Yes my first 50 FP and the gear is....

So I ran Battle for Ilum last night and had a good time. I play a merc and was surprised when gear for me dropped and what I had was way better. I am cybertech and made both my top armoring and mod(22s). I also got the enhancement mod from the heroic 2 quest in most my gear. Was surprised that those mods made the gear better than this FP.

So my question is will the gear from normal FPs ever be better than my current purple mods? or will I have to do hard mode?

NM FPs does not give good gear if you have G23(Grade) Armoring, mods or w/e. Since your modable gear will become on par or better than Tionese gear (T1) - Your only hope of receiving better gear is from crafting (Belt, waist, implant and ear) or do HM/OPs

Getting gear from NM Ilum or False Emperor is only to be prepared for HM. The easiest HM being Taral V.

When you're 50, lvl 50 normal modes are basically a way to discover the fp without getting wiped. You can easily mod better gear with mods that you crafted, or you bought from ah, or you get from daily missions. So if you want "real" loot, start doing hard modes.