They're completely optional. You guys who don't want to use them don't have to. :-D